Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:59:38 AM
715339 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124428 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8160 on: November 10, 2014, 02:44:29 AM »

A group of post-apocalyptic military deserters (including Linnea Quigley who can't seem to keep her clothes on)

How is that a problem, Jack?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8161 on: November 10, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »

Last night I watched a wonderfully bad cheese fest called THE DINOSAUR EXPERIMENT.
Set in a small town in West Texas, it describes how a group of young people all run out of gas in a small town called Fossil Ridge, where an eccentric doctor is creating carnivorous dinosaurs.  This thing was bad on SO many levels!

First of all, the small town Texas folk were obviously designed by someone whose sole experience of Texas was watching old Westerns and reading the Huffington Post.  Ignorant, racist, sexist, dirty, creepy redneck jerks, every one of them.  As a Texan, I would have been offended had they not been so badly acted.

Secondly, the college kids - holy cow, this bunch was the most unlikable bit of slasher fodder I have ever run across anywhere.  I could not wait to see them get eaten or stomped on!

Third, the two douchy FBI agents who show up to investigate a mysterious death - then sleep through all the action, only to show up for the movie's final scene!

Last of all, the CGI - it was a bit better than some SYFY originals, but not by much.  These were some goofy looking dinosaurs!

In short, this was everything a B movie should be (other than no nudity).  HIGHLY recommended, although it might be more fun to watch while drunk.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8162 on: November 10, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »

A group of post-apocalyptic military deserters (including Linnea Quigley who can't seem to keep her clothes on)

How is that a problem, Jack?  Wink

Oh I didn't mean to insinuate that was a problem, quite the contrary  BounceGiggle

Retroactive (1997) - a woman is driving through Texas and after some car trouble, gets a ride from a psycho James Belushi. He ends up killing his wife and chasing our main character through the desert, but she manages to take shelter in a research facility. A facility where they're experimenting with time travel, and she gets sent back 20 minutes to when she first met Belushi. She tries to make the situation better, but only ends up making it worse; maybe with another try or two with the time machine she might finally be able to straighten things out? This was fun, Belushi steals the show but the lead actress does a good job too. Nice plot with a dark sense of humor to it. 4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8163 on: November 10, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »

I watched the Christian themed film Six: The Mark Unleashed (2004) over the weekend - not bad and quite action filled too. Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Eric Roberts star. As I said, not bad.  Thumbup*

* I should just add that the chief baddie in that is in serious need of some hair and some sun.  Buggedout

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8164 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »

LA DOLCE VITA (1960): Marcello, a writer who has been seduced into celebrity journalism and a world of endless parties and women, gradually discovers the emptiness of his life. More than just a critique of a particular hedonistic lifestyle, LA DOLCE VITA argues that it is impossible to be happy in a modern world where the old constructs that gave Western civilization meaning have been flown away by helicopter and replaced with human celebrity icons. Fellini meticulously cuts off every avenue of escape from meaninglessness--pleasure, religion, even art--to produce one of the bleakest movies ever made. 5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8165 on: November 10, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »

B***h Slap - 10 times as much teasing and 1/10 as much nudity, that's the modern exploitation film for ya. Xena alum at the helm for this "badass" Tarantino inspired camp fest. It starts off pretty clunky but ends up being okay if blue ballsing. I liked especially when the one lesbian one takes some sort of drug and says crazy stuff. The Asian character was directly taken from Kill Bill.

Worth seeing for sure, but I think if they'd tried something more along the lines of Hot Ticket to Hawaii or even Drive Angry it would have been more of an all around success. What do a bunch of theater nerds know about grind house sleaze? 3.75/5
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:44:30 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8166 on: November 10, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »

"Red Line" (2013)
RED LINE Official Trailer

A low budget thriller that revolves around a terrorist bombing in the Los Angeles subway system. While waiting for rescue, a small group of survivors must deal with the fact that the bomber may still be among them. Pretty average stuff; I've seen better, but I've seen lots worse.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8167 on: November 11, 2014, 02:04:03 AM »

How is that a problem, Jack?  Wink

Oh I didn't mean to insinuate that was a problem, quite the contrary  BounceGiggle

Retroactive (1997) - a woman is driving through Texas and after some car trouble, gets a ride from a psycho James Belushi. He ends up killing his wife and chasing our main character through the desert, but she manages to take shelter in a research facility. A facility where they're experimenting with time travel, and she gets sent back 20 minutes to when she first met Belushi. She tries to make the situation better, but only ends up making it worse; maybe with another try or two with the time machine she might finally be able to straighten things out? This was fun, Belushi steals the show but the lead actress does a good job too. Nice plot with a dark sense of humor to it. 4/5.

