Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:14:42 AM
715394 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125206 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4515 on: January 13, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »

fun the perfect way to describe the 2nd Harry Potter film
predictable at times but this was fun
only thing I really didn't like was that the very beginning was virtaully the very same as the beginning of the previous Happy Potter film

4/5

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4516 on: January 14, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

Did a "Double Feature" last night...been a while since I did one of those...

"Vertical Limit"
http://www.youtube.com/v/trp5hxov5tc

Formulaic but fun action/adventure starring Chris ("Robin") O'Donnell as a one half of a pair of extreme mountain climbing siblings. When a team led by his sister gets trapped near the top of Pakistan's legendary "K2," he mounts a rescue mission.

"I Am Omega"
http://www.youtube.com/v/erACt80tjmU

The Asylum's low-rent ripoff of "I Am Legend," starring Mark Dacascos of "Iron Chef America" (!!!) fame as an ass kicking karate expert who is also one of the few survivors of a plague that has turned everyone else into zombies. Hilariously awful.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4517 on: January 14, 2012, 04:25:27 PM »

this was everything I was expecting and hoping for in the bluray version of this classic

lots of extras the best of which is showing how they did the effects

5/5
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:31:56 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #4518 on: January 15, 2012, 03:12:15 AM »

Zwei himmlische Töchter: Ein Bulle nach Pamplona (Translated: Two Heavenly Daughters: A Bull to Pamplona) (1978)

Two constantly broke former club dancers ("Kikki & Chantal") inherit an old airplane and decide to try their luck in the passenger airliner business. They hire a Italian cook as a pilot and their first assignment brings them to Pamplona, Spain where they agree to fly a Bull to an auction ...

Episode 1 of a German Comedy Mini-Series that aired in the late 1970s on German TV. Silly, unfunny and over-the-top are the keywords here though the naive stupidity unintentionally borderlines genius at times. This show was notorious for showing, well, some nudity which was not uncommon at all during prime time on German national television. The bare assets are provided by German actress Ingrid Steeger who plays one of two flight attendants.
Steeger was able to maintain two careers at once during the 70s - one as an actor in countless naughty Schoolgirl Report and similar flicks, the other as a successful comedienne on German TV.
In A Bull to Pamplona she can be seen stripping and singing in front and then seductively luring a wild Bull into an airplane whiles shaking her bare boobs  Buggedout 4/5 Cheese
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:18:34 AM by claws » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4519 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »

SESSION 9 (2001): A hazmat crew removing asbestos from an abandoned asylum uncover secrets about the long-dead but deeply disturbed residents in this slow-burn psychological horror.  What's creepier than a crumbling building full of ghosts?  A crumbling building full of schizophrenic ghosts.  3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4520 on: January 15, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »

Extra Terrestrial Visitors (1983) - They should have probably hyphenated that title so it doesn't sound like additional terrestrial visitors.  Anyhow, a meteorite lands in the woods and some kid finds an egg near it.  He brings it home and ET hatches out of it.  Meanwhile some total jerk is out on a camping trip with some girls.  Oh gawd this was terrible.  The little kid's voice was dubbed by some French or Italian woman I'm guessing.  You get a few minutes of these twenty-somethings in the woods, like a movie aimed at adults, and then a few minutes of the little kid and ET, which is like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.  And back and forth - like a sip of beer followed by a sip of chocolate milk until you're about ready to barf.  1.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4521 on: January 15, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »

Hell Comes To Frogtown (1987): Nuclear war has left the world largely infertile as well as creating a race of mutant frog creatures. Notorious rebel Sam Hell (Rowdy Roddy Piper) is enlisted by the female dominated MedTech when they learn he is one of the last few fertile men alive and assign him a new and seemingly suicidal mission: to rescue a group of fertile women being held captive in Frogtown by the mutants' leader Commander Toty.

This movie was every bit as much fun as I remembered it and the clever one-liners had me busting a gut laughing on a few occasions. It drags just a little here and there but is otherwise B-movie goodness, albeit a tad predictable on some levels, most of its running time. Commander Toty and his second in command Bull pretty much steal the movie whenever they're on-screen, especially Bull's crazy and over the top lines. Piper too does well as lead Sam Hell. Sandahl Bergman as Spangle and Cec Verrell as Centinella provide some female eye candy who can also join in with the action.

"Shut your hoooole!" , watch and enjoy. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

They Live (1988): Nada (Rowdy Roddy Piper), a man just seeking a bit of work in the city, stumbles across a worldwide conspiracy - the world is now controlled by hideous aliens who can only be seen via a pair of special sunglasses. Once the glasses are put on, the truth about the world is revealed and it's not at all pleasant.

This movie remains as powerful as ever. Take the aliens out and you pretty much have the truth about the world today being presented here especially in the words put forth by the bearded man during his underground broadcasts. On many levels, that makes watching this one rather bleak. However on another level, it's largely a videogame style shoot 'em up and is very over the top with many of its action sequences including perhaps the longest fight in cinema history. These latter elements place the film squarely in the world of B-movies even though this looks like a big budget one compared to the previously mentioned Hell Comes to Frogtown above. Great one-liners in this one as well particularly delivered by Piper's Nada. **** out of ***** stars.

