Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:59:10 PM
715364 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Movie that Introduced You to James Bond « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Movie that Introduced You to James Bond  (Read 3679 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: December 30, 2003, 01:28:40 AM »

Spike TV showed OCTOp***y (1983) which I watched the opening scene and credits. OCTOp***y was my first JAMES BOND film that I ever saw and will probably always be my favorite Bond film. What was your introduction film to James Bond?

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 02:23:28 AM »

For Your Eyes Only
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 03:11:49 AM »

I'm sort of ashamed to admit this but I don't think I even sat through a full Bond movie.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
KINGDINOSAUR
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 04:10:22 AM »

Scott wrote: What was your introduction film to James Bond?

The first one I can remember seeing at a drive-in theater (God, I love drive-ins) was DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER showing with The Beatles LET IT BE.  I was around 10 years old and my older brother took me and my sister.

Scott
MOTAZart.com
Neville

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 07:03:19 AM »

For me it was "Goldfinger" (1967?). I watched it with my whole class in a bus when I was 10 or so.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
dean
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 07:22:45 AM »

Read a few books first and then whammo almost straight after I saw From Russia With Love, and then over a period of a few months [some station was showing Bond films weekly, or fortnightly etc] I was introduced to the whole thing.  Then following soon after Goldeneye came out so I was on Bond overload.  Hurray!!

Though the franchise is quickly losing it's appeal.  At least some of the earlier films had a smidgent of credibility.  now we have to put up with 'buy this' 'buy that' 'watch the big explosion' 'let's here about Bond in bed' type stuff which, to be fair, happened a fair bit in the earlier films, it just wasn't so damn obvious.

Here's hoping the next one kicks ass!
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 08:27:35 AM »

The first Bond film I can remember watching in Moonraker, which isn't the best way to be introduced to the series.  The next one I remember is Goldfinger - which is a GREAT way to be introduced to the series.

The most recent one (I forget the name - it had Halle Berry in it ...mmmmmm ....pretty...) was horrible - almost as bad as a Timothy Dalton Bond Flick.  It was just too much.  And it had plot holes you could piolet a C-130 through.  I know you're not supposed to look for a real solid plot in a Bond film, but come the f### on!

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
dean
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 08:33:38 AM »

i actually liked timothy dalton.  He gave it a good ol' try and he was badass in his own haphazard way.
Colt M1991A1
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 09:05:36 AM »

My Dad and I watched Dr. No (on video, alas) when I was about 10, I think. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't until I saw Goldfinger that I really got into James Bond in a big way...

For the record, my favourite is a tie between Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice...
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 11:40:39 AM »

Dr. No.
"Thats a Smith and Wesson...and you've had your six."
Which is bull, as the dirty doctor had a Colt M1911! And it has 7 shots in a magazine! Now it had had had a Revolver, like in the book!....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 12:02:27 PM »

GOLDFINGER is the best that I have seen, but I liked the Roger Moore as Bond. The one with Grace Jones was also good. The last one didn't interest me as much as I seen it on a flight to Pheonix last spring.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 12:22:01 PM »

The first I remember watch was 'Diamonds are Forever.' I was quite young, and watched it with my Dad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2003, 01:41:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure I started with The Spy Who Loved Me. I'm sure my family probably watched other Bond films on TV prior to that, but I didn't take much of an interest until I was 8 or 9.

I think the thing that has disappointed me most about the more recent Bond movies is that they have been mostly run-of-the-mill action films, with ordinary henchmen (compared to Jaws or Odd Job) and villains based too closely on reality — greedy media mogul, North Koreans, rogue Russian, etc. Even some of the weapons have been too rooted in reality, like the stealth ship, and the base in Goldeneye that looks a lot like the radio telescope in Puerto Rico. And I really think Bond has lost some the style that Connery and Moore put into the character.

The one thing I can say for Die Another Day, is that it at least tried to recapture some of the old Bond flavour. It had a rich, eccentric, two-faced (literally) megalomaniacal villain with a really freaky henchman and a kickass superweapon. There was a lot I didn't like (such as Bond being successfully held prisoner), but I think it was a step in the right direction.

Post Edited (12-30-03 14:55)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2003, 03:12:47 PM »

I think it was either THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN or LIVE AND LET DIE.

I was a Bond fanatic when I was a kid, but didn't watch them much after Roger Moore left.  Of course, later on, I began to prefer Connery anyway.  I've only seen a few of the newer ones and they just aren't the same.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 08:11:25 PM »

When they released Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 me and my brother rented the movie, which lead to The Living Day Lights. But the movie that REALLY got me into bond was "You Only Live Twice" to me it had everything. Ninjas, the mysteryious villian stroking a cat, plenty of gadjets, a cool country with nice scenary, Kissy Suzuki  (the Japanese woman that wears a bikini for most of her screen time *throbbing heart*) a tank full of piranas, a big battle at the end that's made up of ninjas, katanas, a big henchman dressed in black called "Hans". Man that movie had everything!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Movie that Introduced You to James Bond « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.