Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:07:45 PM
715375 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124993 times)
claws
« Reply #3030 on: December 02, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »

Inception (2010) Blu-ray (Region B)

Leonardo DiCaprio is dreaming, exploring his subconscious and bickering with memories. In Mission: Impossible mode. Original mind-f**k (and dare I say) "fantasy" with dazzling special effects. I barely dodged hype last summer, glad I went into this with a clean slate. 5/5
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3031 on: December 02, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

Eating Raoul (1982)

A nice, timid couple want to raise money for a resturant. They accidently kill a swinger who has lots of cash and decide that killing perverts might be a good way of making easy money. So they arrange to do sex fantasies for clients (who they then kill with a frying pan). A crook called Raoul enter the story and finds out whats going on. In exchange for keeping quiet, Raoul wants the bodies.

Of course, a handsome man like Raoul around this might cause troubles for the marriage.

This is very funny, very sweet natured stuff. Which involves murder and perverts.  TeddyR

4/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3032 on: December 03, 2010, 01:06:54 AM »

Some Like It Hot (1959): Running afoul of mobsters, musicians Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon must pose as women in a all-ladies band to avoid ending up in pine boxes. Along the way they meet fellow musician/singer Marilyn Monroe, who soon proves quite the temptation for both men. Can they fool everyone, avoid the mob, and will one of them be successful in wooing Marilyn despite being in drag?

This classic comedy is actually quite good. It's a fun little film that really seems to have its heart in the right place. It manages to be sweet, funny and pull at your heartstrings a little bit too. Marilyn is better than I expected performing a stunning Betty Boop song that should appeal to most men but also delivering believable facial expressions which manage to make her character surprisingly sympathetic throughout this film. Curtis & Lemmon are even better and despite being in drag throughout most of the film, both men seem to be having a blast. A good fun film but I think it might generally be just a little overrated. *** out of ***** stars

Skyrunners (2009): Nick & Tyler Burns (Kelly Blatz and Joey Pollari) are a pair of teenage brothers who stumble across a UFO. With it being pursued by government agents, they decide to hide it in their mother's garage. Eventually they discover the UFO is in reality a living being and it seemingly befriends them and takes them on exciting flights. However these trips have an unexpected impact on the younger brother Tyler giving him super abilities, speeding up his growth and giving him the power to read minds. Eventually an evil alien nasty looking shapeshifting critter tracks down Tyler and abducts him leaving it up to goofy, girl-chasing screwup older brother Nick to come to the rescue.

This plays in predictable Disney TV movie fashion. Overall this feels like a poor castoff cousin of Night of the Explorer mixed with some rather lame superheroics. The twist ending leaves things open for an unwanted sequel. There's very little to recommend it. It all feels like something we've seen done better elsewhere before. * out of ***** stars

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
3mnkids

« Reply #3033 on: December 03, 2010, 07:57:54 AM »

Mirrors 2~ I'd say it's as good as the first one    Smile  The scene in the beginning with the mirrors first victim was a little much for me. I had look away and mute it. 

The shower scene was odd to me...Her figure looked weird but I couldn't put my finger on why. Did anyone else think that?It was distracting.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3034 on: December 03, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »

Survival Island (2006) - Some rich people are out on a yacht, but it sinks and the only survivors are a woman and the dashing young cabin boy.  Doesn't take long before they've got a nice little Blue Lagoon thing going on their own tropical island, but then another  person washes up on shore - the woman's husband.  He's quite the jealous type and it doesn't take long at all before there's quite a feud going between him and the cabin boy.  The wife can't decide which side to choose.  By the end of the movie it's descended into total war.  This was really quite good.  The characters were very well developed and sympathetic.  Mostly.  They all behaved in a very immature manner, but I guess if they had been mature adults we wouldn't have had much of a movie.  And the woman...very easy on the eyes  TeddyR  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3035 on: December 03, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »

BIG MONEY RUSTLAS (2010):  Thought this might be good for a laugh; I was wrong!  It's a western comedy, but the gimmick is the stars are the guys from Insane Clown Posse, acting in face paint and ten gallon hats and speaking in hip-hop lingo.  That concept wears thin in about 5 minutes, and the rest of the jokes are pure corn.  You may like this if you like Troma comedies, but it has far less craziness and no nudity.  2/5 (and I think I'm being a little generous).     

FAWLTY TOWERS (THE COMPLETE SERIES) (1975/1979):  Snobbish, razor-tongued Basil Fawlty endures a shrewish wife and a series of self-caused misadventures while trying to attract a higher class of client to his seaside hotel.  This may be the best sitcom ever written; the verbal wit is fast, the farcical plots are brilliant, and there's even a significant amount of slapstick.  5/5.     

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3036 on: December 03, 2010, 03:12:52 PM »

Metal Skin (1994) - I saw Romper Stomper when I was in college. I didn't have a big interest in skinheads, they'd kind of had their day at least in the mainstream spotlight (remember Geraldo?)  by the mid 90's but the movie still kicked ass and was really just the typical movie a college kid would go see at a small theatre and be blown away by.

