Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:08:30 PM
715285 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123720 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3585 on: April 29, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »

I saw some of Beer on THIS tv. It's a very disposable comedy not worth seeing. The people who did the Attack of the Killer tomatoes series are involved. The not that hot older blonde from that rodney Dangerfield movie where he does the sick dives is in it. I turned it off when they told David Alan Grier to "be more black" so he started breakdancing and all this stuff. I'll probbaly finish it eventually.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3586 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »

The Beast of Yucca Flats- First time seeing this...WOW...I don't I have to explain it, but in a strange sense, I enjoyed it. Sort of in the same way one enjoys Manos. Then again, look what site I'm on.  Cheers
claws
« Reply #3587 on: April 30, 2011, 12:12:28 AM »

The Invasion (2007) Blu-ray

I really enjoy this more than I should. It is not the greatest movie ever made and probably the weakest of all "Body Snatcher" movies based on Jack Finney's novel. But I kind of dig those contemporary additions, and I have a soft spot for Nicole Kidman in genre movies. 4/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3588 on: April 30, 2011, 06:57:23 AM »

House of the Dead (2003) - Ewe Boll's, um...movie.  I was having a few beers while watching this and it basically made me dizzy.  Tons and tons of freeze frame stuff as the camera spins around and around and around.  Little bits of video game footage sprinkled throughout, for reasons no one can guess.  Flashbacks that are like the previous hour of the movie ran past you at fast-forward speed.  I think it was edited together by someone who had to go to the bathroom really, really bad.  I can only guess that Ewe was aiming this at the 8 - 12 year old demographic?  It's just a masterpiece of idiocy.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3589 on: April 30, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »

Ski School (1991)- This was an extra dumb but ultimately pretty entertaining 80's style but early 90's ski ploitation movie. I got it confused with Hot Dog the movie and I was disappointed I didn't see the guy who goes "I'm gonna do a kick ass blaster".

Two annoying, similar looking guys are the head the "partying" ski team. The other team are the jock-y normal team. It's like revenge of the nerds, animal house etc. There are some topless babes, not particularly clever pranks and a contest at the end.

The two guys are pretty irritating but there is enough general absurdity and off the cuff joking " it's not how far we go, its how go we far!" to make it stupidly okay.

3.75/5
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:34:04 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3590 on: April 30, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »

MST3K: BRIDE OF THE MONSTER:  A very good episode (some fans think great).  Starts off with the first part of an excellent short, "Hired" (can you believe they once sold Chevrolets door-to-door?) which is continued in the next episode (MANOS).  Everyone should know the movie: Bela Lugosi, Tor Johnson, and an octopus, what else do you need for a good time?  Host segments include Crow's disturbing dream, "Hired!" the musical, a peek at what the world would be like if there were no advertising, and a new edit of BRIDE'S climax with Joel and the bots providing Bela's reaction shots.  This was my first time seeing this, somehow I missed it during the show's original run.  A 3.5/5 for now, but it might grow on me.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3591 on: May 01, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »

[REC] (2007) - A reporter and her cameraman are doing a show about the daily lives of firefighters.  They hang around the station for a while, doing interviews, but then a call comes in and they're off to help a woman at an apartment building.  When they arrive, much to their surprise, a zombie outbreak is just getting started. I really liked this.  It's all filmed on a handheld (and very shaky) camera, but at this point I guess I'm somewhat immune to the annoyance that can cause.  The characters are great - very believable and with plenty of personality.  The action moves along at a frantic pace, and it really made me feel like I was part of the situation, experiencing the stress and confusion right along with the characters.  Oh and Manuela Velasco, who plays the main character, is so hot it's positively sinful   TeddyR  5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3592 on: May 01, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »

Heaven (1998)

Architect is drawn into the shady world of a strip club owner thanks to his gambling addiction. More trouble arise when his ex-wife is trying to gain custody of their son. Things get more complicated and even dangerous when the strip club's exotic dancer Heaven - blessed with the gift of seeing the future - predicts violence and death.
Unusual but engaging story line in a movie that defies genre categorizing. Heaven is a little known gem with enough twists and turns to keep one guessing to the very end. Simply brilliant. 5/5
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3593 on: May 01, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »

jack- have you seen the americanized one? I agree on [rec] and the girl especially.

