Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:35:29 PM
715404 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Brainiac (1962) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Brainiac (1962)  (Read 913 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: June 02, 2004, 01:50:17 PM »

THE BRAINIAC (1962) - Another fun Mexican horror film about an occultist in who is burned at the stake for his practices by the inquisition of New Spain in 1661. He promises to come back and kill all of the decendants of those who convicted him to death in 300 years when the passing comet returns to the skies. Return he does and takes on the form of a long tongued monster who sucks the brains out of his victims and puts them in a locked chest. Bought this one for $3.99 also at my local supermarket.

Post Edited (06-02-04 13:56)

nobody
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 02:21:50 PM »

That sounds almost exactly like the premise behind "Return of the Blind Dead."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 02:37:05 PM »

I saw this movie on late-night television (waaaaay before cable television . . . back in the days when I had about 8 channels to choose from, and I was STILL able to find good stuff at 2:00 a.m.)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 07:42:34 AM »

I bought this dvd along with a bunch more of the Beverly Wilshire Mexican horror dvd's (Curse of the Crying Woman,The Living Head, World of the Vampire ect.) a while back, and I found them very entertaining. They're usually pretty slow moving, and the dialog/dubbing is borderline surreal, but they are pretty imaginative and occasionally even generate some genuine creepy atmosphere.
Scott

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

I picked up a bunch of those also Dutchman, but didn't find THE LIVING HEAD or EL VAMPIRO. CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN and SANTO VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN are my two favorite Mexican films at this time.

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 10:46:04 AM »

I really enjoyed Curse of the Crying Woman, too, but I haven't seen Santo vs. The Vampire Women. I usually come across these dvd's at flea markets for under $5, so I'll keep my eye open for Santo. Another one I want to get is Curse of the Doll People, I've read alot of good things about it.  Hey Scott, did you get 'Spiritsm'?... I thought it was a pretty good version of the old Monkey's Paw story, my wife even found it entertaining(thats a very rare thing).
Here's a nice site about all of those movies if your interested...

http://www.kgordonmurray.com/h-index.html
Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 07:53:46 PM »

Nope, not yet. Been looking out for CURSE OF THE DOLL PEOPLE. Yea, that website is one of my favorite and I keep a link to it on ancientrule.com

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Brainiac (1962) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.