Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:43:41 AM
715424 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7761 Members
Latest Member: Artisanhme
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten  (Read 59203 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »

Voyagers might have lasted longer if it hadn't been for that unfortunate business with the prop gun.

Actually, Jon-Erik Hexum did that bit of stupidity on a show called "Cover Up". "Voyagers" just got canceled after one season, which is a shame as it was an entertaining show, but rather silly.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »

Voyagers might have lasted longer if it hadn't been for that unfortunate business with the prop gun.

Actually, Jon-Erik Hexum did that bit of stupidity on a show called "Cover Up". "Voyagers" just got canceled after one season, which is a shame as it was an entertaining show, but rather silly.

Ah, all I remember was at the time, everybody was referring to him as the star of Voyagers. Forgot the show had ended prior to that. Speaks volumes for what a memorable show Cover Up must have been - bizarre celebrity death attached to it and I still have absolutely no recollection of the show.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »

Yeah, the dummy pointed a gun with blanks at his head  and pulled the trigger as a joke.. the blanks still contained enough gunpowder to shoot out paper/plastic wadding and shatter his skull around the temple and send pieces into his brain.

Small | Large

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »

I got some off the top of my head:

TV
Hardcastle & McCormick
Mann and Machine
The Flash
Night Man
Mutant X (I was p**sed off when that dreck was on)
Viper (Knight Rider wannabe but I liked it)
Team Knight Rider (really!)

Cartoons
The Real Ghostbusters (2nd Generation)
Sky Surfers (love that name Crazy Stuntz)
Godzilla (based on the 2000 movie)
Teen Titans (love the show actually, hate their theme song)

There was a vampire show on Fox I remember watching.  It was about the different classes of vampires.  I liked it but it was there for one or half a season.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2010, 03:10:29 PM »

Here's one I remember enjoying during the one or two seasons it was on.  There were a couple of shows at the time trying to cash in on the Power Ranger craze.  This one differed because it contained no footage from a pre-exisitng Japanese show spliced into the American footage.  Behold the sheer mediocraty and quick cash in mentality that was USA channels' Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverely Hills

Small | Large

One of the worst PR rip-offs, this show was not without it's own charm.  And I will give it some credit.  Wacthing some youtube clips, and what I remember of the show.  It actaully had some good ideas that the Power Rangers and other Saban shows at the time seemed to have missed:

The main villian didn't know who the heroes were, so they had to hid their identity (this was a major plot hole in many Power Ranger shows)

People seemed to notice when the main characters weren't around.

The main characters weren't friends,(intially) ;in fact the first episode ends with them saying it's better for them not to hang out together, in order  to help protect themselves. And they sometimes voiced their opinions on not wanting to be superheroes.

Sadly most of these plot points were brought up then forgotten.  Which was a shame because had the writers been smart enough to do more with them, the show might have lasted longer.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:29:41 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
retrorussell

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »

Renegades, starring Patrick Swayze (r.i.p.) in 1983 on ABC.  Former gang leaders team up with a cop to take down crime.  I barely remember this show, probably because it sucked.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2010, 02:49:55 AM »

There was another show that I liked.  The show "Freedom" (I think).  I was about a team of mercenaries.  And It had Darius McCrary, just after his Family Matters run.  I think it was on for a season or two

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2010, 04:58:02 PM »

Two of my favorite unsuccessful tv shows were Sci-fi channels The Invisible man and First wave. I really liked The Invisible man it was very funny with a original spin on the invisible man story. Its to bad it never took off. First wave was more successful but never got popular, and mostly had a undergroundfan base.
Another show which gets rerun now and then is Brimstone. This was a really good show with lots of great characters and original plots. It also has one of my favorite depections of the devil, hes a complete dick.

Smells like popcorn and shame
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »

I'm not sure it really qualifies for this topic, but it only lasted one season:

Fernwood Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwUtEEjZJ8&feature=related

That was classic, love Tom Waits. I never seen that show but it seemed really funny.

Smells like popcorn and shame
retrorussell

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »

Anyone remember this one?

Small | Large

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 06:16:26 PM »

Believe it or not! Yes! I can actually remember watching some of the episodes, but don't ask me why, I watched them.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2010, 02:18:53 AM »

That was a sad day when Jon-Erik Hexum did a really stupid mistake of shooting himself in the head. He was great in Voyagers and Cover Up. Did you guys know that he was going to get married to singer/actress Elizabeth Daily.  Bluesad
retrorussell

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2010, 04:48:23 AM »

That was a sad day when Jon-Erik Hexum did a really stupid mistake of shooting himself in the head. He was great in Voyagers and Cover Up. Did you guys know that he was going to get married to singer/actress Elizabeth Daily.  Bluesad

Yep, I read about that.  Just goes to show you.. empty or not, DON'T F*** AROUND WITH GUNS!!!

I sort of liked the evil stepmother in The Charmings.  She was kind of funny.  But the show was a typical '80s misfire.

Jennifer Slept Here
Small | Large

Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »

The one who played the first Snow White was very hot Caitlin O'Heaney love her in Tales Of The Gold Monkey and an episode of Silver Spoons, Raven, and the movie Three O'Clock High.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 06:05:48 PM »

I forgot love Jennifer Slept Here Ann Jillian mega hot.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Unsuccessful old TV shows that have been forgotten « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.