Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:35:49 AM
715455 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2125995 times)
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1095 on: May 02, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »

Raggedy Ann and Andy Movie is one of the 3 animated films that my Parents took me to see way back when,and I have been wanting to see all of them again ever since.The other 2 are Winds of Change and A Mouse And His Son.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1096 on: May 02, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »

Terminator 3
2.5/5
This film so so middle of the road it's scary.
The first T was an 18*, T2 was a 15, and this is a 12...doesn't that tell you everything.

*Earned a 15 when released on DVD a few years back.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1097 on: May 02, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »

FEAR THE FOREST - worst Bigfoot movie since SUBURBAN SASQUATCH.  Fake monster costume, bad acting, no boobies, totally unscary serial killer posing as monster . . . DUMBER THAN A BRAIN DAMAGE FILM!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1098 on: May 02, 2009, 03:57:03 PM »

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE MOVIE (1996):  From the cult TV series, a man and his two robots trapped in space mock one of the worst movies ever made--only in the one-off feature version the film is THIS ISLAND EARTH, a colorful sci-fi film that isn't close to the laughable fare the show usually covered. The feature film offers very few extras for fans, won't covert anyone new to the cause, and would have been considered an average to below average episode if it had aired on TV.  It's annoying that they weren't limited to a 2 hour timeslot this time, but ended up with a film only 75 minutes longer, shorter than a TV episode, because they edited THIS ISLAND EARTH' down to 55 minutes from 87 minutes.  What was THAT about? 2.5/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1099 on: May 03, 2009, 04:08:04 AM »

X-Men Origins: Wolverine- Better than I expected.  Better, anyway, than X-Men: The Last Stand.  However, not as good as the first two films.  I actually enjoyed Ryan Renolds as Deadpool, but felt that they introduced so many characters that they all had to take a backseat.  In a way, the film feels like a miniature MK:A, only better.  In short, it's decent.   Thumbup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1100 on: May 03, 2009, 07:25:33 AM »

Bottom Feeder (2006) - Some lizard-looking guy hires a scientist to find a cure for his condition.  He's rather disappointed when the scientist doesn't conduct any human trials, so he has the scientist injected with the serum and left in some underground tunnels to see what happens to him.  He turns into a rat monster or something.  Meanwhile, a maintenance crew happens to be wandering around down in the tunnels, and of course they come across the monster and spend the rest of the movie trying to escape.  I liked this, it didn't take itself very seriously and the characters were rather likable.  Not a very interesting plot, but oh well.  We don't expect much from the Saturday Night Sci-Fi Channel Feature.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1101 on: May 03, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »

Bottom Feeder (2006) - Some lizard-looking guy hires a scientist to find a cure for his condition.  He's rather disappointed when the scientist doesn't conduct any human trials, so he has the scientist injected with the serum and left in some underground tunnels to see what happens to him.  He turns into a rat monster or something.  Meanwhile, a maintenance crew happens to be wandering around down in the tunnels, and of course they come across the monster and spend the rest of the movie trying to escape.  I liked this, it didn't take itself very seriously and the characters were rather likable.  Not a very interesting plot, but oh well.  We don't expect much from the Saturday Night Sci-Fi Channel Feature.  3.5/5.

That sounds like it has potential to be awesomely bad.  I may catch it some time.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1102 on: May 03, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »

Poltergeist

I just watched this movie last night.  Very scary and very visually impressive for the time (Visuals were done by Lucasarts I think).  I think the one of the question everybody has about the movie is what kind of parent buys a freaky clown doll like that one?!  Anyways, good film and it might be interesting for me to review it later...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1103 on: May 03, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

GUMMO (1997): A largely plotless, impressionistic and depressing tour of the hopeless white trash residents of Xenia, OH. A lot like what would result if someone took home videos of that embarassing welfare-addicted branch of the family no one likes to talk about and mixed them in a blender with experimental shorts from film school; it's sometimes interesting, but frequently incoherent and annoying. 2.5/5.

WRISTCUTTERS: A LOVE STORY (2006): In a starless and smileless afterlife reserved for suicides, three dead souls embark on a road trip: Zia searches for his earthly lover, while Mikal looks for the People in Charge, and crusty Russian Eugene comes along for the ride. An entertainingly offbeat romantic comedy disguised as a black comedy. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #1104 on: May 03, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

Black Out- stars Amber Tamblyn. about three people trapped in an elevator for what seems like an eternity while the city is going through a blackout. Ultimately it is discovered that one of the people in the elevator is a serial killer. Was actually a decent flick and i thoroughly enjoyed it. 4/5
ps if you watch this you will never be able to look at another box of salt ever again without thinking about sex.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Doggett

« Reply #1105 on: May 03, 2009, 07:53:10 PM »

ps if you watch this you will never be able to look at another box of salt ever again without thinking about sex.

That might just be you, SG.  Wink

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1106 on: May 03, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »

Monkeybone

This is very weird movie, not as weird as Raggedy Ann (But what is really?).  It has its moments, but it really isn't that entertaining, which is kind of surprising when I read the description of the movie on the back of DVD cover.  Oh well, at least it didn't cost much money to buy.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2009, 06:57:01 AM »

Fireball (2009) - An ex-football linebacker has been taking designer steroids, which has turned him into a "Firestarter" sort of character.  They actually give a detailed scientific explanation of how this is possible  TeddyR  The Fire Marshall (Lexa Doig) and an FBI agent try to put an end to his reign of terror.  I just watched this because Lexa is totally hot, and an excellent actress.  Other than that, pretty average Sci-Fi Original stuff.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

Zombie lake- reviewed on this site .      I actualy liked this but I'm not proud of that fact.   It has to be the cheapest movie I've ever seen by someone I consider to be a really good director Jean Rollin.  I'm not an expert in euro horror but I've seen my fair share and I always liked Jean rollins movies.  I don't know that I would compare him to Stanley kubrick, but I might mention kubrick in discussing Rollin while not directly likening them to each other, if that makes any sense.   The gore effects are not even as good as what you would get in a halloween costume shop.  All the money was spent on two different underwater shots of admittedly attractive  nude young ladies.  The zombies look like members of Kraftwerk with toothpaste on their face.    That's probably just what they are.  If you can get into stuff like "the Bushwhacker" definately check it out. 4/5
Doggett

« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
4/5
This is how you grow old gracefully, none of that Indy 4 nonsense.
Kirk gets framed for a murder and Spock has to solve the case before it's all out war between The Federation and the Klingon Empire.
Great stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.