Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:16:15 PM
715364 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124636 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1965 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »

Couple nights ago I watched a Danish zombie flick called DEAD SNOW.  A group of young medical students head up to a remote mountain cabin for some fun in the snow and have a nasty run-in with a bunch of undead SS troops and their zombie commander. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of gore (one of the heroes winds up dangling over a cliff face, hanging on only by the ripped out intestines of the zombie he just killed), no nudity, little plot.  Worth a rental if you've already seen ZOMBIELAND.  Way better than BIOPHAGE.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1966 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

Blood Sisters (1987) - Some sorority initiates have to spend the night in a haunted house.  Some guys have rigged up things to scare them, but of course the house is actually haunted.  This thing was so forgettable that by the time I got to the 15 minute mark, I had completely forgotten the first 14 minutes.  Undeveloped characters, the movie doesn't take itself seriously, it lacks even a cheesy attempt at scariness...some high quality T&A though.  2.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1967 on: March 05, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

Death Warmed Up (1984) - A mad scientist is trying to make people immortal, but meeting with little success.  His patients are lucky to live for a few years.  Some of them even have their heads explode  Bluesad  Maybe this is just the early stages of his research?  Anyhow, the other scientists disapprove of his work, so he injects some kid with some substance, which causes the kid to kill the disapproving scientist.  So the kid spends 7 years in the nut house.  When he gets out, he takes his girlfriend and another couple to the island where this mad scientist is conducting his research.  He's apparently quite a bigshot, with many patients.  So yeah, kid wants to kill the scientist, manages to get his friends killed along the way.  Girlfriend disapproves.  There are a horde of insane zombies running around and they attack everybody and make a general nuisance out of themselves.  This whole thing is so pointless it's funny.  It rips off the Road Warrior, it...it...just doesn't make any sense at all.  the girlfriend was totally hot, but of course these Mill Creek 50 pack DVD's look like they were recorded off a 20 year old VHS tape.  2/5. 

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1968 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

Screamers The Hunting (2009) - Sequel to Screamers.  As you may know from the first movie, screamers are nasty robots that can mimic human form.  They've killed just about everybody on some planet, but one survivor manages to get out a distress signal.  So some military types are sent from Earth to check this out.  They meet a small group of survivors, and through one act of wanton idiocy after another, manage to get just about everybody killed.  Example:  after meeting the survivors, they then find that they've got three people that they're holding prisoner - by attaching them to a magnetic grid.  Gosh, could it be that these are metallic robots that just look human?  Oh, we're far too stupid to think about that - let's just release them.  Oh gee, they WERE killer robots, and now they've slaughtered just about everybody we were sent to save.  Darn it anyway.  Throughout the movie, there are things that are just so damned obvious to the audience, yet none of these people have a clue.  The special effects weren't really all that bad, far better than this rubbish deserved.  Yet another 2/5.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:11:12 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1969 on: March 06, 2010, 09:52:46 AM »

The Descent: Part 2~~~ I loved the first one and was really looking forward to this.. It starts out exactly where the last one ends, with Sara making it out.. Its been 2 days and people are looking for them.

They aren't getting anywhere since they are looking in the wrong place so they use a dog, find where they think she came out, and get ready to go in. oh, they take Sara with them because the cop thinks she may have done something to her friends. (she cant remember anything)

It has a couple of pretty good scares, one scene that made me almost vomit, and an ending that made my daughter cry(my daughter is not a crier at all).. so, not good. There was a kinda cool surprise that they didn't use to its full advantage and that was disappointing. But that ending,   Lookingup  lame.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1970 on: March 06, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »

Guyana Crime of the Century: I really disliked Cardonna's "Tintorerra: killer shark" but at least it was somewhat entertaining, however distasteful.  This is basically a wikipedia entry on the jonestown massacre acted out in a colorless competent manner.  The actor playing Jones, called Johnson here, is good and in general it's all okay though some of the dialogue is stiff but its like ....okay...it's about the Jonestown massacre.  It's like if an italian Giallo director making a nazi-sploitation flick all the sudden decided to make a factual documentary about the holocaust.  

All the more psyched for tonights arrival "Zombie Strippers" 2/5
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:09:55 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #1971 on: March 06, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

It starts out exactly where the last one ends, with Sara making it out

...yeah.  In the version you saw, maybe.   Twirling
3mnkids

« Reply #1972 on: March 06, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »

It starts out exactly where the last one ends, with Sara making it out

...yeah.  In the version you saw, maybe.   Twirling

TeddyR ok, I guess I should have said.. starts out where the last one ends, SPOILER

except...Sara gets out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:55:06 PM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1973 on: March 07, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »

Zombie Strippers (2008)- Like alot of low budget movies, this one starts off clunky and cliched and gives you that "Why did I rent this" feeling moving towards a "I am going to take this out and watch something else" feeling.  Don't though because after the first 10 minutes of generic action and groan inducing non humor when they get to the strip club it gets better and when the strip club does become a zombie strip club it gets still better.  Robert Englund is really good as the a***ole manager.  The strippers are the skinny w/ silicon Vegas types of the type only Howard Stern likes anymore but again, when they Zombie out it's fun.  Not a masterpiece but pretty good and it's raucousness did take me someplace on a Saturday night in a bulls**t town when everyone I once knew has either left the state or country or is too weird to talk too.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:13:35 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1974 on: March 08, 2010, 08:23:27 AM »

The Land That Time Forgot (2009) - The latest remake from our friends at The Asylum.  This wasn't bad at all - some people are on a pleasure cruise and get sucked through some portal in the Bermuda Triangle.  They end up on an island with a few other people who disappeared in the Triangle.  There's also a T-Rex on the island, as well as a German U-boat.  The plan is to get the U-boat operational and use it to escape.  The characters were a likable enough bunch, and although the action slowed down substantially in the second half, the first part was quite engaging.  The CGI is the usual chuckle inducing stuff we've come to expect from the Asylum.  I'll give it a solid 3/5.  It could have gotten and extra .5 if the chick in the tight tank top wouldn't have been wearing a jacket for 90% of the movie - she was fine. 

