Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:09:33 PM
714917 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Uwe Boll lover? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uwe Boll lover?  (Read 1057 times)
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 05, 2005, 12:57:33 AM »

Not sure if this is sarcastic or what, but this guy seems to be indicating some level of approval of Uwe Boll:

http://banedad.blogspot.com/2005/02/constatine-redux.html
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 02:13:11 AM »

Are you kidding?  My approval of Uwe Boll is firing on all cylinders!  I hope studios keep putting his movies in theaters for many years to come.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
odinn7

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 08:33:07 AM »

I don't understand all the hatred for Uwe. Sure he turns out crap...but it's funny, entertaining crap.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 09:58:15 AM »

I'm with BroR and Odinn7.   I love Uwe Boll's films.  They great bad fun.  

Here's the review from my site:

I really really really wanted this to be a good movie when first hearing about it. I was hoping it was going to be Uwe Boll's way to make up for House Of The Dead. Uwe Boll's final chance at redemption!

But, alas, it came in at #14 it's opening weekend. It seems that Boll is now stuck as the new Ed Wood.

But, the movie actually isn't that bad. My wife and I finally got around to seeing it last night in the theater, and you know what?

I actually kinda enjoyed the movie.

It goes without saying that we were the only two people viewing the film, but that just added to the experience. We were able to take our jabs at the film verbally and get a laugh or two out of it.

I'm not even going to start getting into the details of the plot, because there is little plot. A crazed scientist has created evil creatures that destroyed the Abkanis centuries before. He's trying to find a passage to the "dark world" under ours. It's convoluted, not very well thought out, and downright confusing at some points.

The film also tries to incorporate any and all horror/action cliches that it can. We get taxi chases through a sidewalk market, evil creatures being killed by light (yeah...that's new), and some seriously cheesy dialogue.

And who's idea was it to put Christian Slater in the lead of this thing? Why!? Did they actually think that people would flock to it because it had a strung out 80s star in it? The guy looked like he was just there for the paycheck so he could get stoned again. And what has happened to Tara Reed? She used to be hot, now she looks just as strung out as Slater.

Now, here's the biggie. Uwe Boll's direction. The man's direction is passable, and not really that annoying in this film. I was actually surprised at just how much better it is than House Of The Dead. The man has some talent lurking in him somewhere. I feel that if he had a good script and good actors, he'd make a 'decent' director.

Well, if the studio banned him from putting music videos in his films, that is.

"IRAK is almost gone, BOLL STAYS!!!!"

Boll isn't that bad of a director.  I think that he did terrible with House Of The Dead, but Alone In The Dark shows improvement....not to mention it was a lot of fun.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
blkrider
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 11:45:40 AM »

I like him too, although I want to see him do a movie that isn't based on a videogame just to show that it's him and not the material.  Either way, he's producing bad movie gold.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 01:11:22 PM »

The problem that I have with him, is that since I live in a major city, I have to pay 10.25-10.50 for a movie. To be honest his movies ain't worth that.  I think if a rent them when they come on dvd, I would enjoy them more, Instead of worrying I paid 10 something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

I luv dolma
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »

I love his movies, he is going to be remembered 50 years down the road as the worst filmmaker of all time. They will probably even make a movie about him.

And as for Alone in the Dark, some guy in the back of the audience clapped when the movie finished.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Uwe Boll lover? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.