Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:46:55 PM
715285 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123719 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2115 on: April 03, 2010, 04:15:07 PM »

Bell from hell-Isn't it great when you can't hear anything?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2116 on: April 03, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »

Maximum Force (1992):

Three cops (Sam Jones, Sherrie Rose and Jason Lively) are forced to team up by their captain (John Saxon) to take down a powerful drug lord (Richard Lynch). The three main protagonists each bring something different to the table and all have their reasons for going after Max Tanabe (Lynch), living and training together until they are deemed ready to take action. The film is very well done for obviously having a low budget, looking like a C-grade made-for-TV-movie that is faking it as a serious hollywood blockbuster. The acting is solid, the action is great, but the story is a bit goofy (lots of clichés) and everything seems to take place at night. I bought this because Sherrie Rose is smoking hot and Richard Lynch is a consistent badass. I really enjoyed this movie. Plus, there's cameos from Mickey Rooney and Sonny Landham!

Serious movie rating: 5/10 
Bad movie rating: 15/10  Wink

Vik
« Reply #2117 on: April 03, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

American Gangster

Fantastic movie ! Great acting and directing, loved it 100%
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2118 on: April 03, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

The Ring (2002): A reporter (Naomi Watts) connects a mysterious videotape with a series of murders. Everyone who watches the tape has exactly seven days to live. Soon the reporter's world is turned upside down as those closest to her also watch the tape, including her young son.

This is basically a dumbed down version of the original Ringu (1998). This explains pretty much outright everything that film left to the viewer's imagination. IMO.  Still it does deliver some good chills and thrills and has some solid moments of outright horror even if some of them seem to owe a thing or two to other classics in the Horror genre (the big chair reveal brings to mind Psycho for one example). The stuff with the horses was an unexpected disturbing twist. *** out of *****

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2119 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:09 AM »

Private School (1983) - romance and shenanigans at college.  The bad girl (Betsy Russell) is trying to steal the boyfriend away from the good girl (Phoebe Cates).  Meanwhile, the boyfriend's two goofy buddies get into all sorts of misadventures in their quest for babes.  This was mildly amusing, the characters were likable, the babes were smokin' hot and it certainly had more than its share of nudity.  Oh, and an awesome '80s soundtrack!  4/5.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:09:16 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2120 on: April 04, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »

I loved Private School! saw it again after 25 years or so recently. Screwballs was great too
3mnkids

« Reply #2121 on: April 04, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »

Albino Farm~~ Typical dumb college kids meet inbred hillbillies and bad things happen. I actually liked it   TeddyR  The acting was good and it was entertaining. There is one scene with the inbred woman freaking out that had me LMAO.. Its worth a watch for that scene alone.  Thumbup

imurders~~ The movie starts off with a shooting involving a cheating husband, his wife and mistress... Fast forward to a group of people in a chat room who start getting ritualistically murdered. There were some recognizable faces in this.. Billy dee Williams, William Forsythe,Charles Durning... but the movie has a messy, convoluted plot,  several side stories that didn't fit in to the movie at all other than to confuse and throw people of the track of the real killer, it didn't work as I guessed in the first 30 minutes who the killer was, and the acting was terrible.

When it was over I thought to myself wtf did I just watch? How can anyone think this was a good movie? It only cost a buck to rent but I got screwed.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Vik
« Reply #2122 on: April 04, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »

Black Dynamite.

Just pure badass  BounceGiggle

Death Proof.

Wow. I absolutely love this movie. Great writing and directing, it's awesome
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:09:22 PM by Vik » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #2123 on: April 04, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »

High Life(2009)~ A group of addicts plan to rob a bank to support their habit....It does not go as planned.  This movie surprised me. The cast was great(Timothy Olyphant,Rossif Sutherland, Joe Anderson and Stephen Eric McIntyre) it was funny, unpredictable and had a great soundtrack   Smile    I will be adding this one to my collection.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2124 on: April 04, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »

Slaughter (2009) - A boring abused girl moves in with another boring abused girl, out on a farm.  They do absolutely nothing of interest for about an hour, after which I turned it off.  Apparently this is a horror movie?  I guess that part must have come later - I just saw a Lifetime movie of the week.  The director thought he was an artiste, so he washed all the color out of the brightly lit scenes.  This accomplished absolutely nothing except to make me say "What the hell's wrong with the color?" on about 5 occasions.  2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #2125 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »

Ponyo on the Cliff (2008)  I really did like it.  It's not my favourite Miyazaki film, but it's still pretty damn good.  I thought the plot was great, and the visuals were amazing.  Two things that usually don't go together, but do well in this film. Thumbup
Vik
« Reply #2126 on: April 05, 2010, 03:01:46 AM »

If you like british gangster flicks, DEFINETELY watch " Lock, stock and two smoking barrels " + " Snatch "

I've got them.  TeddyR   LS&2SB is fantastic but snatch.. oh my, I love that movie.   Smile   I have a shelf just for British movies. im a weirdo, I know. One I have been trying to get but not having much luck is Daylight Robbery... more of a crime movie than gangster but I love it.

I remember another one: In Bruges It's not quite like Snatch but it is quite awesome  TongueOut

The Demon Slayer

I bought this one on DVD for a dollar... Hmm weird movie. The cover was really deceiving and so is the title. I'l not sure what to think of it. I don't know if I like it, I should rewatch it.
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #2127 on: April 05, 2010, 03:28:12 AM »

Cherry 2000

I think there is no post apocalyptic movie that I can't enjoy, this one was f**king badass.
Vik
« Reply #2128 on: April 05, 2010, 05:04:32 AM »

The brain that wouldn't die
Epic. Awesome b-movie, one of my favourites I have seen so far. The monster in the closet at the end  Buggedout
4 Slimes, no doubt  Twirling
shahid74
New Visitor

« Reply #2129 on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:32 AM »

300: 300 is an entertaining movie. This is all about the action and it's Spartans. The movie takes about the first 30 minutes to give us plot development before the Spartans take it to the battlefield. The action is the key. The slow motion action is what really delivers. This is like a ballet of blood done so nicely. The action needless to say is satisfying. We are given lots of campy dialog and some good humor here and there that works. Gerard Butler is wonderful. He embodies the great king. Becomes him. The Last Word: 300 delivers what is was sent out to do. Action. Entertainment. Skin. Ignore the naysayers and enjoy. Excellent popcorn fun.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.