Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:37:35 PM
715277 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 6375 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 05, 2019, 12:45:16 PM »

Not gonna lie, I have no clue why I like the movie The Boondock Saints. I think I was mostly just pressured into liking it by my dad and sister.
It meets several criteria for being a bad movie so I don't really know what I enjoyed it.

Anyone else have a movie like that?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »

CON AIR. I't a pretty stupid run of the mill action movie. But every time I see it's gonna be on TV, I watch it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »

I tend to thoroughly enjoy movies like WILD WILD WEST, BAD BOYS, THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, and other stuff that are generally hated, particularly by the "critics". I do know why I like those movies tho: they're simply entertaining, which is my main reason to watch films.

My favorite film of all times is WARCRAFT, for many reasons, and it has a 32 metascore in IMDb. Go figure. For many, this would be my guiltier pleasure.  TeddyR

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »

Battle beyond the stars. Yeah,  star wars ripoff. Cybil Dannings..... everything. A ship with a massive pair of b3wbz.

Plus I kinda liked Robert vaughn's character.

Lifeforce.  I'm straight. Sue me.

Galaxy of terror. OK, I admit the giant maggot deathrape scene was a bit too much, I liked the rest of the movie.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 02:08:42 PM »

not even sure if it ranks as a guilty pleasure but I absolutely love UNCLE BUCK

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »

Speed with Keanau and Sandra... I tell myself I'm gonna watch it just until the bus jumps the broken overpass....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »

not even sure if it ranks as a guilty pleasure but I absolutely love UNCLE BUCK
Anything with JOHN CANDY works for me.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies is that. I love the crappiness of it for being entertainingly bad. Yes the musical aspect of it is a chore to sit through, but it's not the worst musical I've heard (Looking at you Horrors of Party Beach) Personally I can kinda see what the director was going for, and it made the movie that more enjoyable imo.

yeah no.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 07:16:56 AM »

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies is that. I love the crappiness of it for being entertainingly bad. Yes the musical aspect of it is a chore to sit through, but it's not the worst musical I've heard (Looking at you Horrors of Party Beach) Personally I can kinda see what the director was going for, and it made the movie that more enjoyable imo.

I wondered if this movie had the longest title ever, but there is also "The effect of gamma rays on man in the moon marigolds". It makes me wonder just wnat the longest movie title in history was, but I'm not sure I'd want to type it out if i found it.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 09:17:09 AM »

For me, the AMERICAN PIE trilogy.  Each one of those movies had at least one scene that just left me holding my sides with laughter the first time I saw it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
kornula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 05:20:31 PM »

I un-apologetically love "Showgirls"!   
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 06:56:35 PM »

STEEL MAGNOLIAS  

MRS. DOUBTFIRE

TOOTSIE  

BATMAN FOREVER

MADEA'S FAMILY REUNION

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:58:58 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »

I wondered if this movie had the longest title ever, but there is also "The effect of gamma rays on man in the moon marigolds". It makes me wonder just wnat the longest movie title in history was, but I'm not sure I'd want to type it out if i found it.
Howza bout...
The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade (1967)?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »

Howza bout...
The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade (1967)?

Once again your superhuman knowledge  of movie trivia wins you the thread.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 01:53:32 PM »

Howza bout...

Once again your superhuman knowledge  of movie trivia wins you the thread.

Close, but I think "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2" beats it. (Confession: I used Google because I knew there was a title like that, but there was no way I could remember it).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guilty Pleasures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.