Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:31:10 PM
715090 Posts in 53118 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Welcome to Eltingville : The dangerous waters of Adult Swim. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Welcome to Eltingville : The dangerous waters of Adult Swim.  (Read 2044 times)
Flangepart
« on: March 09, 2002, 01:13:13 PM »

Did anyone else see this new piece of Adult Swim? Man.....lil too close to home! The sad thing is, i knew most of the answers in the "Trivia off". Ohh,scary! Don't know what more they can do with it, but Cartoon Network is sure adding to the list of Keepers. Saw the last "Cowboy bebop" ....so long, Spike, where ever you are.....Gundam 0083 looks promising, but i can't seem to get into Pilot Candidate. Outlaw Star may go places. Yuyu sure is odd ball. Hummm.... what say you guys?
Stefan Robak
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 03:55:18 PM »

Yuyu Hakusho is one I've seen fansubs of and is a guilty pleasure, though repetitive.  Basically, after the fifth episode it becomes your basic fighting anime with the main character entering tournaments and whatnot.  Kinda like Dragonball Z except the fights are MUCH MUCH shorter.  I love the original Dragonball but Z has a lot of problems.
By the way, Eltingville was based on a comic created by Evan Dorkin, creator of Milk and Cheese (a carton of hate and a wedge of spite).  I love the issue where one of them is kidnapped by fanboy deprogrammers and must fight to keep the fan boy alive.
Also Cowboy Bebop ain't over yet... in a manner of speaking.  Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door did great at the Japanese box office.
Anime that should be put on Adult Swim: Trigun (Spagetthi Western Meets Mad Max meets Martial Arts comedy.  Vash the Stampede rules!), Neon Genesis Evangelion (the thinking man's giant robot anime.  I'd rephrase that but it would spoil a huge surprise!), Slayers (Dungeons and Dragons as a comedy), Ranma 1/2, and Vandread (In the future the battle of the sexes gets a whole new meaning).
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2002, 10:25:36 PM »

When is Eltingville on?

Being a huge Dorkin fan (that doesn't sound great), I'm kind of p**sed I missed it.  Damn Cartoon Network's lousy promotional budget!

Also, when is that cartoon award show on?
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2002, 11:18:23 AM »

I found this by the Google site. type Adult Swim, and the listings includes an unoffical swim site. Below that is a Scedual List site. There are new sealab 2021's due, and some other new groo. WooHoo! Man, that sealab is wacked! Slayers...Yeah, Stefan, i like that one, the U.S. dub is funny! My favorire one was the deal where they had to rescue a princess.....ever wonder what  pacifist matrial arts would look like? "Peace on earth pile driver!" LOL! Fu-nny! OH, our Local Art theater, The Drexel, is showing a bill called "When Anime attacks!" Vampire Hunter D was just on, Next is Akira, then Jin-roh,The Wolf Brigade, one other, then Metropolis. Squishy says that ones not to miss. Sounds good!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 10:47:57 AM »

Actually, every saturday night at my university has anime night in the nursing building.  We mostly watch shows that haven't been released over to North America yet.  I suggest checking out Hellsing when it comes out.  Finally, a vampire protagonist who's really really evil!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Welcome to Eltingville : The dangerous waters of Adult Swim. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.