Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:11:02 PM
715371 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124650 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4035 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:17 AM »

^ Oh man, I could have watched those shoes forever    TeddyR  Loved the opening credits:  "Produced by:  Name withheld by request".   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Vik
« Reply #4036 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:58 AM »

Alien
Classic  Thumbup
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4037 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:50 AM »

JUDAS KISS (2011): A failed filmmaker goes back in time to help a younger version of himself make better choices.  Competently and sincerely made, aimed at the gay audience, but the "dark secrets" the script uncovers are laughably mundane and the total effect is to make the viewer say "so what"?  1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4038 on: August 19, 2011, 05:22:49 PM »

May (2002)-Weird movie, but I enjoyed it.
Rev., I understand that you have it in the pipeline.
I'm interested in what you have to say about it.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4039 on: August 19, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »

Well, that will be a first!  BounceGiggle

At my current review rate, I MAY get to it by MAY 2013!

Cthulhu

« Reply #4040 on: August 19, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »

May the force be with you. Wink
I'm pretty sure you saw weirder movies, but still.
Also, I'm anxiously waiting for your review of Dororo.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4041 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

ASSIGNMENT: OUTER SPACE (1960): A reporter goes aboard a space station to write a routine piece, but when an out-of-control space station threatens the Earth he's forced to take an active role in its destruction.  It's an Italian attempt at a serious space fiction story (no little green men), but it's undone by a slow, spotty script and effects that consist of toy spaceships in front of a black curtain with holes punched in it.  2/5.

PINK FLOYD THE WALL (1982):  The story of a depressed, self-loathing rock star, told as a long, grandiose, surrealistic movie video.  Roger Waters lyrics for "The Wall" are whiny, pretentious, muddled, and occasionally brilliant, which could be said of this entire production: it's uneven but there are indelible grotesque moments, and it's hard to take your eyes off the screen.  Gerald Scarfe's brilliant, nightmarish animations---birds turning into warplanes, flowers mating and eating each other, marching fascist hammers---are the high point. 4/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4042 on: August 21, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »

Last thing I saw was "X2: X-Men United" (2003)

I borrowed this and the third X-Men flick ("The Last Stand") from the library this week. I own the first film and the Wolverine "Origins" movie, but to the best of my knowledge I've only seen bits and pieces of the 2nd film and have never seen the third one at all. So I'm getting caught up.

Anyway, in "X2" the merry Marvel mutants are tangling with Magneto again, as well as with a rogue Government scientist who wants to do away with Mutantkind once and for all. A vast improvement over the semi-cheap looking first movie, "X2" has better effects, gives Halle Berry more to do as Storm, deepens the mystery surrounding Wolverine's past, and in short, kicks way more ass than the original.

I've heard that the 3rd movie is a huge letdown (due mainly to Bryan Singer leaving the series in the hands of -- gag -- Brett Ratner) but I'm told there's an appearance by some Sentinels in it, so how bad could it possibly be? Guess I'll find out tonight.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #4043 on: August 21, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

Weekend viewings:

Sorority Row (2009) Blu-ray

Based on the script "7 Sisters" which was made into The House on Sorority Row back in 1983. This updated version is nothing like the 1983 slasher. It resembles more "I Know What You Did Last Summer" with hot and b***hy sorority sisters, electronic dance music and slick production values. However, Sorority Row is a winner thanks to campy and dumb dialogue. Fun times. 4/5

The House of the Devil (2009) Blu-ray

5/5

Carriers (2009) Blu-ray (Region B)

Well made "Infected" thriller. The German Blu-ray contains the original R-Rated version. 4/5

Cabin Fever: Director's Cut (2002) Blu-ray

What can I say, I love this movie even more on Blu-ray. 5/5
Couchtr26

« Reply #4044 on: August 21, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Invaders of the Lost Gold (1982) - Pretty terrible Italian (I think) movie about lost Japanese gold in the Philippines. 

Ah, the good old days.
Vik
« Reply #4045 on: August 21, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »

Aliens
Pretty epic  Thumbup Some of it is like Avatar in reverse, only this is actually not retarded. Very rewatchable movie too.
claws
« Reply #4046 on: August 22, 2011, 07:26:49 AM »

Halloween II (2009) Blu-ray

Rob Zombie's twisted violent sequel takes dark and disturbing turns into madness. Unique and original. I guess people hated it because it wasn't the glossy predictable save-bet follow up as expected.
Very old school. 5/5
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:39:53 AM by claws » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4047 on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

Mega-Shark vs. Crocosaurus (2010)

The long awaited follow up to "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" finally arrives, without Debbie Gibson (dang). But we do get Jaleel "Steve Urkel" White as a Navy shark expert who's pressed into service with an elite monster-hunting force when a Megalodon and a giant prehistoric crocodile start battling to become King of the Oceans.

It's an Asylum film, nuff said. Acting is negligible, the story was apparently made up as the filmmakers went along, the special effects are laughable. You either love these kinda movies or you hate'em. I dig'em. Giant Monsters bring out my inner 8 year old.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4048 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »

Xanadu: The plot was somewhere, I know it!  But I do not know where it was.  Anyhow, forgettable acting, unique art direction, music that varied, a plot that was somewhere, and much more combined to make the second worst musical I have ever seen.  Yet, I didn't hate it and was enjoying myself due to its silly and crazy nature.  I would have to give it a 2 out of 4 for me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4049 on: August 22, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »

May the force be with you. Wink
I'm pretty sure you saw weirder movies, but still.
Also, I'm anxiously waiting for your review of Dororo.

I watched it a few months ago, and I think I posted on it here. I liked it. Satisfyingly weird, but you're right, there are weirder. I normally appreciate slow-developing films, but this was a bit too slow. Not really too slow, necessarily, just not enough, and I'm not exactly sure what I mean by that. However, I forgave that immediately when it came to the wonderfully disturbing ending. A good one, I thought. It's got it's pacing problems, but they area small issue.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.