Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:20:08 PM
715287 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123729 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2085 on: March 30, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »

Greenaway: The Falls (1980) - To me movies are light entertainment. I'll watch something challenging up to a point but I am just not curious enough about this to subject myself to it's full 3 hours. It's sort of like a really demented early Monty Python skit but weirder and much less funny. It consists of 92 case studies of different people who are afflicted with some kind of bird fixation or something and it all symbolizes the end of the world.  I don't even know if that's what it was about. I appreciate seeing something that is not jut the usual 90 minute movie format but this just didn't hold my interest though it does resemble a professional documentary and I don't doubt there is something interesting in there somewhere. maybe another time
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:40:24 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2086 on: March 30, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »

KAW: A movie about killer ravens, who are extremely smart, that attack a town in the middle of nowhere.  The reason for becoming manics is that the ravens ate dead cows that were infected with Mad Cow Disease.  Add that to list of things I don't know about sciene.  It was a pretty good movie, even for Sci-Fi Channel standards, and I sort of enjoyed it.  Maybe worth a watch or two in the future.  I think the effects were some of the best parts of the movie, using a neat mixture of CGI and real ravens to attack people.  It looked pretty convincing.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2087 on: March 31, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »

KAW: A movie about killer ravens, who are extremely smart, that attack a town in the middle of nowhere.  The reason for becoming manics is that the ravens ate dead cows that were infected with Mad Cow Disease.  Add that to list of things I don't know about sciene.  It was a pretty good movie, even for Sci-Fi Channel standards, and I sort of enjoyed it.  Maybe worth a watch or two in the future.  I think the effects were some of the best parts of the movie, using a neat mixture of CGI and real ravens to attack people.  It looked pretty convincing.

InfoGeek, just in case you missed the thread, I think that you would be very interested in BIRDEMIC: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,129343.0.html

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2088 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »

I just watched Escape From New York (1981).

Great fun!

I give it 9.9 out of 13 stars.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2089 on: April 01, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »

I just watched Ils or in english: Them (2006).

Based off a true story (supposedly), it's about a couple terrorized by mysterious strangers in the night.

It's simple and it's terrifying!

No gore (which works in it's favor) and no exact explanations (which also works in it's favor).

Normally, I'm not into horror based off of real crime, but this film was so great I don't care.

Highly recommended!  I give it 13 out of 13 stars.

I'll be in bed soon and I know I'll have nightmares.  Bluesad  TeddyR (It's a sign of a good horror movie!)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:13:23 AM by Sleepyskull » Logged

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2090 on: April 01, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »

Boogeyman (2005) - a young child witnesses his father being murdered by the boogeyman.  Flash forward 15 years, and he's away at college, pretty much recovered from that frightful incident.  But then his mom dies and he inherits the house - the house the boogeyman lives in mwahahahaha!.  So he goes back to his hometown and wanders around the house.  For the middle three-quarters of the movie.  He sees lots of unnecessary flashbacks of his childhood, and at one point - this is really scary so prepare yourself - he goes into a closet, and they must have filmed it from ten different angles.  The quickly switch from one angle to another to another - while dramatic music plays!  Another scary thing that happens is they show a close up of a water faucet and then - shockingly - water starts coming out of it!  His girlfriend stops by, and she's kind of sexy.  Probably the best part of the movie.  The ending was good, it didn't make a lick of sense, but at least we finally got some boogeyman action.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #2091 on: April 01, 2010, 07:20:38 AM »

House of Fears (2007) - Friends decide to spend the night in a Funhouse but fun turns into horror when a African artifact starts to enhance each and everyone's deepest fears. Enjoyable indie-horror that not only looks like a real film but also comes with a old school vibe. Well done and entertaining but not perfect. 3.5/5

Small | Large
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2092 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »

XTRO (1983): A man mysteriously disappears for three years, then returns to the family he left behind changed.  A British undercover alien movie that seems pretty standard, despite some exploitation money scenes, until the dwarf clown shows up, conks the nanny on the head with a rubber hammer, wraps her in a cocoon and uses her to incubate alien eggs. It very much has a PHANTASM weird horror/sci-fi vibe about it, though it's not as interesting or iconic as Don Coscarelli's movie. 3.5/5, maybe 4/5 if you really like this sort of b-movie. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2093 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »

Case Closed: The Fourteenth Target: It was a good anime movie and great start into the month long journey through my anime movies.  I'm not going to say much, since that review has taken way too much of me, but this is a great movie.  If you are fan of the franchise, you must see this.  If you aren't, there is a bit of an opening that explains some of the backstory, so you be at least enlighted a bit about everything.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2094 on: April 01, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »

THE LAST UNICORN
The World's Last Unicorn(voiced by mia farrow) Searches For Other Unicorns To See If She Truly Is The Last , And On Her Journey Encounters An Evil King , A MAgician With Very Little Magic , And An evil Sorceress , The Movie Also Features The Voices Of Jeff Bridges(the guy from KING KONG 1976) And Angela Lansbury (the voice of the teapot in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST) And Christopher Lee (Dracula From The Hommer Horror Collection)

