Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:10:36 AM
715260 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Crackin' Open a Cold One « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crackin' Open a Cold One  (Read 884 times)
BoyScoutKevin
« on: March 17, 2002, 09:06:41 PM »

Sometime ago, at this message board, under a thread for "Fright Night," I said that, if you looked at the novelization of the screenplay, one saw that Billy Cole was a necrophile. Someone who said that they had the book, said I was wrong. I backed down a little, and said maybe I was wrong. (I hate that.) Then, I did what I should have done in the first place. I got a copy of the book through ILL and doublechecked my information. And blast! I may have been right. This is from "Fright Night" by John Skipp and Craig Spector and based on the motion picture written by Tom Holland. "His mind held only happy thoughts." (p. 117) Then the last three sentences of five sentences of "happy thoughts." Same page. "She was still alive then, just barely, but no matter; it was a long drive to the quarry and he'd go slow. By the time he got there she'd be cooling and just right. . . . . . . Then he'd have his fun . . . ." Yeah, sounds like a necrophile to me. It also sounds like I should doublecheck my sources, before I shoot off my mouth. Otherwise, there is the alternative: (1) Open mouth. (2) Check size of boot. (3) Place boot in mouth. Enjoy!
I am going to reread the book, it has been some time since I first read it, and see what type of creature Billy Cole was. I thought the movie said, but having seen the movie recently, it didn't. I must have read that in the book, too.
Culllen
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2002, 10:39:27 PM »

THE John Skip and Craig Spector wrote the novelization of "Fright Night?"  Whoa.  That might be one novelization worth reading.
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2002, 10:42:12 PM »

I might as well put this here, where I FINALLY noticed it.  "Culllen" and "Cullen" are the same person.  I used to think I was a smart man, but now I know better.

(Not that anyone cares.  But GOD do I feel dumb!)
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2002, 03:24:35 PM »

"He isn't human." Peter Vincent talking about Cole in "Fright Night." I thought I remembered him being more specific about what type of character Cole was. But, after reading the book based upon the film screenplay, I couldn't find anything more specific then that.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Crackin' Open a Cold One « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.