Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:53:07 AM
714774 Posts in 53105 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tid-bit on Indy IV: Opinions anyone? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tid-bit on Indy IV: Opinions anyone?  (Read 1223 times)
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 09, 2003, 07:54:06 PM »

Personally, I'm not really for a fourth Indiana Jones movie, but this makes it sound promising.

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Gecko brothers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 09:58:20 PM »

How old is Ford, and one more thing he hates guns!  Why does Ford do these violent movies even though he hates weapons?
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 12:52:06 AM »

I'm sure he cries all the way to the bank ;)

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 03:11:27 PM »

I have one question... Who is directing this sequal? I hope it is Spielburg, although I know that there is a new, good trend for new directors to remain faithful the series that they have taken over (see: Freddy Vs. Jason and Terminator 3).

As for Harrison Ford, I don't think his acting skills are much to brag about, and I would question his decision to date that anorexic Ally McBeal woman before his use of guns to make money.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 06:39:03 PM »

I was just looking at the less use of CG special effects.  Some of these recent "blockbuster" movies might as well have just be animated feature films with all the use of CG.  This next Indy movie looks like it will stick with the basics for effects.

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 07:03:32 PM »

I was just looking at the less use of CG special effects.  Some of these recent "blockbuster" movies might as well have just be animated feature films with all the use of CG.

That really doesn't bother me or affect me one way or another.  CG is just another tool.  Guys in rubber suits or puppets or animatronics or CG.  They all have strengths and weaknesses; and can be used well or poorly.  

I'd be far more concerned with an aging Harrison Ford trying to reprise the role of a young swashbuckler than I would be about whether the snakes he's afraid of are CG or rubber

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2003, 07:14:55 AM »

I'm kinda dubious about this one. Ford will be 64 when the movie is scheduled for release, and the Indiana Jones character is in his 30's or early 40's. I guess it could work if they aged the character ,which would set the film in the 1950's or 60's,
but then who would the super-villains be? No more Nazis running around all willy-nilly(unless you count Werner VonBraun,and he worked for good ole Uncle Sam).

Also, if they age the Indy character to his 60's, what about Papa Jones? He'd have to be in his 80's or 90's....or at least 11 years older than Indy, since that's the actual age difference between Connery and Ford. I guess they could go the "never to be heard from again character" route like they did with the little Asian kid. The aptly named "Sir Not Appearing In This Film".

My great fear is that they'll do the tired ass "Seasoned Vet Passing Torch To Young Buck" plot line. In which case we'll probably be treated to another pairing of Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett(or one of his interchangable ilk;Chris Klein,Kutcher...etc.). In this scenario, Indy would still be Indy, but he'd stumble a little more, his punch would be weaker and he'd drop the whip, while the kid spouted snappy one-liners. No good.

Whatever, I'll go watch the friggin thing no matter how they work the plot(and plot holes). After all, I liked The Godfather III, thought George Clooney was swell as Batman and got just a little misty when Alex from A Clockwork Orange killed Captain Kirk.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2003, 12:00:07 PM »

How can they improve on the ending Last Crusade gave the series?
I, for one, am not buying this. It just don't feel right to me.....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Fearless Freep

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 12:02:07 PM »

or at least 11 years older than Indy, since that's the actual age difference between Connery and Ford

That surprises me because I sorta think of Connery being from one generation and Ford from another, but I guess if you think of Ford's earliest movies being from the early/mid 70s, that makes sense

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 01:09:54 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> or at least 11 years older than Indy, since that's the
> actual age difference between Connery and Ford

>
> That surprises me because I sorta think of Connery being from
> one generation and Ford from another, but I guess if you think
> of Ford's earliest movies being from the early/mid 70s, that
> makes sense
>

I guess you're right, they are from different generations, Connery starting in the 50's and Ford not really taking off until the 70's. It's just funny to me that Connery is only eleven years older than Ford and can still pull off playing his dad WITHOUT make up effects. But, he has had practice, he played Dustin Hoffman's dad in Family Business...only a 7 year age difference there!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2003, 11:47:39 PM »

Humph, no one ever answers my questions.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tid-bit on Indy IV: Opinions anyone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.