Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:56:05 PM
714843 Posts in 53109 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 323193 times)
316zombie
« Reply #1290 on: July 10, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »

here in kansas kids aren't allowed in school without all their vaccinations unless it's a medical issue. i think they should be mandatory at daycares too.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1291 on: July 10, 2019, 03:02:37 PM »

here in kansas kids aren't allowed in school without all their vaccinations unless it's a medical issue. i think they should be mandatory at daycares too.

I'll back this...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1292 on: July 11, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »

So fired off about 150 rounds today. Only one of them hit a living target, and well it isn't living anymore. Just as I fired off a round there was a flash of movement. Then there was find of a flash of red as a bird (a swallow I think, but I am not an ornithologist) flew between my point of aim and the target.

Bit of a shame, I am rather fond of swallows. For one thing, they are neither pigeons nor seagulls (and I decided quite some time ago that neither of those animals is birds. They are in fact rats with wings).

Anyway, I am once again all qualified up to shoot people. And errant swallows apparently.

Hoping that no one p**ses me off enough that I have to shoot them. Not that have a problem with the thought of having to shoot someone if I am put in that position. It's more the paperwork afterward. I am always suspicious of people who actually want to shoot someone

When I was younger I loved running and thought nothing of doing six hours a day. Nowadays all I seem to run is out of f**ks, money, and of course patience.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:41:16 AM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1293 on: July 11, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »

patience is a strange thing, isn't it? i think i get far more impatient with corporate entities( or governmental) like the USPS than i do with the actual PEOPLE who work for them. but then, there are people who just trigger my impatient gene by being deliberate jerks/idiots..but they get off the hook because they CAN be decent. * no, you aren't one*  it bugs me to see someoe flip their whole personality like that, and that triggers ME doing the same thing. which is VERY stupid, and makes me impatient with MYSELF.. that likely doesn't make much sense, but i'd bet YOU know what i mean.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1294 on: July 12, 2019, 05:51:03 AM »

I know what you mean Barri. If I have to use customer service for something, then I am automatically angry with them before I have even dialled because I know I am going to get people bouncing me from one department to another and generally being useless.

1452 days left in my job. In 1492 The Battle of Los Alporchones is fought in the context of the Spanish Reconquista between the Emirate of Granada and the combined forces of the Kingdom of Castile and Kingdom of Murcia named Murcia resulting in a Christian victory. Alexăndrel retakes the throne of Moldavia, in his long struggle with Petru Aron. William Douglas, 8th Earl of Douglas is killed by James II of Scotland, at Stirling Castle.  Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor, becomes the last to be crowned in Rome. Pope Nicholas V issues the bull Dum Diversas, legitimising the colonial slave trade. English troops under John Talbot, 1st Earl of Shrewsbury, land in Guyenne, France, and retake most of the province without a fight. Byzantine–Ottoman Wars: The Ottoman governor of Thessaly, Turakhan Beg, breaks through the Hexamilion wall for the fourth time, and ravages the Peloponnese Peninsula to prevent the Byzantine Despotate of the Morea from assisting Constantinople, during the final Ottoman siege of the imperial capital. A major eruption of the South Pacific volcano Kuwae in Vanuatu has a subsequent global cooling effect (the eruption releases more sulfate than any other event, in the previous 700 years). Portuguese navigator Diogo de Teive discovers the islands of Corvo and Flores, in the Azores. Battle of Bealach nam Broig, a Scottish clan battle.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #1295 on: July 12, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »

my bestie is welsh, from a very long line, and he's told me some stories passed down in his family about the clan battles, do you have any from your clan? i'd be interested in reading them.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1296 on: July 12, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »

Oh, that is easy my dear. Just check out the Jacobite rebellions.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1297 on: July 12, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »

Got a Brummbar and an Adler for my German army, so working on them. I really need to get around to doing the infantry though. I have a fair amount of vehicles and support weapons for them (the Brummbar is heavily armoured vehicle with a big gun designed for urban warfare). I am managing to keep up with painting the vehicles I keep buying, but the poor bloody infantry are kind of left to last.

Watching some documentaries on The Muppets and engaging in some nostalgia.

316zombie
« Reply #1298 on: July 13, 2019, 12:57:52 AM »

book title, please?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1299 on: July 13, 2019, 03:48:19 AM »

book title, please?

Anyone of these should work.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1300 on: July 13, 2019, 06:37:24 AM »

This link should give you the basic info Barri. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobite_risings. There are a lot of books both historical and fictional that can give you more info should you wish it, but I am from Clan Stuart (on my mother's side. I care not for my father's clan).

Watched the new Hellboy last night. Didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be, although I'd say the Del Toro version was better. Sometimes the swearing in it seemed to be there for no other reason than to just have someone swear.

Finally got around to watching one of the trailers for the new Godzilla movie. If the film is like the trailer then I can see why it didn't do so well box office wise. It looked like they'd basically made a superhero movie and that is a pretty damn crowded market already. Less with the saving mankind and more stomp Tokoyo I think. Anyway, I'll reserve judgement until I actually watch the film (assuming I get around to it at some point. To be honest, it isn't high on my to-do list), but that certainly was my initial impression.

Done some stuff on tracking people across rough ground, spotting booby traps and whatnot through the week. Kinda hoping not to have to use that really. Not that I am hoping to have to use the other stuff like how to set up cordons and control points for bombs. They had a map of the base and said to one of the guys that he'd found a bomb and how would he organise things. The place where he set up his control point was exactly where I thought "Hmm, I would set up a second device here and then I could detonate it and take out people travelling along that road to deal with the bomb if I were a terrorist."

Speaking of terrorists, I see Iran is threatening us after we seized one of their oil tankers for breaking Syrian sanctions and prevented them from grabbing one of ours in retaliation. I wonder if we'll be sending an aircraft carrier down that way.

Might even have some bloody aircraft to stick on it by now.

316zombie
« Reply #1301 on: July 13, 2019, 01:36:41 PM »

lol, butthead! no seriously, thanks for the link.
  as for the godzilla movie, my friend matt said pretty much the same after he saw it at a preview. his husband walked out, it was THAT bad.
   i didn't know there was a new hellboy, who's the director? i liked the del toro one.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1302 on: July 13, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »

Can't remember who the director is, but Fat Rambo plays Hellboy.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1303 on: July 13, 2019, 03:56:28 PM »

I kinda liked godzilla KOTM. It's not perfect but was entertaining. I don't know want people want from a godzilla movie, and a lot of the movies have strayed away from the idea godzilla was nature's retaliation against humanity for it's actions against the world.

Shin godzilla was more like that,  KOTM is more like the older ones where humanity and godzilla faced a common enemy.

It deservers some kudos for making ghidorah's roar not sound like a primitive electronic phone ringtone anymore.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
316zombie
« Reply #1304 on: July 13, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »

Can't remember who the director is, but Fat Rambo plays Hellboy.

NO WAY!!!! REALLY????  that would be SO COOL, if i believed you, lol!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.