Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:30:05 PM
715288 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123775 times)
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3675 on: May 16, 2011, 04:02:25 AM »

crackers- whoah I 've heard about that one  Buggedout

Yeah it's pretty nasty, but the story line is quite engaging.

claws
« Reply #3676 on: May 16, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »

Mega Piranha (2010) Blu-ray

First time viewing with audience. As expected, the perfect party movie. Everybody had a great time, and two out of four people are definitely going to buy Mega Piranha  TeddyR 4.5/5 Cheese

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009) Blu-ray

Third time viewing for me, first time with audience. Surprisingly well received thanks to the gore effects which weren't always spot on. I still think its a rather dull movie but it was more entertaining watching it with friends. 3.5/5 Cheese
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3677 on: May 16, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009) Blu-ray

Third time viewing for me, first time with audience. Surprisingly well received thanks to the gore effects which weren't always spot on. I still think its a rather dull movie but it was more entertaining watching it with friends. 3.5/5 Cheese

I watched these films in reverse order ( for some reason ), but I would not change that. This one is my favorite of them all.

venomx
« Reply #3678 on: May 16, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »

Troll 2 (1990) Now that's what I call a bad movie... I loved it though, it was creepy, fun. Thumbup
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3679 on: May 16, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »

Streets of Fire (1984)- more like Streets of Misfire. Man, what a weird and warped movie. "I can Dream about you" was a big hit and I figured this would be cheesy but good. Instead it was demented and really pretty bad. They kept saying Ellen Aim. wtf Ellen Aim? Who came up with that? "It's Ellen Aim"

Eddie from Eddie and the Cruisers is a tough guy who can beat up like 5 guys at once. His old girlfriend Ellen Aim (Aiighh!) gets kidnapped. He goes and gets her, this is in like the first 15 minutes of the movie. Its ridiculous how easy it is and then they have the whole rest of the movie to deal with. They go around in this dystopia which is Chicago or something? no idea.

There is really no tension it's almost like the scenes were put in the wrong order. There are some good musical performances in the begining but Ellen Aim is terrible and so is her music. The big finale is awful. Ry Cooders incidental music misses the mark too. It is too light and rootsy when it should be supe rcheesy and overbearing.

a very charitable 3/5

The director obviously knows how to make movies but boy, this is no "Southern Comfort".
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3680 on: May 17, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »

The Other Guys- There were some oddly funny and awkward scenes in it.  Other than that, it was okay.  Nothing spectacular.

Cube 2: Hypercube- Somewhat fun with some neat ideas, but ultimately seemed to not have any rules.  It was the kind of movie where the writer could have put anything in there.  Not horrible, but definitely not as fun as the first film.

Monsters (2010)- Yet another "could have been better" movie, but also could have been worse.  Neat monsters, but boring love interesting subplot that winds up taking over the main plot.  I do think that given the director's apparent love for kaiju that he'll do okay with Godzilla.

Currently watching/failing at watching It's Alive (2008).  Oh, great idea.  Let's take a silly, campy horror movie and try to do a serious remake.   Lookingup

EDIT:
Just gave up on It's Alive.  I'll stick with the original.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:17:48 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
claws
« Reply #3681 on: May 17, 2011, 03:35:45 AM »

Terror at Tenkiller (1986)

Two "students" (late 20's/early 30's) escape small town boredom to spend their summer in a cabin at Lake Tenkiller. All could go well if it wasn't for a deranged serial killer slashing young local females.
The dream-like slow pacing might not be appreciated by everyone but you'll get a pretty fun CASIO synth score, hilarious small talk, semi-boobs, lots of relaxing, resting and lounging at or in the lake, one freaky nightmare and Stacy Logan as Leslie. She's a real trooper, sweet, blonde and with the acting ability of a sleeping pill. I don't mean that in a bad way, though. Logan is very believable at "under-performing" and it totally suits her character. Surprisingly enough she used to be a stunt woman (!) and made quite a few movies.
Charming, laid back micro-budget slasher with more than enough entertaining cheese. Also a nostalgic flashback of mid 80s America that doesn't exist anymore. 4.5/5
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:41:19 AM by claws » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3682 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »

The Manitou (1978) - a woman has a growth on her back, and as it gets larger and larger, it becomes obvious that it's a human fetus!  This is a totally serious movie, but the premise is so ludicrous, I dunno;  it's like an inside joke or something.  The two lead actors do a great job, while somehow managing to keep a straight face through the whole thing.  The plot moved along at a good pace and kept it interesting.  The ending truly must be seen to be believed - a topless woman shooting lasers out of her hands at a giant eyeball, meteorites flying by, electricity zapping everywhere...oh man   BounceGiggle  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3683 on: May 17, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »

Taken (2009):

I really liked this movie. For the past two years I have caught bits and pieces of it, but never actually sat down and watched it in it's entirety until this past weekend. What a no-nonsense action thriller. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. Liam Neeson as an ex-CIA operative going after going to war with a bunch of Euro-trash to rescue his daughter? Count me in.

I looked up the movie and saw one comment from Time Magazine's Richard Corliss who said the film "has nothing more on its mind than dozens of bad guys getting beat up and another one turned into instant roadkill." Well, yeah, duh. Now shut up and go watch your special edition DVD of The English Patient.

Anybody who knows me knows I don't give out 5's except in extremely rare circumstances, but I'll gladly give this one a 4.8/5.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3684 on: May 17, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »

jack - I really liked the Manitou. There was a review on Amazon I don't know know if it's still there, where a guy talks about being thrown off the set for making fun of it, then he goes down the street and sees "Star Wars".
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3685 on: May 17, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »

jack - I really liked the Manitou. There was a review on Amazon I don't know know if it's still there, where a guy talks about being thrown off the set for making fun of it, then he goes down the street and sees "Star Wars".

I saw the Manitou years ago when I was like 10 years old. My dad rented it from our old VHS store (those were the days!). That movie really freaked me out, I used to think some indian dude was going to come out of my neck! Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3686 on: May 17, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »

What's his name was a bad choice for the lead but I still gave it  5/5
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3687 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »

What's his name was a bad choice for the lead but I still gave it  5/5

Lol, Tony Curtis.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3688 on: May 17, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »

The Manitou guy was pretty cool looking.   Thumbup

The guy who played the Indian medicine man also played a Klingon in the original Star Trek series.  I recognized his voice right away but had to look him up on IMDb to figure out where I knew him from.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:58:24 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3689 on: May 17, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »

I tried to find the amazon review to no avail. Also, there used to be a girl from Williamgirdler.com who posted here. Where are you!???!!
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.