Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:23:14 AM
715394 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125207 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #3690 on: May 17, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »

Tourist Trap

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3691 on: May 18, 2011, 06:41:54 AM »

I tried watching City of the Living Dead (1980) last night.  I really did.  One of those Italian things directed by Lucio Fulci.  I just cannot get into these sorts of movies.  A priest hangs himself and weird things start happening, like somebody takes a handful of worms, cranberries and red marmalade and mashes it into a girl's face.  The plot was impossible to follow - every scene had some new bunch of people;  I had no idea who they were and certainly didn't care what happened to them.  The two main characters were trying to find a town that wasn't on the map, even though it was plenty big enough to be on every map.  I had no idea if scenes were taking place in that town, on the other side of the world...whatever.  The whole point of the movie seemed to be to have gross-out style gore that I guess a middle school kid would think was cool.  Being Italian, it of course it had a couple of exterior shots of buildings that they obviously spent a lot of time setting up and they looked nice and atmospheric.  After an hour I was like "Why am I still watching this?"

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3692 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »

nightowl- that's a cool movie
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #3693 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »

nightowl- that's a cool movie

It has its moments. I liked the ending with Jerry, cool effect.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3694 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968):  When the dead inexplicably start to rise and eat the living, a small band of people are trapped in an abandoned farmhouse.  An absolute horror classic that proves that an intelligent storyline full of drama and surprises easily trumps big budget effects.  Never get tired of seeing this one!  Thanks to Pilgermann for organizing a showing of this on the big screen; he added lots of cool trailers and vintage theater announcements, too.  5/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #3695 on: May 19, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »

Nail Gun Massacre (1985) This is one of the funniest revenge-horror films with constant classic crazy one liners("Well,you just p**sed me off") even though its sort of hard hear em' because the crazy distorted voice. 2/5

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3696 on: May 19, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »

Over the past few nights:

The Funhouse (1981) - When I was a kid I'd always watch this if I saw it on TV, but it always gave me the creeps.  I've always been fascinated by carnival atmosphere and that's what really makes this film worth watching.  Kevin Conway plays multiple sleazy barkers.  I'm not a big fan of slashers but this is one that I enjoy.

Phantasm II (1988) - A little more slick and self-aware than the first, but still just as nonsensical and probably just as good!  I like it.

Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Screened the DVD copy I made for the show that Rev. Powell mentioned, but I was tired and not in the mood for it at the time, but it's an undeniably great horror film.  Ben's one of the great characters of the genre and one of the only ones in the film with his head on straight (but the stress of the situation even gets to him to and he has his moment of weakness where he shoots Harry).  It's too bad that Duane Jones didn't have much of a film career, but I guess that wasn't his primary interest.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3697 on: May 19, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »

Small | Large

Thomas in Love (2000) for a movie that's over a decade old this is pretty on point as far as the loneliness of the internet and whatnot. An agoraphobe who hasn't left his apartment in 8 years embarks or is sort of tricked into a type of therapy where he is encouraged to socialize with different women, some from a regular dating site and some who are some weird kind of prostitute/ nurse from his insurance company. In doing so he comes up against the difficulty inherint in his predicament: he can't or won't leave his apartment (nor can anyone come in) and this isn't most womens idea of a good time.

The special effects are minimal, the way you know it's in the future is everyone has these symbols painted on their face, something people don't do now. I don't think they do, I wouldn't know I haven't left my apartment in 8 years  Wink. The acting is very good, particularly the beguiling Eva, the one from the agency.

5/5 really liked this one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:27:25 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
dean

« Reply #3698 on: May 19, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0dl3gNrJPQ&feature=related

Thomas in Love (2000) for a movie that's over a decade old this is pretty on point as far as the loneliness of the internet and whatnot. An agoraphobe who hasn't left his apartment in 8 years embarks or is sort of tricked into a type of therapy where he is encouraged to socialize with different women, some from a regular dating site and some who are some weird kind of prostitute/ nurse from his insurance company. In doing so he comes up against the difficulty inherint in his predicament: he can't or won't leave his apartment (nor can anyone come in) and this isn't most womens idea of a good time.

