Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:16:14 PM
715417 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125518 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11745 on: November 04, 2019, 09:53:29 AM »

TONE-DEAF (2018): After losing her boyfriend and her job, young adult Olive takes a vacation by herself at an airbnb rental in the country, but her landlord is a millennial-hating boomer with murder on his mind. A horror-comedy that relies on broad generational stereotypes that very few people take seriously for its laughs. The makers had to know that critics would label it a "TONE-DEAF satire," so they can't complain; I wish they'd gone with the alternate title HAM-FIST. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11746 on: November 04, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »

Death Trench: Set at the end of the first World War, the Germans are trying to destroy evidence of a biological warfare facility they have dug underground. The allies are interested in what the German's were doing digging so much in an area that had previously been quite far behind the lines. Basically a zombie film.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11747 on: November 04, 2019, 03:02:06 PM »

"Dolemite" (1975)

"Dolemite is my name, and f***in' up motherf***ers is my game!"

Stand up comic Rudy Ray Moore achieved instant immortality thanks to his turn in this blaxploitation classic as the badass "Dolemite" - a kung-fu fightin' pimp who gets released from jail and goes on a mission to get the gangsters and crooked cops who framed him for murder. As you might.expect, a whoooooole lotta MF'ers get their asses kicked!

This 70s time capsule is cheap, the acting is amateur (at best) and the humor is mostly unintentional (it's especially funny seeing all the hot girls swooning over the paunchy, out-of-shape Moore) but it's got tons of style, lots of quotable lines and a funk-tastic soundtrack. Cheesy, over the top fun!

I wanted to check this one out before seeing Eddie Murphy's new Netflix movie about Rudy Ray Moore ("Dolemite Is My Name"), which looks like a good one.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #11748 on: November 05, 2019, 12:07:35 AM »

" uncanny annie"
this is so bad it's BAD. the only saving grace for me was the fact that the girl who plays annie has a strange resemblance to carol kane, who i adore. the rest of it just...well..sucked. 1/5

don't EVEN...EVER!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11749 on: November 05, 2019, 09:35:42 PM »

"Jawbreaker" (1999)
A trio of uber-popular, uber-b***hy high school "mean girls" (led by Rose McGowan, captured at her absolute peak of hotness) accidentally kill one of their friends during a prank that goes wrong - and then go to ridiculous lengths to cover it up.

The first half of this dark high school comedy had a mean streak that rivaled "Heathers," but unfortunately the second half fell into typical '90s teen rom-com B.S. for far too long before the evil McGowan character finally got what she deserved at (where else?) the prom. Not terrible but not a must-see, either.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11750 on: November 05, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »

she was really hot at that point
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11751 on: November 06, 2019, 07:35:58 AM »

she was really hot at that point

She used to be crazy hot... now she's just crazy.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11752 on: November 06, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »

BIRDS WITHOUT FEATHERS (2018): The lives of isolated, unhappy characters---an Instagram model, a depressed motivational speaker, a Russian cowboy, and so on---intersect in ways that become increasingly surreal. There is a heavy indie/hipster/art school vibe here that will turn a lot of people off. It's a series of sketches, and in isolation, some of them are exceptional, weird and funny; others can be tedious. The Jeff Goldblum scene should be notorious, though. 2.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11753 on: November 07, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »

RONDO (2018): At the suggestion of a therapist, an alcoholic veteran visits an underground fetish party that turns murderous. A Hitchcockian cocktail with a B-movie revenger twist; unfortunately, the script, which so intriguing at first that it gets you pumped for a big third act reveal, surrenders to a contrived babe-and-a-bloodbath finale.  Some here may like it better precisely because of its grindhousey exploitation qualities. 2.5/5.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11754 on: November 07, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »

"Dolemite" (1975)

Stand up comic Rudy Ray Moore achieved instant immortality thanks to his turn in this blaxploitation classic as the badass "Dolemite" - a kung-fu fightin' pimp who gets released from jail and goes on a mission to get the gangsters and crooked cops who framed him for murder. As you might.expect, a whoooooole lotta MF'ers get their asses kicked!

This 70s time capsule is cheap, the acting is amateur (at best) and the humor is mostly unintentional (it's especially funny seeing all the hot girls swooning over the paunchy, out-of-shape Moore) but it's got tons of style, lots of quotable lines and a funk-tastic soundtrack. Cheesy, over the top fun!

I wanted to check this one out before seeing Eddie Murphy's new Netflix movie about Rudy Ray Moore ("Dolemite Is My Name"), which looks like a good one.

I watched the Eddie Murphy film. It isn't bad.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11755 on: November 07, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »

"Dolemite" (1975)

I watched the Eddie Murphy film. It isn't bad.

I keep hearing about that Eddie Murphy movie. Must be part of the season's zeitgeist.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11756 on: November 07, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »

Cold. wet, rainy day off from work and I'm feeling sick to boot. Good day to just veg on the couch and watch flicks.

"Dead Space" (1990)
A studly space cop responds to a distress signal from a science outpost on a remote planet, where their prize experiment has broken loose and is chowing on the research staff. Hilarity ensues.
Marc "Beastmaster" Singer and a young Bryan "Breaking Bad" Cranston (!) star in this ultra-cheap "Alien" wanna be from Roger Corman's Concorde Productions that's more or less a remake of 1982's "Forbidden World" aka "Mutant" (which was also from Corman). My advice, skip this crappy rehash and watch "Forbidden World" (which was actually pretty good) instead.
AVOID.

"Records Collecting Dust" (2014)
A variety of rockers and music-biz types reflect on their favorite records of days gone by, remembering the first one they ever bought, which ones meant the most to them, etc. Some of the participants include Jello Biafra (always a hoot), Matt Pike (Sleep/High On Fire), Keith Morris (Circle Jerks), Joey Castillo (Queens of the Stone Age), and more. There's nothin' fancy here, it's just a bunch of music nerds talkin' about vinyl, which is entertaining enough for me.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11757 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:55 PM »

"The Life, Blood and Rhythm of Randy Castillo" (2014)
Lita Ford narrates this documentary about the life and career of Ozzy/Motley Crue drummer Randy Castillo, who tragically passed away in 2002 after a battle with cancer. Vintage clips mix with interviews and commentary from friends and associates like Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, Phil Soussan, Eric Singer, and more to create a portrait of a talented, well liked guy who was taken too soon.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11758 on: November 08, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »

"Hell's Highway: the True Story of Highway Safety Films"
This documentary examines the infamous "highway safety films" of the '50s and '60s -- those gross-out movies of real-life car accidents and bloodied bodies that horrified high school drivers' ed classes for decades. An interesting look back at a particularly bizarre slice of Americana.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11759 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »

K-12 (2019): Pop star Melanie Martinez made her latest album into a musical, set at a dystopian high school. It's sort of an ultra-pink tween version of "The Wall," and while it's unsophisticated (except for the art design and choreography) and easy to mock for its naiveté, plays well for its target audience of young girls. Martinez deserves some praise for attempting something with more artistic ambition than her audience requires of her. It was free on YouTube for a while, now it's only free to YouTube Premium subscribers. 2.5/5.

Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.