Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:24:28 PM
715414 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125461 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4320 on: November 12, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »

Supposedly, the dummie's head exploded jetting out lots of gore, but the MPAA said they had to cut it out of the film.  Bluesad

Legend has it that Stephen King showed the uncut version of the steamroller scene to George Romero himself, and it made HIM sick.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4321 on: November 13, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »

Jackass 3d- In some ways the concept was past experation but I still liked this alot. Stuff like "Ram Jam" still had the old magic. Wish I'd seen it in the theatre.

The Magician- Bergman movie. This is kind of like a decent twilight zone or outer limits episode but set in medieval times and with tons of dialogue and excellent photography. The plot okay but not all that clever and it is in some ways a failed art/ horror crossover of sorts. meh 3.5 /5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4322 on: November 13, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »

Documentary double feature:

REBIRTH (2011): This documentary follows five people in the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster for ten years as they deal with scars both emotional and physical.  An impressive and reverent tribute to humanity's resiliency in recovering from tragedy.  A must see for anyone personally affected by the events of 9/11.  4/5.

MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED (2010): Documentary/clip show focusing on the steamy exploitation movies made in the Philippines in the 1970s (especially focusing on Roger Corman's women-in-prison series and the "Blood Island" horrors of schlock maestro Eddie Romero).  Since it contains nothing but the best parts (i.e., topless women tied to a slab and threatened by a cobra, kickboxing midgets), for the most part its preferable to watching the originals.  How do you rate something like this on a board like this one?  It's either a trip down memory lane or a place to get ideas for your next Netflix rental.  Almost everyone here would be interested is seeing it.  4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Vik
« Reply #4323 on: November 13, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »

I too watched Machete Maidens Unleashed recently, an awesome documentary.
Turkey Shoot
Loved it, as I did Brian Trenchard Smith's other movie
Dead-End Drive In
Except the main character was kind of a moron.
Razorback
Not bad, had some good scenes and a clever set-up that catered for some unexpected twists.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4324 on: November 13, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »

Watched a couple of my girlfriend's movies last night:

Big Daddy (1999): Your usual offensive Adam Sandler man-child movie only here he actually adopts a little five year old kid who quickly becomes like a combination of pet/best friend for him. All in all, I'd say it's a tad better than your usual Sandler film and by the end, he actually turns into something resembling a man who really wants to be a Dad. The film is also enlivened by a fun supporting cast including Joey Lauren Adams as a love interest, Leslie Mann as a former Hooters girl turned doctor who Sandler relentlessly torments, Rob Schneider as an "Indian" delivery guy who almost lives with Sandler, and Steve Buscemi who's hilarious as a crazy homeless guy. It was better than I expected. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

You've Got Mail (1998): Romantic comedy update on "The Shop Around the Corner" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as heated enemy rivals in the bookstore business in real life but romantically entangled with each over the internt each not realizing initially the other's true identity.  This was alright and features likable leads in Hanks and Ryan although some of the importance placed on big business eating up smaller businesses gets lost a bit in this translation IMO. With big business moving in, towns/cities in many ways lose a lot of their character with these big business replacements that seem soulless and basically all the same wherever you go taking the place of little unique stores with history and which add true character and color to an area. Enjoyable enough although one does wonder why all is forgotten and forgiven so easily in the end. *** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4325 on: November 14, 2011, 01:06:03 AM »

Finally watched Troll 2 for the very first time (I've had it on DVD forever, and only now felt like sitting through it).
I did not regret it. 8-) This movie was better than sex.
I've got to remember the "hospitality" line on Thanksgiving.
I don't care that only three people in the house will get the reference. I'll act out the scene if I have to.

(Confession time: I kinda felt sorry for Joshua at the end. Having to see his mom's tits. And I kjnda jumped when the troll OOPS I MEAN GOBLIN jumped out of the mirror).
Actually I think part of what makes the film work so well as a bad movie isn't that it's simply a bad movie, but that it does have a few bits that hint that something good could come out of the film.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:50:11 AM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4326 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »

Evil Bong 1 1/2 stars

it's really rough until the last third of the movie, but that last third is hilariously bad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4327 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »

They (1974) - ah the stuff you find on disk 12 of a Mill Creek 50 pack.  This one's got some people at a remote cabin in the woods, and the rest of the population has been killed off by Martians, who have been living at the center of the earth for 9,000 years.  For those of you not up on the latest scientific theories, 9,000 years ago the orbit of Mars was very close to that of Earth, so the Martians moved to our planet for reasons unknown.  The center of our planet has an atmosphere that's very similar to Mars you see (and here I thought the whole thing was under ground).  We never see any Martians, we see what are very obviously red smoke bombs spewing out gas.  And we see a red light on a wall.  Anyhow, these people at this cabin sit around acting like, well, '70s people.  In a zero budget movie.  You know, that sort of "none of this makes any sense but that's probably because I'm not stoned" type of thing.  It's groovy man.  Smile  The characters were amusing if nothing else.  One guy had a cool looking snowmobile and we got to watch him ride it for about 5 minutes.  The cabin was sort of cozy I guess.  Hey, I made it all the way to the end!  To the utterly nonsensical end.  2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4328 on: November 15, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »

Pillow- is turkey shoot the aussi most dangerous game type one? that was a cool movie.

Freddy's new Nightmare or whatever- I liked this. I think if you have a sequal, much less a like 5th part of a thing, you might as well go for something really bent. 4/5
claws
« Reply #4329 on: November 15, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »

Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985) Blu-ray

Nudity, bloody murder and misogynistic remarks. This isn't Troma, it's a PG rated Disney movie.
Average Dinosaur adventure set in Africa. The action was alright and the Brontosaurus was well made actually. My personal highlight was Sean Young however. She didn't seem to be happy to be in this movie. Her stone-faced non-performance is a must see. 3/5
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4330 on: November 15, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »

The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (1979): Sequel to the Apple Dumpling Gang focuses solely on the bumbling pair of would be crooks Amos and Theodore (Tim Conway and Don Knotts) from the first film trying to make their way in the world now on the straight and narrow path but they just cannot, no matter how hard they try or where they go, seem to elude getting themselves into serious trouble.

Honestly I felt this was much funnier and more enjoyable than the first film, which is much more a family adventure film, while this is much more in the realm of comedy hijinks although there is some Wild West style undercover agent adventure too but the true stars here are Knotts and Conway who are much more cut loose in this film than the first one and what we get is an underrated, overlooked gem of a comedy that IMO surpasses the first movie. Kenneth Mars steals the show with his Marshal Woolly Bill Hitchcock character who's constantly on the trail of Amos and Theodore while Jack Elam, Harry Morgan and Robert Pine are familiar faces in other key albeit smaller roles. This movie is downright hilarious and had me laughing very, very hard. It's only hampered by some farfetched moments but then don't most great comedies have those? So much fun, this one should be in more people's comedy collection. ****1/2 out of ***** stars.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:56:58 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4331 on: November 16, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »

Unknown World (1951) - some scientist is all gloom-and-doom about the possibility of nuclear war, so he comes up with the idea that we should all move to the center of the Earth for safety.  It's cool and pleasant down there you know.  So he assembles a team and they build this upside-down bathtub looking thing with a drill on the front to take them on their journey.  They sit in this thing and it bounces around a bit.  Then they get out and walk around.  Repeat that a few times and there's your movie.  Characters, well, a couple of them were vaguely interesting.  I was experiencing massive fits of yawning by the end.  Thankfully it was only 74 minutes long.  1.75/5.

UFO:  Target Earth (1974) - only watched about 5 minutes of this.  The audio on the Mill Creek DVD is all distorted.  Playing stuff like that is really bad for your speakers even at moderate volume levels.  Not to mention it sounds horrible.  Judging from those 5 minutes, I really doubt I missed much.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4332 on: November 17, 2011, 02:52:15 AM »

5/5

I feel that some of the 49 minutes of extra footage really helps the film a lot, however the French colony story it just sort of there and takes away from the feel of the movie a bit

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #4333 on: November 17, 2011, 03:10:38 AM »

UFO:  Target Earth (1974) - only watched about 5 minutes of this.  The audio on the Mill Creek DVD is all distorted.  Playing stuff like that is really bad for your speakers even at moderate volume levels.  Not to mention it sounds horrible.  Judging from those 5 minutes, I really doubt I missed much.

Not missing much indeed. Interesting concept, very dull execution.
Audio was fine on my Mill Creek set though  Question
claws
« Reply #4334 on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »

The Tomb (2009) Blu-ray (Region B)

A soul-sucking Russian succubus with a deadly disease is mind-controlling successful writer into having sex.
Movie felt like it was edited for pacing (85 min). Nice visuals, but at times campy dialogue.
Wes Bentley was challenging the spirit of Jeff Goldblum, Eric Roberts was miscast as a Russian uncle and Michael Madsen's head appears to get fatter with each movie. 2.75/5
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.