Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:55:59 AM
715167 Posts in 53124 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  QUESTION FOR ANDREW........ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: QUESTION FOR ANDREW........  (Read 3097 times)
ASHTHECAT
« on: September 24, 2002, 01:42:46 PM »

I'm sure you'll all remember me from the nasty mess I started with that political debate that went absolutely nowhere.  Don't worry, I've vented enough for the time being.  I have a question for you Andrew.  When I click on your name it brings up a profile and a pic of several guys posing for the camera.  Which one is you??  Actually I have another question.  You have to admit that there are certain people who have become regulars on this board.  I don't know about you but I'd like to see what some of these people look like.  I'm sure everyone else that has posted to this board has had that same question burn in their minds before as well.  Am I right?  I know I am.  I want to know how everyone looks regardless of their opinion.  It would be nice to have a face to go along with their prose.  
    If it is feasible for you to add profiles for us (Badmovies.org loyal fans) to this website, I think that it would be a great idea for you to take that next step forward to the continuing development of this website and add that feature.  If you took a vote I'm sure all of us would go for it.  I understand that you are constantly busy following Uncle Sam's direction and I'm sure that this idea is nothing new to you.  As a matter of fact I'll bet anything you've already thought of it.  Will you implement it?  Your fans DEMAND IT!!  Let me hear you all chant....PROFILES!......PROFILES!.........PROFILES!.........WE WANT PROFILES!!!!!!!!
Susan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 01:57:30 PM »

I'd like to know WHERE that pic was taken. I'm amused by the bad grammar that appears to be on the sign behind them. ;-)

Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 02:08:19 PM »

I guess I didn't look hard enough.  I see that we do have the ability to add our profile.  I've posted to this Phorum several times and never noticed it.  It slipped by me for a reason.....It's easy to miss.  Maybe the profile feature should be more pronounced and easier to access.   Especially when it comes to adding our pics.  Not everyone has a URL that we can upload a pic from.  Can a browse feature for easier pic submission be added?  What do you think?
Ash

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 02:11:19 PM »

Whoops!  My cover's been blown!  When I registered,  it used my real name instead of ASHTHECAT.  Oh well, enough with the charade.....My real name's Jamey and I was born and raised here in Iowa.  (Yes I'm a guy).  Most people see the name Jamey or Jamie and assume I'm a girl.  lol
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 03:11:29 PM »

Anyone who wants to see what I approximately look like can go to Andrew's review of ROBOC.H.I.C. in the reviews section under "R", & click on my name in the body of the review.  Though truth be told, I'm 15lbs heavier & usually sport a full beard these days.
Anyone in the Atlanta, Georgia, area can see me in 5 commercial TV spots for Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law (I'm the evil insurance guy).
Anyway, I live in Longmont, Colorado, do as many films & radio & commercial spots as they'll let me & sometimes do a bunch of live stage stuff too -- though live theatre is so very very time consuming that I try to hold off from that.
I went to school & grew up in Virginia & have been lucky enough to travel all over the world, sometimes as a paid actor.
I'm 46 years old, married, 2 cats, no children, & volunteer with Colorado Reptile Rescue (Visit our great website!!), & Colorado Raptor Rehab.
I am a bit of an Ed Wood purist in that I think all other bad movies have to be measured against the sheer blithering lunacy of the body of this man's work.  There is nothing quite like a Wood . . . though I do have a soft spot for the other classic bad films like Phil Tucker's Robot Monster & They Saved Hitler's Brain.  I find that other films that have been recommended to me as "bad" really aren't even in the same league as these masterpieces.
peter johnson
Will
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 04:49:53 PM »

So where is this profile option? I don't see it. I'm interested in participating, particularly since I"ve been coming here since 1998....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 05:18:26 PM »

Here it is:

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/register.php?f=2

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2002, 05:26:32 PM »

If anyone wants to add their picture to a profile, I can help out.  Just email it to me and I will put in on the Badmovies.org server somewhere.   andrew@badmovies.org

(I just  changed my email to make it easier.)

I am in the center, wearing my "www.badmovies.org" hat and directly behind Dr. Freex.  Here is a full size picture:

http://www.badmovies.org/fests/bfest/bfesters2002-l.jpg

Back row (left to right as you are looking at us):
Joe Bannerman (Opposable Thumb Films)
Andrew Borntreger
Chris Holland

Middle row (left to right...)
Chris Magyar (Diary of a Tuber)
Dr. Freex (The Bad Movie Report) holding a Superdawg box
Scott Hamilton

Front row (you know the drill)
Ken Begg (Jabootu)
Apostic (B-Notes)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 05:31:38 PM »

You can edit your name by clicking on "My Profile" and then "Edit Profile."  Let me know if you have trouble; I'm here to help.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Brian Ringler
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2002, 05:45:26 PM »

Hey jamey where in Iowa are you?  I'm in southeast South Dakota
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2002, 05:48:11 PM »

The picture was taken by Superdawg in Chicago.  Dr. Freex ran it through Photoshop and made the sly "All Your Base Are Belong To Us!" change.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2002, 09:19:33 PM »

I'm in Eastern Iowa.  I'm from Cedar Rapids.  I'm trying to remember anyone who's been in the movies that's from here.  Let's see...Elijah Wood.....Ashton Kutcher.....hmmmmm  I can't think of anymore.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2002, 10:45:35 PM »

That's a good picture of you guys. I'm sure there were some interesting conversations during that trip(considering everyone in that picture is known for their vast knowledge of movies and stuff).

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  QUESTION FOR ANDREW........ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.