This is by the same guy and also follows a subculture, this time illegal drag racing. It's been a long time since I saw Romper Stomper so I can't draw that many comparisons but the women here are simlarly nihilisticly sexual and crazy though the whole thing isn't quite as over the top.  

The main character is 20 ish guy named Joe, sometimes called Psycho Joe by his enemies, who has some combination of Aspergers and just stupidity and lives a depressing existence with his Dad who has lost it and fires guns everywhere. He is really good with cars though, especially crazy drag racing ones with weird tubes in the engines and whatnot. Not so good with the girls and alot of this is his painful attempts to get with various of them. He meets up with a guy named Dazey who is the polar opposite, he pretty much bangs all the girls Psycho Joe wants. You hate him already right? Drag racing, cat food stealing and debouchery ensue.

While the ending was a little more anguished and the main character seemed a little bit too good looking to be playing this contant second fiddle to the other guy I have to say I haven't been this impressed with a movie in a while. It's pretty much everything you want out of a foreign film. Edgy in all the right places and the director shows real mastery, particularly in the first half, second half dragged just a little bit. This one girl being an out and out satan worshipper and doing all this weird stuff was a colorful touch.

4.75/ 5

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 12:32:04 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3037 on: December 03, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »

The Man Who Fell To Earth, it was not what I expected!

The cinematography, acting and visual style are great. But the story lags in some places...especially since its nearly half-way through the film that they tell you why David Bowie is on Earth.

The DVD and Blu-Ray are OOP.
claws
« Reply #3038 on: December 04, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »

1408: Extended Director's Cut (2007) (Blu-ray) (Region B)
- Why the Director's Cut was never released to Blu-ray in the U.S. remains a mystery. It's no mystery that the folded toilet paper continues to freak me out  Bluesad
One of the better based on Stephen King book movies. 4.5/5
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3039 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:21 PM »

A Muppets Christmas Carol (1992)

I'm sure you've all seen this.
Its wonderful. Great songs, humor, Christmas feeling. Fantasic.

4/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3040 on: December 04, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »

Last night I watched a French zombie film called MUTANT.  A lady doctor named Sophie and her boyfriend Marco are fleeing a zombie outbreak/apocalypse in an ambulance and wind up taking shelter in an abandoned hospital.  Sophie has been bitten but healed completely - she is apparently immune to the virus that transforms everyone else into undead mutant flesh-munchers.  But Marco is not, so when he gets bitten she tries infusing him with her blood to slow or stop his transformation.  Most of the movie is the pain and trauma as she watches him transform slowly into an undead mutant. But the drama kicks back in when four desperate survivalists crash into the hospital hoping to steal the ambulance and, of course, wind up letting a bunch of zombies in.  Will Marco retain enough of his humanity to save Sophie?  Will the army choppers get there in time to evacuate her?  Will any of the survivalists survive?

This was actually a pretty decent zombie movie with some new twists.  Definitely worth catching.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3041 on: December 04, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »

nightmare at something creek (1988)- the 80's weren't too kind to lindsey wagner. She was smoking hot as the bionic woman but here she looks like a gym teacher. was that rude? would it be more polite to say "this movie is veryLifetime-eque" ? it means the same thing. anyway, this is a largely mediocre made for tv movie about 3 women and one of their daughters who gets caught in a stand off with white power guys in the mountains. I have no idea why they were targetted. Tom Skerrit is the hero. His name is Ding or something and he and his nice dog are on the ladies team.

They go up the mountain on a tourist horse trip thing and get stuck and thats when the s**t for some reason hits the fan. They go through the motions of the thing, like an italian jungle movie with better pacing and no nudity or gore.. it wasn't techincally bad but I was relieved when it was over. It was just really alot like something that would be on tv that I wouldn't even watch,

2.5/5
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:19:03 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #3042 on: December 04, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »

BIG MONEY RUSTLAS (2010):  Thought this might be good for a laugh; I was wrong!  It's a western comedy, but the gimmick is the stars are the guys from Insane Clown Posse, acting in face paint and ten gallon hats and speaking in hip-hop lingo.  That concept wears thin in about 5 minutes, and the rest of the jokes are pure corn.  You may like this if you like Troma comedies, but it has far less craziness and no nudity.  2/5 (and I think I'm being a little generous).

We used to drink and watch BIG MONEY RUSTLAS a lot. it was so horrible because it was lingering on seriousness. I heard they tried putting more comedy into this and it was also terrible but not watchable terrible.

Watched about 6 minutes of Transylmania and shut it off. I just wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

John Hancock
3mnkids

« Reply #3043 on: December 04, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »

The city of lost children~ A crazy scientist kidnaps children for their dreams.

I really love this movie. It's weird, creepy, and dark, but beautiful(If ya like that sorta thing and I do)   Smile   

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3044 on: December 04, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »

The city of lost children~ A crazy scientist kidnaps children for their dreams.

I really love this movie. It's weird, creepy, and dark, but beautiful(If ya like that sorta thing and I do)   Smile   
Great movie! Very good! I thought I was the only one who ever seen this!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.