Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:34:53 AM
715340 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124438 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2175 on: April 12, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »

Cthulhu -well futuristic in the sense that it's artifical and contained with no signs of nature like sci fi scenerios sometimes are. Glad to hear about the ticket taking policy shift
Well, if you mean it that way, okay.
About the ticket policy (and in general): In Hungary, we don't do things that are "simple" or "efficient" or things that "make sense".
Well, at least the people who run stuff that concerns a lot of people don't.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2176 on: April 12, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »

lol we don't in the US either
3mnkids

« Reply #2177 on: April 12, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

The hangover~ Friends go to Vegas for a bachelor party..

Im soooo ashamed.  Bluesad  I liked it. I dont usually watch comedies and I hate stupid frat boy kinda comedies but I couldn't help myself, I laughed. Dont hate me.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Vik
« Reply #2178 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

The hangover~ Friends go to Vegas for a bachelor party..

Im soooo ashamed.  Bluesad  I liked it. I dont usually watch comedies and I hate stupid frat boy kinda comedies but I couldn't help myself, I laughed. Dont hate me.   TeddyR

All my friends say that movie is hilarious, haven't seen it though  Twirling

They Live

A fantastic alien movie, awesome directing by John Carpenter, definately check it out !!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2179 on: April 12, 2010, 02:35:45 PM »

They live is really one of the great b movies of all time.  whoever cast Roddy Piper was a genius. 
Vik
« Reply #2180 on: April 12, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »

Yes, it's definately one of te most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Awesome  Drink
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2181 on: April 12, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »

either put on these glasses or start eatin that trash can
Vik
« Reply #2182 on: April 12, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2183 on: April 12, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »

either put on these glasses or start eatin that trash can

Put the sunglasses on!!  BounceGiggle

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2184 on: April 12, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »

Yesterday I watched A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors (1987).

I would not describe it as being anywhere near perfect, but I still can't think of too much wrong with it.  My favorite in the series so far.  I give it 13 out of 13 stars.

I have a chance to meet Robert Englund in September and I think I will have him sign something (probably my DVD multipack of the first 4 NOES movies) with a quote from this movie:

Freddy Krueger: "I said, "Where's the f**king bourbon?"

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2185 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »

Commando: I just watched this with my dad and it was so action packed, cheesy, over the top, and bad that it was just plain awesome!  Great cheesy lines, things blowing up, and so much else that it has to be one of the best/amusing action films around.  Curiously enough, Die Hard I hear was suppose to be a sequel to this movie!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2186 on: April 13, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »

Star Odyssey (1979) - Aliens invade Earth, and a rag-tag team of screwballs is assembled to thwart their evil plans. It's Italian and it's from the '70s...need I say more?  It's like a skid row version of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.  Ten times as dumb on 1/10th the budget.  My favorite parts were where they inserted black and white stock footage into their color movie.  Or the scenes that were obviously out of order.  Or the camera flash unit that one guy was using as a ray gun.  Or the computer which was made out of 4X8 sheets of plywood.  It's kind of obvious because each panel is about 4' X 8'.  Acting was generally abysmal.  2.5/5. 

Andrew reviewed it over here:  http://www.badmovies.org/movies/starodyssey/

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2187 on: April 13, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »

As Far as My feet will carry me (2003) -  Kind of daunting to rent a 2 hour movie that you know is about a guy trekking across Siberia. I whined a little as I put it in "I should have gotten something LIGHTER" but it was really good. German soldier gets captured by the communinks and brought to Siberia. It's a german film and it goes to great lengths to compare the plight of the POW's to the jews in the camps: from the cattle cars, to the random shootings whenever it fancies the officers to the forced labor and so forth. Duly noted Germany. Except at this camp there are no guard towers because no one is dumb or crazy enough to escape into the frozen tundra untill our hero, Clemens Forell goes for it.

The film does a great job conveying the tedium of the journey while also keeping it interesting with him bumping into hunters, siberian eskimo people dn't know what they are called and fighting the elements while also attempting to get passed the various policed borders and one particularly persistent pursuer (this is based on a true story but some of this stuff seems invented or at least embellished, I have no idea)

One interesting scene is where he is helped by a jewish guy whose family perished in the holocaust. "We didn't know those things were going on" explains Forell "Yeah, I'm sure you would have dropped everything, shot your commanding officers and came and got us from the camps if you had" says the guy, who is pretty sanctimonius about helping him but then he's entitled to be you'd have to say considering what happened to his family, and now possibly getting himself in trouble with the KGB by helping an escaping German POW.

Amazing story, amazing movie. no real complaints 5/5

this clip shows the path of his 8,000 mile journey

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:38:13 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2188 on: April 13, 2010, 03:47:55 PM »

BASKET CASE (1981):  Duane checks into a fleabag Times Square hotel carrying a basket under his arm; inside is something about 1/4 the size of a normal person that eats about 4 times the hamburgers a normal person.  Beneath the pic's grubby exterior is a well-told tongue-in-cheek monster story with unexpectedly sympathetic characters; director Henenlotter nails the aesthetic of sleaze and keeps on the right side of the fine line between trash and crass. 4/5.

Yyyyyyes!!!!! Henenlotter and Basket Case rule!!!!! Has anyone seen the third one? I've seen 1 and 2, loved them both obviously.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2189 on: April 13, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »

Is Anybody There? (2008): Set in 1980s England, a crotchedly, ill-tempered old man named Clarence (Michael Caine), formerly a magician named the Amazing Clarence, reluctantly moves into an retirement home. There he befriends a strange ten year old boy named Edward (Bill Milner), the son of the retirement home owners who just haven't enough time to devote to him, who has adopted an obsession for ghosts he's so surrounded by death and morbidity. Clarence eventually teaches Edward the value of looking for and appreciating the living in life and not the dead.

At times, this works very well at portraying an unlikely friendship that provides companionship and understanding for two diverse but very lonely people - an old man full of regrets and a young boy just wanting to be heard, be loved and accepted (preferably by his parents). Caine is terrific as Clarence and Milner does well as Edward, the boy Clarence eventually chooses to pass on his magic tricks. It doesn't quite work as well in terms of magic and charm as one might like in some ways and isn't some sugary sweet film about kindly old folks. Clarence is crotchedly, regretful, emotionally high strung and ill-tempered throughout most of the film's running time. It is a more realistic style story that shows off mainly the value of living, even in old age. *** out of *****
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:40:57 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.