Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:14:09 PM
715288 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123782 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2460 on: June 18, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »

Mr.Nobody~ A man(jared leto) wakes up in the future as a 120 yr old man. He is also the last living mortal... sounds interesting, huh? Don't be fooled.

At 15 minutes I wondered if some kind of psychedelic drug was required for viewing

At 50 minutes I wondered why the hell I was still watching this

At 70 minutes I wondered did I really give a crap enough to finish this and see the ending? After all I had already invested 70 minutes of my time.

At 80 minutes I decided nope and turned it off. There was still almost an hour left and I just didn't feel like torturing myself any longer.

The term Artsy is used to describe a certain type of movie but artsy is an understatement when describing this. I don't know if it was the directors intention to keep you wondering WTF was going on but if it was? Good job!

ETA~ The killing gene(W delta Z)~ A saw/seven rip off about a killer getting revenge by making those that hurt her kill the ones they love... Another one I didn't finish, I Will find a movie tonight to watch and actually finish it! This had potential but when it got to the part where SPOILER

A drugged out, nasty, sorry excuse for a mother electrocutes her small child to save herself was it for me. They don't show it but just seeing a tiny body with burnt feet covered up by a blanket was enough for me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:39:36 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #2461 on: June 19, 2010, 01:50:12 AM »

The Devil's Tomb.  Somewhat decent action/horror flick.  Competently put together.  I found the explanation of what was going on kind of unsatisfying.  It felt like they both tried to explain things AND leave things ambiguous.  They should have gone more in either direction.

I dunno.  Some really great actors (Ray Winstone, Cuba Gooding Jr and Ron Perlman) are in this one, but they feel kind of wasted.  Some good "horror" scenes and atmosphere, though.

6/10.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2462 on: June 19, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »

I wondered if some kind of psychedelic drug was required for viewing... I don't know if it was the directors intention to keep you wondering WTF was going on but if it was? Good job!

Thanks for the review: it was on my list anyway but you've confirmed my need to see this!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2463 on: June 20, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

Under Siege (1992) - Steven Segal stars as a really, really cool guy LOL.  He's a cook on a battleship (former Navy SEAL of course), and when terrorists take over the ship, it's up to him and Erika Eleniak to kill them all and save the day.  Watching Eleniak transform from an airsick Playboy Playmate into a butt kicking terrorist terminator is worth the price of admission alone - her "I'm mad now" face is priceless.  We even get a quick glimpse of the implants - her plastic surgeon is an artiste!  Anyhow lots of stuff blows up - pretty much everything blows up in fact.  There's as much gunplay and martial arts action as one movie can possibly hold.  Pretty good performances on the part of the bad guys (Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey).  The movie has a real tongue-in-cheek feel to it, pure B movie all the way.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2464 on: June 20, 2010, 08:21:21 AM »

Under Siege (1992) - Steven Segal stars as a really, really cool guy LOL.  He's a cook on a battleship (former Navy SEAL of course), and when terrorists take over the ship, it's up to him and Erika Eleniak to kill them all and save the day.  Watching Eleniak transform from an airsick Playboy Playmate into a butt kicking terrorist terminator is worth the price of admission alone - her "I'm mad now" face is priceless.  We even get a quick glimpse of the implants - her plastic surgeon is an artiste!  Anyhow lots of stuff blows up - pretty much everything blows up in fact.  There's as much gunplay and martial arts action as one movie can possibly hold.  Pretty good performances on the part of the bad guys (Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey).  The movie has a real tongue-in-cheek feel to it, pure B movie all the way.  3.5/5.

I have been wanting to see a Steven Segal flick. This looks like a pretty good one! Would you recommend this to start off with?

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
dean

« Reply #2465 on: June 20, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »

Other than some silly action, all I remember from the Under Siege movies [I think there's two of them right?] was that they seem to often have flimsy excuses to include at least one set of boobs in each movie.  I seem to remember they even use satellite surveillance to check out a topless sunbather in the second one...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
3mnkids

« Reply #2466 on: June 20, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »

I wondered if some kind of psychedelic drug was required for viewing... I don't know if it was the directors intention to keep you wondering WTF was going on but if it was? Good job!

Thanks for the review: it was on my list anyway but you've confirmed my need to see this!

TeddyR   If it makes sense in the end could you let me know what the hell it was about, please? 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2467 on: June 20, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »

I have been wanting to see a Steven Segal flick. This looks like a pretty good one! Would you recommend this to start off with?

Marked for Death was my favorite, he does some pretty brutal martial arts stuff in that one.  Under Siege had a lot bigger budget and a lot more action, so it kinds of depends on what your preference is I guess.

