Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:37:50 PM
715280 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123711 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3045 on: December 04, 2010, 09:54:20 PM »

BIG MONEY RUSTLAS (2010):  Thought this might be good for a laugh; I was wrong!  It's a western comedy, but the gimmick is the stars are the guys from Insane Clown Posse, acting in face paint and ten gallon hats and speaking in hip-hop lingo.  That concept wears thin in about 5 minutes, and the rest of the jokes are pure corn.  You may like this if you like Troma comedies, but it has far less craziness and no nudity.  2/5 (and I think I'm being a little generous).

We used to drink and watch BIG MONEY RUSTLAS a lot. it was so horrible because it was lingering on seriousness. I heard they tried putting more comedy into this and it was also terrible but not watchable terrible.

You're thinking of BIG MONEY HUSTLAS, right?  This one has only been out for a month or so, and it's all comedy.  There's not a bit of seriousness in it (it would have been funnier if they tried to be serious!)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3046 on: December 04, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »

The city of lost children~ A crazy scientist kidnaps children for their dreams.

I really love this movie. It's weird, creepy, and dark, but beautiful(If ya like that sorta thing and I do)   Smile   
Great movie! Very good! I thought I was the only one who ever seen this!  Thumbup

I'm a HUGE fan.  Not at all surprised 3mnkids likes it, but I didn't think it'd be up your alley, RC.  Cool to see you like it too!

Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3047 on: December 05, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »

I really love this movie. It's weird, creepy, and dark, but beautiful(If ya like that sorta thing and I do)   Smile   
Great movie! Very good! I thought I was the only one who ever seen this!  Thumbup

I'm a HUGE fan.  Not at all surprised 3mnkids likes it, but I didn't think it'd be up your alley, RC.  Cool to see you like it too!

I keep hearing good things.  Is it really as good as everyone makes out? 

Ah, the good old days.
claws
« Reply #3048 on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:33 AM »

[Rec] 2 (2009) (Blu-Ray) (Region B)

Wow. I'm starting to like this new trend. Minimalistic Cam-Horror is so much more terrifying and entertaining than those overblown big budget remakes. [Rec] 2 continues with sick and slick thrills, spills of blood, jump scares and some of the best CGI shown on cam. But what helped matters was the excellent HD presentation. So much detail it was like looking through a microscope. 4.5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3049 on: December 05, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »

I keep hearing good things.  Is it really as good as everyone makes out? 

Depends on what you like.  It's a dreamlike fantasy with lots of crazy characters (brain in a jar, strongman, mad scientist, evil Siamese twins) and great production design.  People who don't like it find it too weird, pretentious, and confusing to follow.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3050 on: December 05, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »

VALHALLA RISING (2009): A mute, one-eyed slave escapes from his Viking captors and joins a group of Christians sailing to the Holy Land to join the Crusades.  Although it has the trappings of an adventure story (and plenty of gory violence), this is actually an arty religious allegory with obscure and confusing symbolism; not completely successful, but the beautiful cinematography (filmed in Scotland) and menacing score are immersive.  3/5. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3051 on: December 05, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »

claws- I haven't sen [rec]. I recently saw the Nameless, one of the directors earlier works and was unimpressed.

Also, while I'm here I'll just mention that I am halfway through a japanese horror movie about hair extentions that come to life and kill the people who wear them.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3052 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »

This weekend I watched TWILIGHT: ECLIPSE  (Yes, I have a 16 year old daughter!)  It was the best of the series so far, and the pitched battle between vampires and werewolves at the end was actually pretty cool - not to mention seeing the evil redheaded vampire Victoria get her comeuppance at the hands of Edward!  the Volturi are downright nasty - unlike the Cullens, they actually seem to ENJOY being vampires!

