Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 05:59:13 AM
715290 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123845 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1230 on: June 13, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »

Recently caught 5 episodes of the classic Dick Van Dyke Show on a public domain DVD release.

These episodes included:

"Hustling the Hustler" - Buddy's no-good pool shark of a brother Blackie (Phil Leeds) turns up in town looking to prove to his brother that he has changed his ways. Rob befriends Blackie and unware of his reputation soon finds himself embroiled in a game of pool with $300 at stake. This one has some good moments and keeps you guessing until the end. Love the bit with Laura's surprising attempt at playing pool towards the end. Not fantastically funny but nevertheless a very amusing episode.

"Bank Book 6565696" - Rob is stunned to discover Laura (Mary Tyler Moore) is keeping a secret bank account all her own in which there proves to be a tidy sum of money. Eventually Rob comes to suspect the money is intended to go for an expensive birthday gift for him - a new film projector. Only is his assumption actually correct? This one is quite funny, especially the scenes featuring Rob searching for his birthday present in a manner not unlike a young child might attempt before Christmas when expecting something extra special to eventually wind up under the three but severely lacking the patience to wait. A very good, laugh out loud funny episode.

"Never Name a Duck" - Rob brings up two baby ducks, leftover props from the TV variety show for which he writes, and of course Richie falls instantly in love with them and really so too does Rob. As the ducks get older though, one actually dies and the other one's health seems to be failing forcing Rob to take the duck to the vet looking for answers. This episode has its funny moments, especially with Rob's obvious love for the baby ducks and the visit he makes duck under arm to the vet clinic but ultimately it proves to be a serious life lesson about loving someone or something enough to be able to let them go if that's in the best interest of all involved.

"The Night the Roof Fell In" - This might just be THE funniest episode of the series as following mutual rotten days, Rob and Laura take their frustrations out on one another leading to Rob spending the night in the garage while Laura wonders what's become of him and their relationship. The funniest bits here come when Laura and Rob describe the circumstances of their argument in exaggerated fashion to their friends providing much hilarility especially with Rob imitating Fred Astaire.

"Give Me Your Walls!" - An eccentric Italian house painter named Vito Giotto (Vito Scotti) charms his way into the Petrie's house and home for a week. Eventually Rob and Laura begin to question their decision as while Vito is soon beloved by Richie and the neighboorhood kids for his magic tricks and cooking mastery, he hasn't exactly done the job he was assigned after almost a full week. Are the Petries being taken or is it Giotto himself who will fall victim to their likable charms? This episode is quite enjoyable and takes some surprising twists before it reaches its end. I especially like the assessment here about the Petries being extremely nice people.

This sitcom was ahead of its time in many ways. While the shows were wholesome and enjoyable for the whole family, they weren't afraid to tackle real issues at times. In some respects it hasn't dated well but in many others, it will remain forever timeless. One thing it rarely fails to be and that's funny.  ***** out of ***** for the Dick Van Dyke Show.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1231 on: June 14, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

DIGIMON : The Movie

A new digimon is born on the internet who consumes data at incredible rates
the data loss causes computer systems to crash , phone lines to shut down , and even missiles to launch by themselves , now it's up to the kids and their digimon friends to vanquish this new threat

HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB

An Evil sorcerer and his companion are executed in the 15th century
And Now They Have Returned To Engage In More Of Their Cannibalistic Rituals
And They Must Be Stopped Before The Next Full Moon When It Will Be Too Late
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1232 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »

THE TOXIC AVENGER, PART II (1989): "Toxie", New Jersey's only superhero, is lured to Japan by an evil corporation that wants to buy up his hometown of Tromaville to make it into an industrial waste dumping ground and general dystopia. With its long bloody brawls with an endless supply of ridiculously costumed goons and punks, it's even sillier (and moderately funnier) than the original, and much less mean-spirited while still retaining its politically incorrect edge.  I like it better than the original; there's even a David Mamet joke. 3/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1233 on: June 15, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »

Cat People: I caught this on TCM a bit ago.  I was very interesting and I love how the director handled the horror in it, especially the park and pool scene.  What scares you the most isn't what you see, it is what you don't see.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1234 on: June 16, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »

