Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:49:32 AM
715022 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7754 Members
Latest Member: PrincessMu
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute  (Read 954 times)
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« on: February 11, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »

Apologies if this has been brought to your attention before, but my mother just sent me this.
The interesting thing about that fact is that my mother collects teaspoons.

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/331/7531/1498

This sounds like the sort of research that would appeal to some of you....  I know I loved it!

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »

That whole study is probably the biggest waste of time & resources I think I've ever heard of.

All the serious problems going on in the world and they choose the disappearance of teaspoons!?
Who cares where the teaspoons go.
Just buy more!

The people that did that study should all have to do 500 hours of community service each to get their minds on the right track and research important things like finding a cure for cancer or AIDS.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:21:03 PM »

Is it me, or are all the studies in the past several years done on the most absurd things. I still can't forget scientists actually did a study to prove women get hornier when they're drunk... Did someone cure AIDS and cancer and not tell anyone? Jeez.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

I've often said it, but usually about managers in corporations, but it aplies to life in general

"People do what they can when they can't do what they need to"

It allows one to feel that one is accomplishing something because something is being done, when nothing is really accomplished, and what is neeed to be done goes undone

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
dean

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 02:15:35 AM »

Fearless Freep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've often said it, but usually about managers in
> corporations, but it aplies to life in general
>
> "People do what they can when they can't do what
> they need to"
>
> It allows one to feel that one is accomplishing
> something because something is being done, when
> nothing is really accomplished, and what is neeed
> to be done goes undone
>

Someone has just put in words the story of my life!!!

Also, what an odd test! Though It is indeed a pressing issue of this modern age.

Perhaps for the next step they can install micro-gps in the spoons so they can find out exactly where the spoons have gone.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.