Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:49:15 AM
714924 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hot Pockets « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you like Hot Pockets?
Yes - 5 (21.7%)
They're ok - 9 (39.1%)
No - 7 (30.4%)
I used to - 2 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hot Pockets  (Read 7327 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 12:13:28 PM »

Slightly off-topic, but the other day at Kroger I caught myself ogling something similar to Hot Pockets that I hadn't had in years: frozen burritos.

I didn't get one; I lost my nerve when I realized a lady was watching me considering them.

I know next time I'm confronted by a stack of these lurking in the bottom of the freezer case I will not be able to resist...

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Javakoala
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 06:31:58 AM »

Slightly off-topic, but the other day at Kroger I caught myself ogling something similar to Hot Pockets that I hadn't had in years: frozen burritos.

I didn't get one; I lost my nerve when I realized a lady was watching me considering them.

I know next time I'm confronted by a stack of these lurking in the bottom of the freezer case I will not be able to resist...

Okay, I KNOW it is JUNK food, but have you looked at the nutritional content on those things?  I used to eat that crap when I was younger and spent my weekends drinking. I look at them with longing now, turn them over and drop them like a burning ferret. Trans fat, saturated fat, usually overall fat twice the protein if not three times and the ingredients are sugars, fillers and chemicals.  What the hell happened to using meat, veggies, beans and cheese in these things?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »

Okay, I KNOW it is JUNK food, but have you looked at the nutritional content on those things?  I used to eat that crap when I was younger and spent my weekends drinking. I look at them with longing now, turn them over and drop them like a burning ferret. Trans fat, saturated fat, usually overall fat twice the protein if not three times and the ingredients are sugars, fillers and chemicals.  What the hell happened to using meat, veggies, beans and cheese in these things?

Hot Pcokets are always disgusting.  However, frozen burritos are only usually disgusting.  There was a local brand I used to get in Las Vegas (sorry, I forget the name) that was actually really tasty and used all natural ingredients.  I remember them as being both cheap and relatively nutritious.  Shop around.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »

The kicker is, making a wrap a la Hot Pockets isn't hard to do from fresh, and of course, more healthy ingrediants.  I just think society has gotten so busy, or lazy, that its just easier to throw stuff like this in the microwave for two minutes and eat.  Like you said Java, people need to look in the back more and understand what kind of crud their putting into their body.  Granted I sneak unhealthy items once and awhile but I try my best to do things the right way.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »

How do you think up these things? The most unique questions....and at the same time so simple? My admiration for your 'every man' abilities to hit on mundane stuff....and make it fasinating! Myself....hot pockets YUCK NASTY!
  I bought a few from the machine at work-crupes-garbage mass produced....uh-garbage!

i agree, ash should become a columnist...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »

Hot Pcokets

Is that how a chicken pronounces it?  
BounceGiggle

About that El Monterey brand...
They make an awesome soft shell taco and they package it in a similar wrapper.
I used to buy them all the time but most grocery stores around here stopped carrying them for some reason.
Yeah, they're definitely not good for you, but they sure are tasty.   Smile
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 07:55:06 PM »

I love hot pockets.

Torgo

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

I do remember that Hot Pockets seemed to taste a whole lot better when they had originally come out.  The only ones now that I think taste horrible are the aforementioned ham & cheese variety.  I believe that there's a pizza flavor that actually isn't too bad. My oldest nephew asked me to pick some up the last time he stayed over at my house.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 02:52:36 AM »

Love 'Em. Favorite one is the Cheeseburger.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:28 AM »

This is a great Ash thread that never fails to make me laugh ~ especially ghouck's comment on what happened when he ate a jalapeno-flavoured hot pocket.

TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hot Pockets « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.