The Ruins (2008) - Some college kids are on vacation in Mexico.  Bored with partying around the pool, they set out to explore some ancient Aztec ruins.  They find a pyramid, but then some locals show up and murder one of them.  Surrounded and prevented from leaving, the kids have to stay atop the pyramid, where they find out the murderous locals are the least of their problems.  This was actually pretty good.  The character building part at the beginning only showed them to be a group of generic stereotypes, but by the midpoint of the movie they had grown on me.  Especially the hot blond.  I thought the suspense aspect was done very well, keeping me interested right up to the end.  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1235 on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:52 PM »

DEAD SNOW: Have you ever had a craving for something for awhile, but didn't have access to it? The more you craved it, the better you imagined it would be? Well, this junk-food fest really hit the spot! Med students, an isolated cabin, stolen gold, Nazi zombies, dark humor (ala AoD), gore, and snow. I think I'll be back for more! 4+/5
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1236 on: June 17, 2009, 12:43:15 AM »

DEAD SNOW: Have you ever had a craving for something for awhile, but didn't have access to it? The more you craved it, the better you imagined it would be? Well, this junk-food fest really hit the spot! Med students, an isolated cabin, stolen gold, Nazi zombies, dark humor (ala AoD), gore, and snow. I think I'll be back for more! 4+/5

I just checked out the trailer on youtube.  It looks like a great flick.  It also appears that you can watch the whole movie on youtube.  If that turns out to be the case, I'll be watching it tomorrow.

Small | Large
Jim H

« Reply #1237 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:07 AM »

I enjoyed the film, but not quite as much as you.  Some good gags and memorable characters, but I thought the ending was weak and the film took a little too long to really get going.  Still, an enjoyable film, with a few real standout gags.  7/10.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1238 on: June 17, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »

Super Agent Super Dragon (mst3k) -   cheap italian 007 knock off about the only remarkable thing being a very attractive blonde.  not one of my favorite episodes but I still loved it.  I got maybe 3 references out of the whole thing.  includes a funny sort of actors studio bit that is lke weirdly seperate from the movie ut maybe I just didn't start it right.
3mnkids

« Reply #1239 on: June 17, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »

The Haunting In Connecticut~ not bad. nothing new here but it did make me jump a few times. 

The last house on the left(2009)~ I liked it. It wasn't boring that's for sure. My only complaint would be the rape scene that goes on a lot longer than what it should have. I understand that they want to show how bad these people are and really get you angry so you want them to get whats coming to them but it wasn't necessary for the scene to be that graphic and go on that long.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1240 on: June 17, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »

The Phantom of the 10,000 Leagues: Very boring, bad film quality, and repetive music made this a bad film from beginning to end.  It did have some good acting and it was ok for a b-movie though.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1241 on: June 17, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »

I enjoyed the film, but not quite as much as you.  Some good gags and memorable characters, but I thought the ending was weak and the film took a little too long to really get going.  Still, an enjoyable film, with a few real standout gags.  7/10.

Yeah Jim, I know what you mean. I have an odd fascination with with zombies of the 3rd Reich, like ZOMBIE LAKE and OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES, and this might be the best I've seen. I was jonesin' for it, and just really liked it! (I probably did make it sound better than it was, though!)
Jim H

« Reply #1242 on: June 17, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

The last house on the left(2009)~ I liked it. It wasn't boring that's for sure. My only complaint would be the rape scene that goes on a lot longer than what it should have. I understand that they want to show how bad these people are and really get you angry so you want them to get whats coming to them but it wasn't necessary for the scene to be that graphic and go on that long.

My advice to you: don't ever watch the original. 
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1243 on: June 18, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »

Dead Snow:  Watched it today.  Loved it.  It's great that the Nazi Zombie genre is still alive and kicking.  Nazi zombies are always a big hit with me.  I wouldn't call this one the best of all, but it's a damn good one.  For me, given my twisted sense of entertainment, I think this just might be "the feel good movie of the year."  Thumbup

And a karma point goes to eyesore for knowing that the best kind of Nazi is a dead one.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:32:22 AM by the ghoul » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #1244 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:59 AM »

My advice to you: don't ever watch the original. 
Thanks for the heads up.    Smile   

I was in a weird animation mood.
Heavy metal(81)~  Still good all these years later

Tales of the Black Freighter~ Loved it. Wished it was longer though.  Great animation and voice acting.

Gnaw~ six friends run into crazy people.. yawn... seen it done before and much better. 

The gingerdead man~ Not the funniest movie I have seen lately but it did have a few laughs. I dont think i have seen that many stupid people in one movie before. wow. It was good but I had to stop and think what it was I watched. I knew I had watched something else.  Question

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.