Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:15:35 PM
714659 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THEY... an interesting trip to the theater. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: THEY... an interesting trip to the theater.  (Read 2299 times)
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2002, 07:09:56 PM »

Also it cheesed me that the suicidal nutjob said he was certain POE had seen them. LOVECRAFT would have been a far better, and much more intelligent, choice.
*****  Well I can tell you how that conversation went:
HOLLYWOOD HACK:  Hmm.  I need a guy who wrote scary stuff.  But Stephen King's too current.  Sweetie?!  Who's a scary writer from a long time ago?
HOLLYWOOD HACK'S 9-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER: Edgar Allen Poe.
HH:  Allenpoe, gotcha.
HH9YOD:  No.  Just Poe.  Allen is his middle name.
HH:  Poe, got it.  Hey!  Like Nick Cage in "Con Air"!  Ooh - that's gold!

Geez, I can't even remember the characters NAMES, how bad is that?
*****  The psych student's boyfriend was named Riley Finn.

And I hate the ending simply because the movie DOESN'T end, it just stops. Chances are that was a tack on ending as well...
*****  Yeah, I got the same impression.  Like someone's dog ate the last three pages of script and they had to get the camera equipment back to the studio by six.

House of 1,000 Corpses
*****  I saw that one too.  It was billed as "The Movie Some People Don't Want You to See."  Who doesn't want me to see it??

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2002, 07:32:54 PM »

Dano wrote:
>
>  
> House of 1,000 Corpses
> *****  I saw that one too.  It was billed as "The Movie Some
> People Don't Want You to See."  Who doesn't want me to see it??
>
>

The people at Universal and MGM/UA, I guess.  Universal dumped the movie in the post Columbine Hollywood Guilt Trip ("We MUST stop making violent movies!") and just what went down at MGM/UA is in debate (Zombie says they got cold feet after he completed post-production and MGM/UA says they never said anything about distributing the movie in the first place).  Either way, the trailer was uninspired and made the movie look like a remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 mixed in with The Funhouse.  Even worse was the audience reaction (there were more than a few people in the movie's age demographic in attendence - most of whom later got up and walked out on They) stoney silence, no comments, no whoas, no nothing.  The previews for Final Destination 2 and Darkness Falls at least had the audience laughing and hooting.  Hell, the Drumline trailer got a better reaction than House of 1,000 Corpses did.

I smell a flop, but I'll go and see it.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Evan3
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2002, 06:32:09 PM »

What I am going to say is going to probably get people all riled up.

First:  I am tired of all the marching band jokes, enough is enough. I am at James Madison University Marching Royal Dukes, a very highly rated (elite even) marching band. We do a lot of work, I lose about 5-8 pounds a season and boy do my neck and calf muscles grow. In high school,  we often started before the football team and ended after them. I am not trying to justify the movie,m just band.

Also, Final Destination was a great concept which was ruined in a god way. It could have been scary or cool, but instead it was funny. Whats wrong with funny? The second looks just as stupid as the first, but why not?
Its gotta be better than Queen of the Damned
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 06:52:11 PM »

He is kind of a Krusty the Klown character if you think about it, the way he shamelessly pitches any product that will pay him. I can picture him taking the suitcase full of money and signing his name over without actually even seeing "They."

I was think "Alfred Hithcock presents..." but your image was much better! :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 11:00:13 PM »

First: I am tired of all the marching band jokes, enough is enough. I am at James Madison University Marching Royal Dukes, a very highly rated (elite even) marching band. We do a lot of work, I lose about 5-8 pounds a season and boy do my neck and calf muscles grow. In high school, we often started before the football team and ended after them. I am not trying to justify the movie,m just band.
*****  Evan, just to clarify, I did not mean to denigrate marching band as a field of endeavor - I understand the physical rigors involved and admire anyone talented enough to play an instrument.  That said, I don't see marching band as a great subject for a movie... especially a movie about a young street smart drummer who plays by his own rules and dominates on the field.  Personally, I played basketball in HS, but I'll be the first to chime in about just awful any movie I've ever seen about basketball is.

Dano
Evan3
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2002, 11:48:29 PM »

I see your point Dano, I am going through finals here and am a bit edgy. I agree this movie looks bad but that  marching band is not something to be taken lightly. synchronized swimming on the other hand...
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2002, 08:55:38 PM »

>The psych student's boyfriend was named Riley Finn.

That was Marc Blucas's character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2002, 10:34:31 PM »

>The psych student's boyfriend was named Riley Finn.
That was Marc Blucas's character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

*****  I know - I was making a back-handed slap at Blucas's "range" as an "actor."

: )

Dano
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THEY... an interesting trip to the theater. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.