CASTLE OF THE WALKING DEAD
An Evil Count (christopher lee) Practiced In The Art Of Black Magic Is Executed And Comes Back 35 Years Later The Have His Revenge

THE LODGER
Alfred Hitchcock's First Movie , About A Serial Killer Walking The Streets Of London With A Thing For Blonde Haired Women
Jim H

« Reply #2095 on: April 01, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »

Just saw Gone With the Wind for the first time.  What's there to say about?  It's gorgeous, fantastically acted, and really long.  It's also incredibly depressing.  I'd compare it to repeatedly taking a bite out of your favorite food, only having it turn to ash in your mouth.  That's pretty much every character's experience for the entire film.  They all grab hold of their dreams only to find them burned away...  Gone with the wind, even?

9/10

I also saw Adaptation.  Great script, of course.  Great lead performance by Cage, great performance from Streep, and a deserved Oscar went to Chris Cooper.  Really good film.  I also liked its somewhat subtle self-satirizing elements. 

9/10

Jim H

« Reply #2096 on: April 01, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »

I just watched another movie!

Accident.  This is a 2009 released by Pou-Soi Cheang.  Some of you *might* know one of his previous films, Dog Bite Dog.  That's the only one to get a western DVD release, AFAIK. 

Accident is about a team of "accident choreographers".  Basically, they're assassins who make the kills look like accidents.  Pretty well-done, the hits you see.  But something goes wrong on one of them, and the leader of the team suspects another team of accident people is after them.  He becomes extremely paranoid.  And the rest of the movie happens.

Like a lot of Hong Kong movies, especially more recent ones, the second act is where the movie slows down too much.  It just drags on a bit.  It doesn't quite sink the rest of the movie, which is good, however.  Good performances, cool sequences, and very nicely shot.  I also liked the way this one ended.  Don't want to say anymore.

7/10.
3mnkids

« Reply #2097 on: April 01, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »

Accident.  This is a 2009 released by Pou-Soi Cheang.  Some of you *might* know one of his previous films, Dog Bite Dog.  That's the only one to get a western DVD release, AFAIK. 

Accident is about a team of "accident choreographers".  Basically, they're assassins who make the kills look like accidents.  Pretty well-done, the hits you see.  But something goes wrong on one of them, and the leader of the team suspects another team of accident people is after them.  He becomes extremely paranoid.  And the rest of the movie happens.

Like a lot of Hong Kong movies, especially more recent ones, the second act is where the movie slows down too much.  It just drags on a bit.  It doesn't quite sink the rest of the movie, which is good, however.  Good performances, cool sequences, and very nicely shot.  I also liked the way this one ended.  Don't want to say anymore.

7/10.

I watched this awhile back and absolutely loved it. I think I mentioned it here, maybe. I dont always post what I watch.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #2098 on: April 02, 2010, 04:47:29 AM »

7/10.

I watched this awhile back and absolutely loved it. I think I mentioned it here, maybe. I dont always post what I watch.

Oh yeah?  That's cool.  You see a lot of HK films?  If you haven't, and like Accident a lot, I'd suggest you check out more films from the Milkyway library.  The types of people that work on them seem similar, and visually they often have a lot in common.  And of course, Jonnie To is awesome. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkyway_Image#Filmography
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2099 on: April 02, 2010, 06:29:44 AM »

It's Alive!  (1969) - A couple (a complete a-hole and his boring wife) are on a cross-country trip, but they take a wrong turn, wind up on a dead end road, and they're out of gas.  They go to a nearby farmhouse for help, but unfortunately - there's always an "unfortunately" - the farmer is a psycho and he locks them in a cave.  There's also another boring guy who gets locked in with them.  You see, the farmer's discovered a monster that lives in the cave and these people are dinner.  The monster...you know the Sleestak's from Land of the lost?  Imagine something 5 times more stupid looking.  Anyhow, a-hole guy gets eaten.  Hooray!  Unfortunately, this leaves us with nothing but mind-numbingly boring characters.  There's also another woman that the lunatic farmer keeps as a prisoner.  She somehow manages to out-boring the other boring people.  She starts relating the story of how she was kidnapped by the farmer.  I'm thinking "This is going to be a couple of extremely boring minutes of expository dialog."  Oh no, this goes on for 20 minutes.  We get a flashback covering every excruciatingly dull moment of this woman's capture.  It's a montage of scenes with an occasional voice-over.  No dialog.  She's a teacher you see.  Teachers can't afford luxury hotels, or fancy things like credit cards.  Oh goooood this is boring.  The farmer locks her in a room.  He gives her a mouse to eat.  She's horrified.  He waits until she's asleep, then he blows a whistle in her ear!  Ah, the horror.  I just couldn't take take it any more.  I was bored out of my flippin' skull.  I could feel my will to live leaving my body.  I turned it off and started watching a show about how pickles are made.  1.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.