Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:54:16 PM
715417 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7760 Members
Latest Member: Amy054617
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Author Topic: ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!  (Read 51019 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2021, 07:42:41 PM »

He said those things two hours after the chaos unfolded, after a Capitol policeman was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, after four were dead and dozens hurt.
Even then he didn't want to say it, he did it because his horrified White House staffers begged him to.  He's already said he regrets it because it made him look weak.

But when he planned this rally, several weeks ago, he said for his supporters to come to Washington on the day of the Senate certification vote, and that "it was going to get crazy!" 
Then what did he say at the rally?
Rudy warmed them up with "it's time to earn our combat pay!"
Trump followed up and fed them his usual line of BS about how the election was stolen, and how Mike Pence was refusing to do his job (by which he meant, illegally rejecting the electoral vote, something Pence had already told him he lacked the Constitutional authority to do), and that if they didn't "stop the steal," it would be the end of America as we know it.
Then Trump said: "We've got to fight harder than we've ever fought before!"

What do you think a mob of angry, scared, Q-Anon believing, Trump worshipping rednecks are going to do at that point?  Sign a petition?
THEY CAME TO DO HARM.  They came with rifles, pipe bombs, zip ties, nooses, and tasers.  They came to wreak havoc because their political idol told him that their lawmakers were enemies to be defeated, that the election he lost (and was pretty much always going to lose) was stolen from them.  He fed them a steady diet of lies and hate for four years, and this was the result.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2021, 07:54:21 PM »

it's looking like the authorities are slowly but surely arresting everyone who broke into the Capital

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2021, 07:58:20 PM »

Any calls for violence or a coup, at least on Mr Trump's part, are entirely in the imaginations of the democrat party...

I'm afraid that's not so.

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."--Liz Cheyney, R. Wyo.

"On January 6, 2020, the President of the United States encouraged an angry mob to storm the United States Capitol to stop the counting of electoral votes. This angry mob turned violent and caused destruction to our nation’s symbol of democracy. This insurrection led to countless injuries and the death of several people, including two of our U.S. Capitol Police Officers. There is no doubt in my mind that the President of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection. He used his position in the Executive to attack the Legislative. So in assessing the articles of impeachment brought before the House, I must consider: if these actions--the Article II branch inciting a deadly insurrection against the Article I branch--are not worthy of impeachment, then what is an impeachable offense?"--Adam Kinzinger, R. Ill.

These are just a couple of examples of Republican legislators blaming Trump. There are more, and more will be coming soon.

I was too young, but when I asked him about it my father explained to me that Republicans supported Nixon for a while, but when they turned on him, it happened fast.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2021, 08:12:47 PM »

^Alright, I'll give you that for the time being, but I must also point out that the people calling for for this superfluous impeachment have appeared very unhinged for quite a while.^

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
chainsaw midget

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2021, 10:06:01 PM »

^Alright, I'll give you that for the time being, but I must also point out that the people calling for for this superfluous impeachment have appeared very unhinged for quite a while.^
Superfluous impeachment?

If trying to actively overthrow the government isn't an impeachable offense, then what is?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2021, 10:25:50 PM »

A President of the United States engineered a coup attempt against our own government.
People died because of his stupidity, arrogance, and insecurity.  If he does not face legal consequences for his treason, justice is dead.
And this same President was talking, until a week or so ago, about running again in 2024.
Our bitter, divided country DOES NOT NEED another Trump campaign, based on lies, hatred, and ignorance.
HE.MUST.BE.PREVENTED. from ever running again.  Impeachment is the legal, constitutional way to do that.

