Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:12:18 AM
715341 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124449 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2010 on: March 14, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »

End of the Line (2007)- Very creepy, very intense movie.   Thumbup

I agree. I dont usually go for apocalypse kind of movies but this one is really well done. SPOILER

When the guy tells the young girl he is sorry for not killing her I about sh**.. scared the crap out of me.
   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2011 on: March 14, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »

Quest For Camelot Was A Highly Promoted Kid's Movie Way Back When , It's About Saving The Sword Excalibur And Saving King Arthur , .....And Gary Oldman Does The Voice Of The Bad Guy

Barbie Of Swan Lake , It Is The Story Of Swan Lake As Told By Barbie , I Actually Liked This Movie Better Than THE SWAN Princess , ........And Kelsey Grammer Does The Voice Of The Bad Guy

WILLOW , This Movie Was Highly Recommended To Me By Someone , It Stars Warwick Davis (The Guy Who Played The Leprechaun) And A Very Young Val Kilmer , It Was Directed By Ron Howard And Written By George Lucas (before they Sold Out For Hollywood

All Three Movies Were Good And I Recommend Them Lo Fantasy/kid's movie lovers
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2012 on: March 14, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »

End of the Line (2007)- Very creepy, very intense movie.   Thumbup

I agree. I dont usually go for apocalypse kind of movies but this one is really well done.    TeddyR

I don't think I can hear a hymnal and feel the same again.  It had a very haunting effect.  And yeah, that scene you described was pretty intense. 
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2013 on: March 14, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »

Quest For Camelot Was A Highly Promoted Kid's Movie Way Back When , It's About Saving The Sword Excalibur And Saving King Arthur , .....And Gary Oldman Does The Voice Of The Bad Guy

Always loved "Willow".  Still do ...   Smile

Barbie Of Swan Lake , It Is The Story Of Swan Lake As Told By Barbie , I Actually Liked This Movie Better Than THE SWAN Princess , ........And Kelsey Grammer Does The Voice Of The Bad Guy

WILLOW , This Movie Was Highly Recommended To Me By Someone , It Stars Warwick Davis (The Guy Who Played The Leprechaun) And A Very Young Val Kilmer , It Was Directed By Ron Howard And Written By George Lucas (before they Sold Out For Hollywood

All Three Movies Were Good And I Recommend Them Lo Fantasy/kid's movie lovers

Hold onto your dreams ....
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2014 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »

Bonanza

“The Gunmen” (1960) (Season 1, Episode 19) (Starring Dan Blocker and Michael Landon. Guest starring Henry Hull, George Mitchell, Douglas Spencer, King Donovan, Dennis Holmes, Ellen Corby, Ann Graves, Jenny Maxwell, Bill McLean, Jonathan Gilmore, Jody Fair. Written by Carey Wilber. Directed by Christian Nyby. Plot synopsis: Hoss and Little Joe Cartwright are mistaken for two nasty hired killers and find themselves tangled up between two feuding Texas families, both of whom seem determined to either hang or shoot them as well.) (Color)

This episode is played strictly for laughs. It has its moments comedy wise here and there but hardly proves all that memorable. King Donovan as the town drunk tends to steal the show whenever he's on screen and George Mitchell and Douglas Spencer are fine as the heads of their respective feuding families. The best line though comes from Henry Hull's cowardly Sheriff when he says any battle can be won by getting the women on your side. Only why didn't he ever do that himself before? Too cowardly perhaps?

“The Spanish Grant” (1960) (Season 1, Episode 21) (Starring Pernell Roberts, Lorne Greene, Dan Blocker and Michael Landon. Guest starring Patricia Medina, Sebastian Cabot, Holly Bane, Paul Picerni, Celia Lovsky, Salvador Baguez, Claudia Bryar, John Frederick, Genaro Gomez, Stuart Randall, Ned Wever, Victor Sen Yung. Written by David Dortort based on a story by Morris Lee Green. Directed by Christian Nyby. Plot synopsis: The Cartwrights go to court in an effort to prove a portion of the Ponderosa and other surrounding Carson Valley lands do not rightfully belong to a Spanish lady named Isabella Marie De La Cuesta, who has claimed the land because of an old Spanish grant. But is Isabella in fact who she truly claims to be?) (Color)

I enjoyed this story about a woman [Patricia Medina] conflicted by her desire for riches, wealth and prestige she'd previously thought unattainable and her desire to do the right thing. Patricia's Isabella character is very interesting and is well portrayed here making this a better than average episode.