These two are a must for folks on this site IMO.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:29:26 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4522 on: January 16, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »

"Right At Your Door" (2007)
Small | Large

Tight little indie thriller in which a husband and wife are separated during a massive "dirty bomb" terror attack on Los Angeles...he's at home while his wife is stuck downtown (where the sh*t is going down)... the authorities soon advise all residents to seal up their houses for fear of airborne toxins. When Wifey returns home, does Hubby let her back in and risk contamination, or leave her outside to face an uncertain fate?

Chilling concept, decently acted and executed, bound to spark conversation if you watch it with your spouse...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4523 on: January 16, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »

It was my girlfriend's turn to pick movies so...

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (1997): Romy (Mira Sorvino) and Michelle (Lisa Kudrow), two lifelong chums, decide to go to their ten year high school reunion hoping to impress all those who looked down upon and picked on them during their school days. However, their lives haven't yet progressed to where Romy and Michelle would like so they decide to don business suits and pretend to have achieved all they wanted to have achieved.

This comedy/chick flick of sorts has some fun moments and is pretty good fun for the most part. It does have its unbelievable elements that seem more than a bit of a stretch, sometimes it seems to border on outright fantasy, yet there's a certain realism to the high school environment and the bad feelings and memories it can bring up/bring back for some. Overall it was decent enough but nothing truly special. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

Belle's Magical World (1998): Direct to video Disney film presents 4 short stories that take place in between the events seen in the Disney Beauty and the Beast film, these stories feature the different characters presented during the film mainly the support staff at the palace - film characters like Lumiere, Cogsworth, Fifi, Mrs. Potts and Chip as well as some new characters including Webster (a dictionary), Crane, LePlume (Pen and Paper) and Chandeleria (a chandelier). The stories also focus a little bit on the developing relationship between Belle and the Beast and they all pretty much work towards teaching a moral lesson or two to the characters involved in each short. Overall this wasn't so bad but really adds very little new to the proceedings. As a film it feels a tad overlong, like 4 cartoon shorts tied together to make a movie. Personally I didn't feel it was anything special but it probably could have been far worse too. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4524 on: January 16, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »

one of the strangest movies I've ever seen follows Tim Roth who plays a bellhop at a hotel who has a very interesting night at 4 rooms of the hotel

funny at times, but more strange then funny

4/5

claws
« Reply #4525 on: January 17, 2012, 07:07:37 AM »

Overall it was decent enough but nothing truly special. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

I have a few gay friends and they absolutely adore this movie. It's very special to them, and they never get tired of quoting Romy & Michele.
Myself thought it was funny enough. Great cast, good soundtrack and the Christy Masters character is one of my favorite b***hes in a film  Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4526 on: January 17, 2012, 08:35:21 AM »

The Alien Factor (1978) - repeat viewing.  This is a Don Dohler film.  He's kind of a hero of mine.  Doesn't matter how ridiculous the script is or how little money he has, he digs into the project with enthusiasm and the results are usually quite amusing.  In this one an alien ship crashes on earth and some intergalactic zoo specimens get loose, so it's up to the small-town sheriff to track them down.  Of course you've got the obligatory Jaws ripoff with the mayor having a big business deal pending and not wanting the sheriff to cause any negative publicity for the town.  I think my favorite part was the fact that they couldn't afford an ambulance or a hospital, so when somebody turns up dead, a couple kids just haul them to a house in a station wagon.  And then there's the mayor's haircut.   Or the alien in the '70s style jogging suit.  Or the sheriff abandoning his car because he can't drive up the slippery hill - but failing to notice he could have just driven down the hill.  I could go on for quite a while  TeddyR  3.5/5 for unintentional laughs and all-around goofiness.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4527 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »

April Fool's Day (1986) - some college friends get together on an island for a vacation. It's not long before they begin disappearing and bodies start turning up.  The plot was slow and kind of dull, a few of the characters were interesting but others were really annoying.  The ending was perhaps the dumbest I've ever seen.  2/5.

Hyper Sapien:  People from Another Star (1986) - two girls from an advanced alien civilization come to Earth to see if they can fit in and perhaps live here.  One of them meets up with a guy and romance ensues, while their three-legged starfish/Daggit hybrid critter thing gets into trouble and next thing you know the cops are after them.  Sort of a "tween" movie obviously made with a very young audience in mind.  Wasn't bad;  the characters were actually very likable.  The plot was slow and featured lots of pointless padding.  3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4528 on: January 18, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »

I remember Alien factor having a particularly unappealing love scene.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4529 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »

I got this in one of those Echo Bridge 8-pack compilations, and was pleasantly suprised. I'd figured it would be badly made, full of cheap gore and questionable acting talent. Instead, here was an ethnic horror film that was good, extremely watchable, and, suprisingly, more story-driven than effect or violence-driven.

Lazy sod that I am, I'm not going to expend lots of energy describing the storyline.....I merely recommend that you you watch it, if it comes your way.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.