Later that night I watched a British zombie flick entitled DOGHOUSE - a group of obnoxious guys go to a small town in rural England to help a friend recuperate from his divorce, only to find that some bizarre military experiment has turned all the town's women into evil, flesh eating zombies!  Imagine SEAN OF THE DEAD with a mysoginistic twist and you've got it.  Best line of the whole film:  "Bloody h---, mate! This is no time to stop objectifying women!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3053 on: December 05, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »

This weekend I watched TWILIGHT: ECLIPSE  (Yes, I have a 16 year old daughter!) 

Sure you do, Indy, sure you do.   Wink

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3054 on: December 06, 2010, 08:04:33 AM »

Later that night I watched a British zombie flick entitled DOGHOUSE - a group of obnoxious guys go to a small town in rural England to help a friend recuperate from his divorce, only to find that some bizarre military experiment has turned all the town's women into evil, flesh eating zombies!  Imagine SEAN OF THE DEAD with a mysoginistic twist and you've got it.  Best line of the whole film:  "Bloody h---, mate! This is no time to stop objectifying women!"

Thumbup

One of my fave comedies !
I'm glad someone here has seen it.   Cheers

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3055 on: December 06, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »

My Name is Bruce- Extremely cheesy, but out of all the movies that are meant to be, this is TRULY the driving point of the movie. A quasi-autobiographical story about B-Movie star, Bruce Campell being abducted by a small town in Oregon in order to fight a recently re-summoned Chinese demon, Quan-di (God of War and Protector of Bean Curds). The washed up, a-hole antics of Campell alone make this worth watching. The gore is minimal, with a lazy decapitation theme and the effects are altogether are modest, but it works.

Visitor Q- Watched this right after, My Name is Bruce. Not what I'd call a compatible double feature, but a fun one.

I love Takashi Miike a little more with every film I see of his. This is a bizarre story of a disfunctional family and how they are brought back togoether by the antics of a stranger. To give you a a summarized list of the debauchery that takes place in the daily life of the family; The movie opens with a little father/daughter "bonding" (daughter's a prostitute), the son mercilessly beats his mother (lashing out, due to being bullied everyday), and the mother also sells her body in order to support a heroin addiction.

To give a summarized list of the ways the stranger helps; hits the dad in the head with rock...twice, uses reverse psychology on the son (so as not to beat his mother), introduces the mother to a lactation fetish, and seeimingly just beats some sense into the daughter.
All this and much more takes place in this disturbing little number, I implore you all to watch it for yourselves.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3056 on: December 06, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »

City of Ember.

For unknown reasons, the human race has to live in an underground for 200 years in city called Ember. There is a box that tells the mayor when time is up and they're allowed to go to the surface. This box got lost and so the inhaitabts continue to live underground while the city is slowly falling apart. Two kids find the box and put the pieces together to leave the city, having to deal with villians along the way...

Its a family, fantasy adventure, its a little underwritten, but I liked it.

3.5/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3057 on: December 06, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »

ecte: hair extentions (2007) - all the stuff with the hair extentions going into peoples ears and coming out their eyes and so forth was great but the rest of the movie was too much comedy and poor pacing. 3/5
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3058 on: December 06, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »

HORROR EXPRESS (1972): A paleontologist finds what he thinks to be the missing link in a Siberian mountain cave; he doesn't know his discovery has a little "something extra" embedded in its carcass, and digging it out of the ice and packing it onto a train unleashes all kinds of havoc. Starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, with guest appearance by Telly Savalas as Cossack Kojak!  How had I never seen this flick before? I hang my head in b-movie-lover shame.  7/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Couchtr26

« Reply #3059 on: December 07, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »

Depends on what you like.  It's a dreamlike fantasy with lots of crazy characters (brain in a jar, strongman, mad scientist, evil Siamese twins) and great production design.  People who don't like it find it too weird, pretentious, and confusing to follow.

Thank you, Rev. Powell.  I will have to track down a copy.  "Weird, pretentious and confusing", those tend to be a good indicator for something I enjoy. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.