“The Last Viking” (1960) (Season 2, Episode 10) (Starring Dan Blocker, Lorne Greene, Michael Landon and Pernell Roberts. Guest starring Neville Brand, Sonya Wilde, Al Ruscio, Louis Mercier, Ric Marlow, Herbert Lytton. Written by Anthony Lawrence. Directed by John Florea. Plot synopsis: An old Uncle of the Cartwrights, their mother’s brother Gunnar Borgstrom pays an unexpected visit to his family. Borgstrom is, unknown to his family, leader of a band of raiders and killers called the Comancheros who soon set their sights on the Ponderosa and its surrounding homesteads as fat birds waiting to be plucked.) (Color)

Neville Brand as Uncle Gunnar Borgstrom makes this episode very intriguing to watch as well. Here again we have a man conflicted by issues of morality as his family gets tangled up with his Comanchero lifestyle, something I'm sure he wished would never come head to head. Dan Blocker is quite good in this one too as he grows close to his Uncle and later feels betrayed by him.

The Lone Ranger

“Enter the Lone Ranger” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 1) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Glenn Strange, George J. Lewis, Tristram Coffin and Jack Clifford. Written by George B. Seitz Jr. based on story by Fran Striker. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: A group of six Texas Rangers are ambushed by a gang of outlaw bandits lead by Butch Cavendish [Glenn Strange]. One Ranger however survives and is nursed back to health by Tonto, an Indian he’d previously befriended and whose life he had once saved. This man decides to let the world think he is in fact dead and pledges on his fallen comrades’ graves to carry on the fight against crime and evildoers under a new guise: that of the masked Lone Ranger!

“The Lone Rangers Fights On” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 2) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Glenn Strange, Walter Sande, George Chesebro, Ralph Littlefield, George J. Lewis and Jack Clifford. Written by George B. Seitz Jr. based on the story by Fran Striker. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: The Lone Ranger and Tonto search for a mount for the Lone Ranger to use as they set out to bring Butch Cavendish and his gang to justice.

“The Lone Ranger’s Triumph” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 3) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Glenn Strange, Walter Sande, George Chesebro, Ralph Littlefield, George J. Lewis and Jack Clifford. Written by George B. Seitz Jr. based on the story by Fran Striker. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr. Plot synopsis: In the town of Colby, the Lone Ranger seeks the aid of local Colby Sheriff “Two-Gun” Taylor [Walter Sande] and a few other friends as he sets out to bring down Butch Cavendish and his gang, as they’ve basically taken over the town.

(All three above episodes 1-3 are here combined into a movie running 64:20)

These three episodes are all presented as a little film. I quite enjoyed it. Brought back lots of childhood memories as the Lone Ranger used to air in reruns when I was a wee toddler and I myself would play pretend at being him. This original story is quite straightforward but is well done with a good cast including Glenn Strange himself! The dummy they used to replace a falling Cullens though was laughable. Should please most fans of the character. It made me feel like a kid again watching it. Honestly I loved it.

“The Legion of Old-Timers” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 4) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Emmett Lynn, Norman Willis, DeForest Kelley, Lane Bradford and Sandy Sanders. Written by Tom Sellers. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: A crook named Red Devers [Norman Willis] tries to strong-arm newcomer ranch owner Bob Kittredge [DeForest Kelley] into selling the valuable Circle K Ranch property he’s inherited from his father. The Lone Ranger and Tonto join forces with a legion of old-timers who’ve spent their lives working at the Circle K in an effort to bring down Devers and end his evil plan.

More fun adventure with the Lone Ranger and this time a bit of comedy is thrown into the mix via the Legion of Old Timers. Good charming innocent fun. And a young DeForest Kelley to boot.

“The Renegades” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 8) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Gene Roth, Harry Harvey, Ralph Moody, Kenneth MacDonald, Michael Ross, Wheaton Chambers and Lane Chandler. Written by Edmond Keslo and Harry Poppe Jr.. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: Tonto receives an urgent smoke signal message from his old Indian friend Chief Swift Eagle [Ralph Moody]. Soon we learn that the rations of food and supplies being sent to the Indians are being raided and stolen. The army suspects renegade Indians but the truth is army deserters are behind these raids. Will the Lone Ranger uncover the devious plot to raid these supplies and then place the blame on renegade Indians in time to keep innocent Indians, possibly even Tonto, from being deported to the Florida Everglades?