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1975 on: March 08, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »

THE INVENTION OF LYING (2009): In an alternate reality where everyone always tells the truth and says exactly what's on his or her mind, one man spontaneously develops the ability to lie, which gives him almost godlike powers since everyone believes whatever he says.  A thinking man/woman's romantic comedy that wanders off track at times with a heavy dose of religious satire and has some trouble balancing cynicism and sentimentality. There are some very funny moments in the opening segments before it bogs down a little.  From the creator/star of the British "The Office." 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #1976 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »

I just finished watching A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984).

It was pretty good.  I give it 10.9 out of 13 stars.

I now want to watch the entire series.

I have the 1st four movies on 1 set, so that should be pretty easy.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1977 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:33 AM »

Watched a bunch of TV episodes from Treeline's 100 Episode Multi-pack.

5 Episodes of Four Star Playhouse

1. "A Study in Panic" - after writing a scathing editorial critical of men panicking trying to escape during a fire, a writer
(Dick Powell) finds himself put to the panic test when he receives a letter from a mysterious stranger promising to kill him within the next 24 hours. I enjoyed this one. Dick Powell was good in the lead and there's a couple of great scenes here such as when Powell meets a poetic bum on the streets and when he confronts a desperate man in a restaurant. The ending twist was a nice surprise too. Just suffers a bit from its stagebound look.

2. "Let the Chips Fall" - a reformed card shark (Charles Boyer) is recruited by a society mens club to discover if one of their own has in fact been cheating them at Poker. I liked this one as well. Boyer is charming in the lead role and the connection he feels and creates with the "suspect" proves surprisingly believable.

3. "The Girl on the Park Bench" - Faced with a changing law that will see her rent hiked up severely, a woman (Joan Fontaine) protests the Mayor's changes by setting up tent in the local public park and contacting the press. The Mayor responds by sending his star District Attorney to convince her to leave the park. Fontaine is a delight here although this story soon, perhaps too soon, turns into the expected comedy/romance. It is a suprisingly convincing one though.

4. "Full Circle" - an actress (Jeanne Baird) plots revenge against a critic (David Niven) whose written a bad review that may just ruin her career ambitions. This romantic tale never quite is as convincing as it ought to be yet is enjoyable enough in its own way. Niven proves a surprisingly likable fellow for a guy who writes nasty reviews.

5. "The Contest" - A District Attorney (Dick Powell) is conflicted when his fiancee becomes the leading suspect in the murder of a man they both had very good reason to hate. This murder mystery episode is more focused on the character interaction between our two leads with Powell's moral compass being fine-tuned to convincing his lady friend to do the right thing. This was a little tougher slugging to get through as a viewer although I liked Powell in the role of the honest to a fault D.A..

1 Episode of The Star and the Story

1. "The True Confessions of Henry Pell" - a man (Howard Duff) and his wife (Randy Stuart), given their mundane suburban existence, begin to crave a little more adventure and status in life. However the husband eventually discovers things aren't always brighter on the other side. This story is almost surreal. It really makes one think about the sameness of society in the era in question here. In the end, is mundane sameness really as bad as crazy unpredictability? It makes for interesting and somewhat bizarre viewing experience at least.

Also caught six episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet which I started a thread on in the Television forum.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1978 on: March 09, 2010, 05:22:41 AM »

Mother of Tears- Slightly disappointed in this movie, but still watchable.   Thumbup

Blood of Castle Dracula- One word describes this disasterpiece: B-licious!  It's so positively awful it's fun.  So many flaws I don't know where to start, but it's all good.  I feel like this movie asks the burning question of "What if Dracula was a flamboyant douchebag with a chin that dwarfs even that of Jay Leno, Bruce Campbell, or Sgt. Slaughter?"   Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1979 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »

End of the World (1977) - A scientist receives a message from space, warning of an upcoming disaster.  Sure enough, there's a big earthquake in China.  Then he intercepts some signals being sent to space, so he decides to track down the source.  He finds Christopher Lee, a priest at a convent, along with some nuns.  They're actually aliens!  They need a crystal to travel back to their home planet, and luckily the scientist has just the crystal they need.  The name of the movie is End of the World, so that's gonna figure into the plot somewhere as well.  My theory is that this was meant to be seen at the drive-in, and they figured everyone would be busy making out during the first half hour, so absolutely nothing happens in that portion of the movie.  We watch the scientist leave work, drive the entire distance to his house, then there's a long establishing shot of his living room.  He has a conversation with his wife, then we watch them drive to a party, where people mill about.  Then we watch them drive home.  My favorite part is when they're walking around in the dark, and we get to stare at an almost completely black TV screen for about 5 straight minutes.  The pace finally picks up at the end, thankfully.  Listening to the techno-babble about interplanetary travel is comical enough, but listening to an 80 year old nun speak it - priceless.  Unfortunately it commits the cardinal sin of being boring, so it gets a 2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.