- Paulo Coelho
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2468 on: June 20, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »

Jack -
Both Marked for Death and Under Siege have been added to my Netflix Queue.
Thanks for the information!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2469 on: June 20, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »

TALES OF TERROR (1962): Vincent Price stars in three adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe stories, joined for the last two by horror icons Peter Lorre and Basil Rathbone.  Mildly creepy in a literary way, but it's the oversized screen personas of the stars that makes it fun.  The middle feature, a combination of "The Black Cat" and "The Cask of Amontillado," starring Lorre as a loutish drunk and Price as a wine-sipping fop, is the best.  3.5/5.  

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #2470 on: June 20, 2010, 05:29:57 PM »

The collector(2009)~ A man has plans to rob a house and breaks in only to find someone else has broken into the house before him and is crazy  TeddyR   

I liked this.  The bad guy was really creepy and its pretty gory at times. I like that they dont explain why the guy is doing this crazy stuff to the family or why he is so weird looking(his eyes  Buggedout ) and that, for me anyway, adds to the creepiness of him.   

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2471 on: June 20, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »

Dennis the Menace (1993): a mischief prone 5-year old boy named Dennis (Mason Gamble) proves a source of endless torment for his neighbor/old grump Mr. Wilson (Walter Matthau). The story however take an unexpected turn towards the just slightly more serious when a scruffy, dirty knife wielding robber named Switchblade Sam (Christopher Lloyd), so low he'll even steal from kids, shows up in the town.

I watched this with my girlfriend and have to admit I enjoyed it. Obviously a lot of stuff that happens it seems pretty far-fetched especially in terms of the often exaggerated physical comedy style hijinks caused by Dennis' misbehavior and curiosity. That combined with the fact that Lloyd's Switchblade Sam character seems to be a little too over the top as a menacing threat and the severity of some of Dennis' covering of his tracks and other antics (which you know would be far more damaging if not downright deadly in real life) means this is not without flaws and probably would require an explanation to kids to not do the things Dennis does. Still, it's good mindless fun and probably will entertain adult viewers as much as kids and there's a surprisingly sweet element that does underline the film, especially from Joan Plowright's Mrs. Wilson, although it doesn't seem to be as fully evident throughout the film as I'd like. Kind of somewhere in between Home Alone and Home Alone 2 and probably would make a fun companion piece with those two films. **1/2 out of *****
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:12:27 PM by xJaseSFx » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2472 on: June 21, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »

Dracula 3000 (2004) - this is probably the 5th or 6th time I've watched this.  It gets a big 1.9/10 rating at the IMDb.  An all star cast - Casper Van Dien, Erika Eleniak, Tiny Lister, Coolio...the list goes on and on.  Well, okay, it sort of stops there.  They're the crew of a deep space salvage ship, and they come across the Demeter, a huge ship from the planet Transylvania, in the Carpathian system.  I am not making this up!  So Dracula chases them around a bit.  The whole thing is just B movie goodness - I notice something new every time I watch it.  Everybody sees the VCR sitting on the TV set (in the year 3,000), but last night I noticed the wires for Erika's microphone sticking out the back of her shirt.  Guess they were planning on only filming her from the front, but those plans went awry.  I love this movie, it's ridiculously awful in absolutely every respect, and a constant source of entertainment no matter how many times I see it.  4.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #2473 on: June 21, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »

Unthinkable~ A special interrogator(Samuel L Jackson) is brought in to break a home grown terrorist who says he has planted 3 nuclear bombs in the US.

Jackson is bad ass, as always.   Smile   I liked this. Whatever your opinion is on government sanctioned torture this movie is likely to reinforce it. 

Be careful of IMDB post about this... There is a huge spoiler in the message board section on the front page. Im glad I didn't check before I watched the movie.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2474 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:14 AM »

Warriors of Terra (2006) - some eco-vandals break into a research facility and set loose one of the experiments - the ultimate killing machine.  Gee, you can just about smell the originality already, can't you?  We don't even get a proper monster - it's some little girl who had cancer, so they did a bunch of gene-splicing or something to her.  Cured her cancer but now she runs around at 100 mph and occasionally kills somebody.  You know you're in trouble when the last girl, who is by far the most likable character in the movie, has an acting career consisting solely of playing parts like " Cabin Girl #1", "Young Woman" and "Female Student #3".  Most of the movie consists of long, slow camera pans down the passageways of an industrial basement.  Lost and lots and lots of them.  The ending even drags on for three times as long as it should.  Not much makes sense - one guy is slowly dying and his friends don't even bother to ask what's wrong with him.  Whatever.  2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.