The special effects are minimal, the way you know it's in the future is everyone has these symbols painted on their face, something people don't do now. I don't think they do, I wouldn't know I haven't left my apartment in 8 years  Wink. The acting is very good, particularly the beguiling Eva, the one from the agency.

5/5 really liked this one.

Yeah this was a good one... I have it on video, but sadly no vcr anymore!

I quite liked the movie on the whole: some great concepts and cool uses of tech sci-fi which almost seem dated now that smart phones have taken off.

Must have been super cheap to make too, but it doesn't look it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3699 on: May 20, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »

Today, Piranha and then later that evening, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter.
Quite a contrast, isn't it? :P

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3700 on: May 20, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »

I tried watching City of the Living Dead (1980) last night.  I really did.  One of those Italian things directed by Lucio Fulci.  I just cannot get into these sorts of movies.  A priest hangs himself and weird things start happening, like somebody takes a handful of worms, cranberries and red marmalade and mashes it into a girl's face.  The plot was impossible to follow - every scene had some new bunch of people;  I had no idea who they were and certainly didn't care what happened to them.  The two main characters were trying to find a town that wasn't on the map, even though it was plenty big enough to be on every map.  I had no idea if scenes were taking place in that town, on the other side of the world...whatever.  The whole point of the movie seemed to be to have gross-out style gore that I guess a middle school kid would think was cool.  Being Italian, it of course it had a couple of exterior shots of buildings that they obviously spent a lot of time setting up and they looked nice and atmospheric.  After an hour I was like "Why am I still watching this?"

Yeah-alot of it was sensless-(why wasn't the girl in the coffin embalmed?). But it has a Lovecraftian atmosphere to it-like they had entered a weird Twilight Zone. It made more sense than the totally ridicoulus (and equally gory) SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH.
When you think about it-none of Fulci's films make much sense. In ZOMBI,for example-why were the Spanish conquistadores buried so close to the surface-and why weren't they not a pile of bones after 4 centuries?
But I'm not WyreWeenie- these are exploitation pictures-not CITIZEN KANE. I enjoy them for the "What the F@ck?!" gore.  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3701 on: May 20, 2011, 06:42:49 AM »

In ZOMBI,for example-why were the Spanish conquistadores buried so close to the surface-

Yeah, I got a good laugh out of the way the woman in the coffin - being buried in a cemetery by professionals - was only a few inches under the surface.

The Eden Formula (2006) - I guess this is another sequel to those Carnosaur movies.  It actually had a rather fun B movie charm about it.  Some criminals break into an industrial building to steal something, but unwittingly release the secret research experiment - the T-Rex in the basement.  The paper-mâché T-rex  BounceGiggle  The scene where it jumps on some explosives belongs on a top ten worst special effects of all time list.  The characters were quite fun, in that overblown cheesy way.  I enjoyed it.  The plot moved along at a good pace and kept it interesting.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3702 on: May 20, 2011, 11:27:55 AM »

Last night I survived my first Uwe Boll flick.  Cheers

I watched BloodRayne...and I was surpirsed that I really liked it. It is awesomely bad. Words were coming out of characters mouths when they weren't speaking throughout the film. The fight scenes are laughably bad. The story is really cliche, but it works for me because everything is so bad and it makes it good.

5 out of 5 stars.

It is worth noting that I know nothing about the game and if I did this film might have been on my most hated list.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3703 on: May 20, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

Isolation (2005)- like a mad scientist this Irish film succesfully mixes depressing / morose foreign film type people with gross out /thing with teeth that should not be horror. A guy on a very muddy farm allows a scientist to experiment on one of his animals, resulting in a horrible litter of death! The rest of the movie is the usual stuff with some scares and tension and did it bite you type worryings. I liked it but I'm not 100% sold on this type of  "tastefull " horror. 4/5
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:51:13 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pilgermann

« Reply #3704 on: May 20, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »

In Bruges (2008) - I remember Peter Johnson singing this film's praises when it came out, and I wish I'd seen it sooner, it's excellent!  Really funny, well written, and the acting's great.  There are some awfully horrific moments of violence, and I didn't completely sympathize with the characters, but I think that's appropriate given the subject matter.

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.