Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:23:48 PM
715280 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123710 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4050 on: August 22, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »

May (2002)-Weird movie, but I enjoyed it.
Rev., I understand that you have it in the pipeline.
I'm interested in what you have to say about it.

Well, that will be a first!  BounceGiggle

At my current review rate, I MAY get to it by MAY 2013!

May the force be with you. Wink
I'm pretty sure you saw weirder movies, but still.
Also, I'm anxiously waiting for your review of Dororo.

I watched it a few months ago, and I think I posted on it here. I liked it. Satisfyingly weird, but you're right, there are weirder. I normally appreciate slow-developing films, but this was a bit too slow. Not really too slow, necessarily, just not enough, and I'm not exactly sure what I mean by that. However, I forgave that immediately when it came to the wonderfully disturbing ending. A good one, I thought. It's got it's pacing problems, but they area small issue.

Oh, I really liked the slowness.
It felt like a character piece before it went all horror movie on us.

It really made me feel for the character even of she was a little weird, plus I liked the ending.  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4051 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:07 AM »

Rumpelstiltskin (1995) - The nasty little guy from the fairly tale comes to life and he wants to steal a baby.  The kid's mother has other plans;  eventually talking to a witch and figuring out how to defeat ol' Mr. 'Rump.  This was your regular cheeseball thing with a wisecracking little devil of a villain.  He was actually quite amusing while still pulling off a "scary" character.  The lead actress was vaguely likable as well.  Too many closeups of "cute" babies for my tastes though.  3/5.

Far Cry (2008) - another movie from the genius himself, Uwe Boll.  TeddyR  This is a sort of Universal Soldier ripoff, with an evil scientist performing experiments on soldiers to turn them into unstoppable killing machines.  The niece of one of the soldiers, played by Emmanuelle Vaugier, comes looking for her uncle and meets up with a boat captain who, surprise surprise, happens to be an ex-special forces guy.  He starts going through bad guys like Ahnold in Commando.  The movie is very tongue-in-cheek, and actually fairly amusing.  There's a comedy relief character who didn't annoy me -  I can't remember the last time that's happened.  Quite an enjoyable bit of fluff in my opinion.  Thumbup  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4052 on: August 23, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »

X-Men: The Last Stand

The X-Men "trilogy" comes to a close, with Magneto still bein' a pain in the X-Men's collective ass. This time he's declaring war on humanity after a controversial "cure" for mutation is developed.

Meanwhile, Jean Grey has gone all batsh*t crazy on us and become Dark Phoenix, eventually going over to Magneto's side just in time for the big-ass showdown between the good guys and the bad guys.

A lot of fans seemed to dislike this flick but I enjoyed it. Possibly because it's been nearly 20 years since I read an X-Men comic, therefore I have been away from the source for so long that I wouldn't know how many "liberties" the filmmakers took (and I'm sure there were many).

I will say whoever decided to cast Kelsey ("Frasier") Crane as Hank Pym, aka The Beast, was a genius. I swear whenever I read Marvel comics as a kid, I always pictured The Beast's voice/mannerisms sounding just like him.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Vik
« Reply #4053 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »

Fright Night
Fun 80s horror flick, just pure entertainment.  Thumbup
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4054 on: August 23, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »

Tentacles (1977).  Really lame Italian flick with American actors cashing in paychecks.  Giant octopus on the loose.  May have held more interest if there was any blood in it, but nary a drop.  John Huston and Shelly Winters slum through this garbage playing brother and sister (!) and some of the lamest synth I ever heard heralds the arrival of Mr. Eight Arms.  Boring.  Also stars Henry Fonda and Claude Akins.. why, guys?  Why?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4055 on: August 25, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »

Manos: The Hands of the Fate. One of the best bad movies ever made. It gets better each and everytime I see it. 5 out of 5 stars.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Vik
« Reply #4056 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:08 AM »

The Prowler
Good 80s slasher film.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4057 on: August 25, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »

ZAZIE DANS LE METRO (1960): Zazie goes to Paris and stays with her exotic dancer uncle (really!); the only thing she wants to see is the Metro, but the workers are on strike, so she explores the city instead.  An utterly absurd comedy full of editing tricks, nonsense wordplay, and bizarre incidents (when they climb the Eiffel Tower they find a sea captain and a polar bear on top).  If you could somehow cross-breed Charlie Chaplin and Luis Bunuel, this is the movie the mutant hybrid would direct.  3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4058 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

Tonight: "Priest" (2011)
Picked this up from RedBox tonight as a free rental (they were out of "Quarantine 2," which I really wanted to see dammit...) Wasn't sure what to expect but this horror/sci-fi/action mish mash is some crazy, hyper violent fun. If you can imagine a Catholic "Blade" battling vampires in a cyberpunk Western setting, with a hint of "Alien" for good measure, you're in the ballpark. Weird but cool.

claws
« Reply #4059 on: August 26, 2011, 06:19:29 AM »

Stir of Echoes: The Homecoming (2007) Blu-ray (Region B)

Soldier returns home from Iraq and must face a new kind of horror.
Well thought-out plot, not always convincing execution. Could have been much better in the right hands I guess, but as it is: a tiny step above average. 3/5
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4060 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »

my favorite adaptation of a videogame to a movie

it wasn't totally turned into crap like most adaptations of that nature - they stayed true to the source material

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4061 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »

Highway To Hell (1992): Utterly horrible, nonsensical, and just plain weird movie where nothing seems to happen for any discernible reason.  Young newlyweds passing through a weird town run afoul of a weird cop from hell that abducts the wife, and the groom has a limited amount of time to save her before a mechanic/Satan takes her for his bride.  I'm serious; this movie tries to be weird for no reason at all NON-STOP, throughout the film.  It just doesn't work at all.  One of the worst, most painful movies I can remember seeing.  I really, really deserve a medal for sitting all the way through it.  Sort of a younger couple version of Nothing But Trouble.. but actually WORSE!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4062 on: August 26, 2011, 10:22:39 PM »

"Quarantine 2: Terminal" (2011)

Small | Large

That pesky virus that turned everyone in an apartment building into rabid killers in the first "Quarantine" has made it onto an airplane, necessitating an emergency landing and then a lockdown of the plane's passengers in the terminal building. The usual mayhem ensues. Nothing you haven't seen before but still, a decent night's infected zombie fun.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4063 on: August 27, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »

Deathstalker (1983) - Sort of like Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon, except as an uber-cheesy sword and sorcery flick.  Back in medieval times, A guy named Deathstalker (and people complain about parents giving their kids weird names  TeddyR ) sets out to win some fighting tournament, and save the princess and defeat the forces of evil.  Except he's really not all that good of a guy - when we first meet him he kills a guy just so he can rape his slave girl.  Oh well, he's the best hero we've got I guess.  The movie wasn't a comedy really, it was just extremely silly;  you couldn't tell where the unintentional goofiness ended and the intentional stuff began.  Lana Clarkson spent most of the movie not noticing that her shirt was wide open, and for that matter, most of the babes in this movie weren't the least bit shy.  Ah, a good time was had by all   TeddyR  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4064 on: August 27, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »

Deathstalker (1983) - Sort of like Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon, except as an uber-cheesy sword and sorcery flick.  Back in medieval times, A guy named Deathstalker (and people complain about parents giving their kids weird names  TeddyR ) sets out to win some fighting tournament, and save the princess and defeat the forces of evil.  Except he's really not all that good of a guy - when we first meet him he kills a guy just so he can rape his slave girl.  Oh well, he's the best hero we've got I guess.  The movie wasn't a comedy really, it was just extremely silly;  you couldn't tell where the unintentional goofiness ended and the intentional stuff began.  Lana Clarkson spent most of the movie not noticing that her shirt was wide open, and for that matter, most of the babes in this movie weren't the least bit shy.  Ah, a good time was had by all   TeddyR  4/5.

This is a definite guilty pleasure movie.  Did you see it as part of "Roger Corman's Cult Classics Sword and Sorcery Collection," by any chance?  I'm eying that one.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.