That was very good indeed: I think the actress is Kylie Travis.  Smile

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8168 on: November 11, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »

Bad Channels (1992) - an alien takes over a radio station and Full Moon silliness ensues. This was mildly amusing, heavy on the "mild". Former MTV VJ Martha Quinn plays a TV reporter, that's pretty much the only thing of note about it. Totally depends on your sense of humor I suppose, but this didn't do much for me. 2.5/5.

Orloff Against the Invisible Dead (1970) - a doctor travels to a castle because he's been told someone needs his help. He meets Orloff's daughter who tells him that an invisible man is lurking about the premises, then he meets the evil Dr. Orloff who relates the story of how a man tried to steal his daughter's jewelry and he also stabbed her - that was a really bad idea. Anyhow things eventually come to a head and it's up to our good doctor rescue the daughter from her father's evil clutches. One of those movies where I watched it for an hour, put it on pause, and was amazed to see there was only 15 minutes left because virtually nothing had happened up to that point. The ending was pretty good though. Plenty of full frontal nudity in this, that's for sure. Really nice Gothic setting too I guess. 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8169 on: November 11, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »

Rewatched NINJA CHAMPION, still think it's the best Godfrey Ho cut-n-paste movie I've seen because the dialogue in the original movie is so hilarious ("not the wine! My nipples, you jerk!") Maybe a 4/5 for bad movie fans?

2nd half of my Ho double feature:

NINJA: THE PROTECTOR (1986): A male model discovers his bosses are gangsters, while in another vaguely connected plotline Interpol agents battle a ninja cult. Typical Godfrey Ho cut-n-paste disaster that tries to work a ninja angle into an older kung fu movie by incorporating newly shot footage, with nearly nonsensical results. Jackie Chan briefly appears as a non-featured fighter in a fight scene. 1.5/5.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:55:10 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8170 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »

"Blood and Chocolate" (2007)
Blood and Chocolate trailer

A gothic/horror/romance set in Bucharest, Romania about a female werewolf who breaks away from her "pack" when she falls for a puny human. Her fellow wolves, naturally, don't take kindly to her betrayal. Stylish flick with some nice European scenery but a little too "Twilight-y" for me.

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #8171 on: November 12, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »

Se7en. I rewatched it last night, and I enjoyed it more than the first two times I've watched it. The ending was brilliant. I know this isn't covering any new ground, but it really hit me this time for some reason.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8172 on: November 12, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »

"The Taking Of Deborah Logan" (2014)

The Taking of Deborah Logan Official Trailer #2 (2014) - Horror Movie HD

Surprisingly effective faux-documentary horror flick shot in "hand-held" style, which usually irritates the crap out of me. A grad student is filming an alzheimers patient's struggle with the disease as part of her senior thesis, but as the symptoms progress and events begin heading in disturbing new directions, it appears that there may be something supernatural at work within the woman as well. My wife picked this flick and though I b***hed at first about the "Blair Witch" POV style, I'll admit I got drawn in quickly and even jumped a few times...which I rarely, if ever, do.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8173 on: November 12, 2014, 02:18:12 PM »

Godzilla (2014): Giant monsters somehow kept secrets for dozens of years suddenly awaken and wreak havoc on the world.

This film was very true in spirit to its predecessors and I have to say I rather enjoyed it more than I expected to. It is a tad slow and lacking in action for the first half of the film but it does build an interesting mystery surrounding an astonishing secret that eventually becomes worldwide knowledge when giant monsters attack Honolulu. I liked the epic feel to the film and the final monsters showdown does deliver the goods I felt. Of course at times things in this film more closely remind me of other giant monster film series especially as it relates to the monsters being drawn to radioactive energy sources (Gammera the Invincible and Yongary both used that plot element in the past, probably a few other flicks as well). The villains here does feel a tad more like Gamera villains to me but getting past that, this was quite entertaining and it definitely felt like a Godzilla movie, something I can't say the same for the American 1998 film. Biggest problem here was there was too much focus on uninteresting human characters and not enough monster stomping footage. Still this enjoyable escapist fare with some larger than life monsters the star of which was Godzilla. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8174 on: November 12, 2014, 09:04:55 PM »

"The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992)

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) Original Trailer

...yeah, the Christmas movies are turning up on Netflix already; my kids asked me to watch this with them. :D

Anyway, Kermit, Fozzy, Gonzo and the gang's version of the Charles Dickens holiday classic is actually quite faithful to the source material (aside from some added Muppet-y sight gags), with a great turn by Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge. This may actually be one of the better film versions of it that I've seen!

Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.