Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:08:18 AM
715256 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123558 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4140 on: September 10, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

The early episodes of Thriller were definitely more crime oriented and I'd say there's a few duds in there too but overall I agree they were still solidly done. I'd compare these early shows much more to Alfred Hitchcock Presents but later there were some startlingly good (sometimes southern) gothic style horror stories done on the series too especially in some episodes starring host Boris Karloff. Also keep a look out for a lot of familiar faces.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4141 on: September 10, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »

3/5

I found this to be incredibly strange, I liked it but it's not one of my favorites

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Couchtr26

« Reply #4142 on: September 10, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »

3/5

I found this to be incredibly strange, I liked it but it's not one of my favorites

Yeah, Rashomon has an odd feeling in the way it was filmed.  You like it but it has something that just makes you feel it could have been better. 

Don't Torture a Duckling - actually, not much of a fan of giallo style movies.  However, this one is rather intriguing.  I didn't like the way things were fed to you as to who it might be amongst the people.  However, it had a nice amount of tension for me and the ending was one of the most enjoyable movie endings I have seen in a while. 

Ah, the good old days.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4143 on: September 10, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »

I'm not a fan of war films, but I have this a shot. It was done really well, one of better war films I've ever seen. While I didn't like it, everything about the film was incredibly real: the attitudes of the soldiers, horrors of war, etc.

4/5

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4144 on: September 11, 2011, 12:20:36 AM »

A HORRIBLE WAY TO DIE - would be, for instance, having to watch this film without the ability to fast forward.  It features a young blonde alcoholic named Sara trying to recuperate from her marriage to a notorious serial killer and actually have a relationship with a charming, normal guy from her AA group.  But hubby has busted out of prison and has other plans . . .

If you can stay awake for them.  Lordy, this film was slow, boring, and generally awful. Avoid if at all possible

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Vik
« Reply #4145 on: September 11, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »

Alien: Ressurection
Eh, it was okay.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
It's hard to describe how badly I hate this film.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4146 on: September 11, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »

Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh (1995)

Small | Large

Sequel to the '92 classic has Candyman stalking New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Not as good as the first movie but worth a look.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4147 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »

NIGHTMARES IN RED, WHITE & BLUE: THE EVOLUTION OF THE AMERICAN HORROR MOVIE (2009): Lance Henriksen narrates this survey of a century of American anxieties and how they are reflected in our horror movies. The movie features clips from more than 200 movies (!) in about 90 minutes, so there's not much time for any deep analysis; it's more a chance for fans to fondly remember some of their scariest nightmares.  3.5/5.

AMERICAN GRINDHOUSE (2010):  This follow-up of sorts to NIGHTMARES IN RED, WHITE AND BLUE provides a history of (non-horror) exploitation films in the U.S.  Compared to NIGHTMARES, this shorter documentary covers its shallower subject in greater depth (if that makes sense). 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4148 on: September 11, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

I liked the scenrio of this movie more then anything else about Roman Holliday
4/5

Pilgermann

« Reply #4149 on: September 11, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »

The Manipulator (1971) - This was terrible.  Mickey Rooney plays a derange makeup man, filmmaker or something and he's imprisoned a woman who I think is an actress played by Luana Anders.  Basically the whole movie is Rooney menacing her and acting like a psycho by babbling about a bunch of crap.  It's kind of amusing for a while but gets old pretty quickly, and the director decided that including lots of poor and badly placed "avant garde" scenes would enhance things, but it annoyed me to death.  Since it was kind of amusing at times and I love Luana Anders I'll give it a generous 4/10.

claws
« Reply #4150 on: September 11, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »

The Funhouse (1981) Blu-ray (Region B)

Tobe Hooper's underrated classic doesn't really shine and sparkle on Blu-ray, though it is a tiny step above DVD quality. Image is rather soft with only a few fine detail moments. Always loved the score though. Such great atmospheric music. 4.5/5

The Dorm That Dripped Blood (1982) Blu-ray

Fun and at times cheesy slasher with a few nasty kills. A million miles away from reference quality but it still looks solid in HD. 3.75/5
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4151 on: September 11, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

Housesitter (1992): Following a one night stand with Gwen Phillips (Goldie Hawn), a struggling architect named Newton Davis (Steve Martin) discovers that extraordinary con artist Gwen has moved into the huge house he's built in his small hometown; originally for him and his lifelong girlfriend Becky Metcalf (Dana Delaney) until she said no to his marriage proposal; and Gwen is now posing as his wife. Only thing is this phony life with Gwen may in fact be better than his actual everyday life.

Now this wasn't quite as funny as I'd hoped it was be. Still it was a decent enough romantic drama and works better in that regard than it does as a comedy although it does have some amusing moments here and there with Hawn proving very likable in the lead despite her lying ways and Martin seeming a bit of a misguided cad who doesn't recognize a good thing when it's right in front of him. Donald Moffat and Julie Harris provide great support here as Newton's decent and lovable small town all-around good folks. Richard B. Sull and Laurel Cronin also are surprisingly good as the street people who later pose as Gwen's parents. Overall this was an enjoyable enough bit of escapist fluff. *** out of ***** stars

Trapped in Paradise (1994): Bill Firpo (Nicolas Cage) wants to go straight and clean up his life only his criminal brothers, the ever-scheming Dave (Jon Lovitz) and the kleptomaniac Alvin (Dana Carvey) work to lead him astray eventually guiding them to a little low security bank in the small town of Paradise, Pennsylvania, a target they know even Bill won't be able to resist. After robbing the bank, the brothers' escape ends up being interrupted by a snow storm and they soon wind up back amongst the people of Paradise who show them overwhelmingly kindness at every step especially the kindly bank president Clifford Anderson (Donald Moffat) and his wife Hattie (Angela Paton) not knowing that the trio actually robbed the bank.

Overall me and my girlfriend liked this. It was at times quite funny even though our lead comedy trio of Cage, Lovitz and Carvey don't always work quite as well in their roles as one might have liked although they were actually better than I expected they could be in this type of movie. There's also quite a number of smaller comedy subplots which get a tad confusing at times although they're pretty amusing too when they work. Also the romantic subplot seemed a little tacked on but did seem kind of necessary as Bill seeks redemption. Yeah this was a mixed bag. At times, it's surprisingly funny yet it never quite works as well overall to make it a true comedy classic. Still I'd give it *** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #4152 on: September 12, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »

simply outstanding

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4153 on: September 13, 2011, 06:12:22 AM »

Hell Night (1981)

Linda Blair takes her amazing boobage in an abandoned mansion on pledge night with two goofball guys and some blonde chick with an unbelievably hot English accent. They have to stay the whole night so that they can't join Sigma-Digma-Delta-Yo-Gabba-Gabba. Some other sorority & fraternity a***oles try and spook them before some crazy old dude and his deformed son turn up to batter everyone to a pulp, because the owner of the house killed his family 12 years prior and is still believed to be roaming the property with his only surviving child....and they're p**sed!

I haven't seen this film in years and I couldn't remember it, but I'd say it's definitely up there with all the other top 80s horror flicks. There's a few far fetched parts, some parts that you can see coming a mile off, but also a few bits that are slightly unique and original. On par with Halloween, The Funhouse and Friday 13th in my opinion. 4/5

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4154 on: September 13, 2011, 06:25:48 AM »

One of my all time favorites!  I watched this movie more times than I can count when I was younger.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.