The plot to this one was a little more complex seems to me than was usual for the series and I was disturbed by the whipping scenes when the evil Bolan whips Tonto and Chief Swift Eagle. The arrival of the Inspector who takes the whip away from Bolan was a powerful, moving scene...the kind that makes you want to cheer.

“Old Joe’s Sister” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 15) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Anne O’ Neal, Joel Friedkin, Lester Sharpe, Wade Crosby and Clancy Cooper. Written by Tom Seller. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: Biff Baker [Lester Sharpe] and Cactus Gleason [Wade Crosby], a pair of death row prisoners escape with the Lone Ranger and Tonto hot on their trail. Soon when Baker spots the lonely isolated cabin of an hermit named “Old Joe” Peters, he decides to do away with Peters and take his place. Old Joe however has a sister Abigail [Anne O’ Neal] whose all set to come live with him.

This was pretty by the numbers with an element of comedy again via this time Old Joe's sister Abigail, who really is no lady you want to be messing with. She even seems to outwit the Lone Ranger at one point?!

“Cannonball McKay” (1949) (Season 1, Episode 16) (Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Guest starring Louise Lorimer, Leonard Strong, Charles Meredith, Tristram Coffin, Ralph Peters, Mack Williams and Fred Murray. Written by Tom Seller. Directed by George B. Seitz Jr.. Plot synopsis: The Lone Ranger and Tonto get involved in a murder investigation in Boone County when Station Agent Jim Collins is murdered and a Wells Fargo gold shipment is robbed. The leading suspect is an ex-convict named Clem Jones [Leonard Strong], a recent employee of a legendary female gunslinger named Cannonball McKay. Tonto however knows Clem has been set up and he and the Lone Ranger set out to bring the true villains to justice.

I liked this one too. Again it was pretty by the numbers but Leonard Strong's Clem proves surprisingly sympathetic in this one.

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

The Kleebob Card Game (1950) (Season 1, Episode 1) (Starring George Burns, Gracie Allen, Henry Jones, Bill Goodwin, Bea Benaderet, Hal March and The Skylarks. Written by Paul Henning, Sid Dorfman, Harvey Helm and William Burns. Directed by Ralph Levy. Plot synopsis: A book salesman finds Gracie a rather tough sale. Later George and Harry try and get out of taking their wives to the movies, since they really want to go to the fights, with a confusing card game they call “Kleebob”.) (Musical guest: The Skylarks) ) (AKA: The Book Salesman)

A variety comedy show from a bygone era. It was funnier than I expected it to be thanks mainly to the constant quips from George Burns and Gracie Allen portrayal of herself as the ultimate ditzy housewife.

The Property Tax Assessor (1950) (Season 1, Episode 3) (Starring George Burns, Gracie Allen, Bea Benaderet, Hal March, Bill Goodwin, Marilyn Clark, Bob Sweeney and Ellen Hanley. Written by Paul Henning, Sid Dorfman, Harvey Helm and William Burns. Directed by Ralph Levy. Plot synopsis: A property tax assessor gets more than he bargained for when he visits Gracie. Later Gracie plots to get a ding she believes she’s made in George’s car fixed with him unawares by having Bill Goodwin borrow it before they’re set to go to the football game with their neighbors the Mortons. (Musical Guest: Miss Ellen Hanley)

Hmm a lot of the plots do seem similar though, don't they. Still good fun although also very much a product of its era. Not sure all the comedy bits would go over so well with today's audience.

Harry Morton’s Private Secretary (1950) (Season 1, Episode 4) (Starring George Burns, Gracie Allen, Bea Benaderet, Hal March, Bill Goodwin, Camilla DeWitt, Harrison Muller Sr. and Bob Fosse. Written by Paul Henning, Sid Dorfman, Harvey Helm and William Burns. Directed by Ralph Levy. Plot synopsis: Harry’s wife Blanche becomes jealous when her husband hires a new secretary. Unknown to her however, said secretary is a man. Later a pretty young girl visits the Burns to interview George for her high school newspaper but soon finds herself more charmed by Bill Goodwin and Carnation Milk than by George. (Musical Guests: Tap dancers: Bob Fosse and Harrison Muller Sr..)