Have I mentioned recently how you are the man?  Without doubt, the most conservative deepest Christian in my internet experience that I not only like, but admire.  Of all human qualities, I admire loyalty highest.  You are loyal to your country.  You are loyal to your Faith. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2021, 10:32:46 PM »

I assume you believe those on the right who want Trump impeached are also unhinged

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-katko-cheney-gop-impeachment

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »

Enough "Whataboutism".  Get rid of the bullhorn.  We're too un-medicated and sane to buy more horse-hockey.  Drump is going to prison. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2021, 11:21:49 PM »

You're about as full of crap as that rushed vaccine that you keep trying to push on us like it's a cure for COVID or something.  Lookingup

I completely agree, Zelmo, that a new level of discourse would be a good idea.

Let's play a game.   I'm serious.     I'll list my usual news sources, and other people in this thread can list theirs.

I'll read other peoples' sources that I don't usually read (in addition to my own).     Will discuss what I see there, and not in the mean spirit of just bagging on it.
But actually to discuss what I agree with and what I disagree with, and why.   If you're interested in actually talking, then let's do that.   If you're just here to bring the hate, well, then reveal yourself as such.

I'll even do it without name-calling, and I'd invite anyone else who plays to do the same.   Not setting out to bash, but to read and gain some understanding of point of view other than my usuals.

Ready, set, play.

1.   CNN.
2.   cruising Reddit threads sometimes, and following the sources (so that would include NY Times, Washington Post, Reuters, AP News)
3.   My local news which is the olympian.com.
4.   I don't watch any TV or programs on it with ads, so no televised news other than what is included above.
5.   The paper magazine The Week.  (Which presents both US and world news, with leading columnists on both conservative and liberal fronts' opinions on given events.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:27:19 PM by Zapranoth » Logged
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2021, 11:25:17 PM »

Any calls for violence or a coup, at least on Mr Trump's part, are entirely in the imaginations of the democrat party...

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."--Liz Cheyney, R. Wyo.

"On January 6, 2020, the President of the United States encouraged an angry mob to storm the United States Capitol to stop the counting of electoral votes. This angry mob turned violent and caused destruction to our nation’s symbol of democracy. This insurrection led to countless injuries and the death of several people, including two of our U.S. Capitol Police Officers. There is no doubt in my mind that the President of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection. He used his position in the Executive to attack the Legislative. So in assessing the articles of impeachment brought before the House, I must consider: if these actions--the Article II branch inciting a deadly insurrection against the Article I branch--are not worthy of impeachment, then what is an impeachable offense?"--Adam Kinzinger, R. Ill.

These are just a couple of examples of Republican legislators blaming Trump. There are more, and more will be coming soon.

I was too young, but when I asked him about it my father explained to me that Republicans supported Nixon for a while, but when they turned on him, it happened fast.

From Vox.com:

"For the first time, there were signs Tuesday that some top Republican leaders might really be willing to take action against President Donald Trump — by supporting his impeachment or conviction.

Rep. Liz Cheney (WY), the third-ranking Republican leader in the House of Representatives, is already on board. She announced Tuesday afternoon that she will vote in favor of House Democrats’ impeachment article accusing Trump of incitement of insurrection. And, even more intriguingly, several anonymously sourced leaks claimed that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell believes Trump committed impeachable offenses and that McConnell welcomes the impeachment process.

Cheney is the highest-ranking Republican to commit to backing impeachment so far. In a scathing statement, she wrote that “the President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing.”
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2021, 03:40:06 AM »

RINOs are not Republicans. They are Democrats with an R behind their name.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
claws
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2021, 04:15:33 AM »

How convenient. Seems like they have all bases covered  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:02:03 AM by claws » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2021, 05:43:49 AM »

And thats why you don't have 79 million p**sed off trump supporters rising up in revolution. They are too busy fighting each other.

Mind you if they did, then I'd imagine they find, what? 86 million p**sed off Biden voters rising against them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »

^ Actually, they'll be in front of their computers typing in all caps.  Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2021, 09:00:41 AM »

^ Actually, they'll be in front of their computers typing in all caps.  Wink

Indeed RC. Too many keyboard warriors who boast about the actions of others while they do nothing themselves.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.