claws- wow the reviews for Heaven are really mixed. some 5, some 1 stars. I'm gonna have to check it out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:01:21 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3594 on: May 01, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »

DEAD AWAKE (2010):  Things turn strange for a morbid funeral director's assistant obsessed with an accident in the past when two women suddenly enter his life: his high school ex-girlfriend, and a crackhead who believes he is her guardian angel.  This intended psychological thriller is more interesting as a drama for the first two thirds, but blows everything in the final act with a "you gotta be kidding me" ending.  Side note: Rose McGowan is looking very rough here; appropriate for her role as a strung-out junkie, but some people are saying her look is the result of bad plastic surgery.  2/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3595 on: May 01, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »

Agnes of God (1985) - This was hard to psych myself up to watch, it appeared sort of drab and lifetimey but I am really glad I finally did. It's really an incredible movie.  kinda the Magdelene Sisters meets The Name of the Rose: drama/ mystery with religous setting and issues of faith and religous authorities misuse of power.

Meg Tilly is Agnes, a young nun who's lived in a convent most of her life and while eccentric and possibly mentally unstable, appears to have taken to the lifestyle to the point of contentment. This, however,  is established AFTER the movies opening of her having a very difficult (and obviously not normal/ expected) childbirth at the convent and the subsequent revelation that infanticide may have occured. No one can figure out what happened and there is a back and forth battle between Jane Fonda, the psychiatrist tasked with analysing Agnes and Anne Bancroft, the protective Mother Superior who's torn between a desire to help Agnes and the need to protect the church and so forth.

Some people might find elements of all this a little on the edgy side but well, when you mix sex, nuns and murder you can't expect a waltz in the park. While it's not actually all that "lifetimey" it does feature quite a bit of dialogue of Fonda and Bancroft talking and Fonda and Tilly and the pacing in general is different than they would likely do it today. I paused it to watch Ninja Warrior a couple times and did watch it in the morning so I mean not to give you a play by play of my viewing experice here just sufficet to say the time doesn't fly by but it's not a drag either. It's regular length 90 or so minutes.

I was very impressed by it and the decisions of the author and the director to really capture the profundity of the whole case. blown away actually.

5/5
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:31:03 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #3596 on: May 01, 2011, 01:46:25 PM »

claws- wow the reviews for Heaven are really mixed. some 5, some 1 stars. I'm gonna have to check it out.

I've been trying to get people interested in Heaven ever since I bought the DVD back in 1999, with little or no luck.
Even though I think the movie had more impact back then, but it still holds up these days.
Such a shame this never got a decent release. The DVD is non-anamorphic letterboxed, with no extras :/
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3597 on: May 01, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »

MST3K: BRIDE OF THE MONSTER:  A very good episode (some fans think great).  Starts off with the first part of an excellent short, "Hired" (can you believe they once sold Chevrolets door-to-door?) which is continued in the next episode (MANOS).  Everyone should know the movie: Bela Lugosi, Tor Johnson, and an octopus, what else do you need for a good time?  Host segments include Crow's disturbing dream, "Hired!" the musical, a peek at what the world would be like if there were no advertising, and a new edit of BRIDE'S climax with Joel and the bots providing Bela's reaction shots.  This was my first time seeing this, somehow I missed it during the show's original run.  A 3.5/5 for now, but it might grow on me.   

I think I'm in the minority but I found the non-MST3K version better as the plot makes more sense, at least to me. You don't have random people showing up and wondering how they got there. Additionally, I think more people die via inanimate octopus too if I remember correctly.  Thumbup

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3598 on: May 01, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »

jack- have you seen the americanized one? I agree on [rec] and the girl especially.

I saw Quarantine a while back, actually I just ordered it on Blu ray this morning so I'll probably be giving a little summary when I watch it.  I think it was extremely similar to [REC], but I don't remember liking it as much. 

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3599 on: May 01, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »

in the trailer for quarantine I recognized a scene from [rec]. It appeared to be a VERY close remake but I haven't seen it.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.