I found it a bit disturbing here that Goodwin's character seems to be smitten with a teenage high school girl but yet it all remains surprisingly innocent and charming although the constant mentioning of sponsor Carnation Milk gets a bit much at times.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:36:03 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2015 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

Mortuary (2005; Tobe Hooper)- Egads!  This was painful!  It didn't start getting interesting until the last thirty minutes, and by then it was too little to late.  Shame on you, Mr. Hooper!  You really should start reading scripts and finding out what's considered effective in horror these days rather than jumping at any opportunity to direct a horror movie.  Seriously.  Films like this have killed your promise.   Thumbdown
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2016 on: March 14, 2010, 10:14:12 PM »

The Cursed (2010) - A guy goes to a small Southern town to hang out with his friend, but unfortunately a CGI creature shows up at the same time and starts killing everybody.  The guy teams up with the town's librarian to figure out what's going on and stop the slaughter.  This wasn't too bad, the characters were, well...there were characters.  The plot was rather poorly developed.  They spend a lot of time researching the history of the town, but then luckily some old guy in a nursing home gives them the entire backstory of the creature.  My favorite part was when the librarian's father gets killed, and even though she apparently lives with him, she never notices he's gone.  And the creature isn't neat about its killings.  The last act of the movie, the big climax, was actually pretty boring.  Still, it wasn't atrocious, so I suppose it earns a 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2017 on: March 15, 2010, 12:52:59 AM »

Shoot 'Em Up- A fun, silly gun movie.  And it has Clive Owen.  Thumbup
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2018 on: March 15, 2010, 03:10:08 AM »

Cube- Seen it before.  Still good.   Thumbup
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2019 on: March 15, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »

The Legend of the Titanic: Probably the most offensive and illogical movie I have ever seen.  It's really hard to put into words why it blows, but I knew it was going to blow when the narrator said that all the people who died on the Titanic was a misunderstanding.  Either that or when the magical flying and talking dolphins appeared and talked to the main character.  That's when I knew this movie was a complete failure.  I'm not going to say how everyone survived, because I don't think you would believe me if I told you.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2020 on: March 15, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »

rev-  I was going for some sarcasm there that didn't come across sorry.  I didn't know the difference either.  I still don't

HG Wells the Invisible Man (british late 50's tv show) This was really good.  The main complaint with the show seems to be the lack of special effects and this is an apt criticism, but it's still enjoyable.  He is, I guess, naked alot of the time because he is totally invisble except when he is wearing the mummy wrap w/ sunglasses.  Obviously if they could have done more stuff with him in the suit but no face or hands that would have been cool but oh well.  Also, in the movie, which I really like, part of the plot is he begins to lose his mind from the formula that makes him invisible and he becomes rather hilarious in doing so.  There's none of that here, it's just a straight detective show but it's a good one.  They use the invisiblity as a device the way Medium uses Allisons pyschic ability: as a way to make the plot more interesting.  The disk had 3 hours worth of episodes (half hour each) and I coudn't stop watching them.  He works for some scientific part of the british government and uses the invisiblity to catch spies, mainly ze communinksah
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:32:24 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Cthulhu

« Reply #2021 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »

Megalodon-I had to fast forward through this one.
Incredibly boring, not recommended.

Legend of bigfoot-A documentary about Bigfoot. I don't know why, but I liked this one. Of course, it's complete bulls silliness, but it's harmless.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2022 on: March 15, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »

I tried to make it through THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA, but just couldn't quite handle it.  Too much 70's cheesiness, and it was too late at night.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids

« Reply #2023 on: March 15, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »

My daughter bugged me till I rented this..  Lookingup   

Hachi: A Dog's Tale~ I dont usually go for the cute, cuddly, get out the Kleenex movies but Im glad I watched this one. This is based on a true story about a man and a dog.  The dog follows the man to the train station every morning and then meets him there every afternoon. One day the man doesnt get off the train and the dog waits, and waits and waits for him.. omg! My entire household was in tears.. My husband even teared up a bit and he never does that.

Even though it might sound a bit boring, it wasnt. The dog is adorable, Richard Gere is actually really good in this, and its a sweet(very sad) story.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #2024 on: March 15, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »

I just saw Deathstalker for the first time.  Yeah.  Been meaning to see it for over ten years, ever since I first saw its awesome cover.  Even then though, I remember looking at the back and thinking the cover was probably misleading.  But, I don't think any movie was ever as good as the Boris Vallejo painting on the box.

Pretty fun movie though.  Favorite line: "This just isn't your day"

7/10

Oh, and you don't get to say this about a movie...  Favorite boobs: Lana Clarkson's.   TeddyR
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.