Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:37:41 AM
715341 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124483 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1755 on: November 29, 2009, 08:21:40 AM »

Demons at the door~ oh.my.god.    Buggedout  Buggedout  here is a trailer for any who are interested..
OwnrXf1cVU4

I just ordered that - thanks for the tip  TeddyR

Oh god, I need help...

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1756 on: November 29, 2009, 10:35:26 AM »

Demons at the door~ oh.my.god.    Buggedout  Buggedout  here is a trailer for any who are interested..
OwnrXf1cVU4

I just ordered that - thanks for the tip  TeddyR

Oh god, I need help...

That is exactly what I was told yesterday. My brother was looking through my recent purchases and said.. you should talk to someone, you need help. He was serious too. can you believe it?   TeddyR

Kibakichi~ Said what this one was about in the recent purchases thread.. It starts off really good and then drags a little at times. ok, at times it is really slow and boring but, the last 15 minutes make up for it. I laughed my ass off.  It has a werewolf, man eating spider chicks, a cyclops, and some kind of ninja turtle looking thing.. omg! I loved it.

here is a trailer..
N0YHfjhP4MU

The backwoods~ ugh, I thought this would be a decent movie, it has Gary Oldman after all, but I was wrong. Friends visiting Spain find a young girl locked up in an abandoned house and decide to rescue her. all is good until the locals come looking for her. It was so stupid and the ending was awful. What a waste of time.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1757 on: November 29, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »

the resurrected (1992) - Andrew reviews this.  It wasn't my kind of thing but it might be yours.  It's apparently a faithful adaptino of some HP LOvecraft story. I'm not a Lovecraft follower so to me it was a fairly ordinary horror movie with some hard to fathom supernatural stuff towards the end and infrequent but good special effects.  the main actor makes kevin costner look excitable he's like " hey...wait."  The story is easy follow but slow and again, outside of it's literary significance it's a pretty conventional horror movie that i would have lked if it had had about 1000 times more nudity (none) and violence (a little). 3/5
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1758 on: November 29, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
It was a fun movie.  It wasn't the best in the franchise, but it was certianly enjoyable to watch.  I had a lot of great lines in it and the CG certianly has improved over time.

Up:
Wow, what a movie!  That was probably one of the best movies I saw all year!  I don't think this movie was able to pass Wall-E in my view, but it certianly was awesome.  I just love Doug so much!  That dog is great.

Doug: "I just met you and I love you!"

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1759 on: November 29, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »

well i had a movie night last night i watched
2001 a space Odyssey
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla
Halloween
Jaws

this is why used bookstores are awesome

then this morning i watch killer klown from outer space

Jim H

« Reply #1760 on: November 30, 2009, 06:14:00 AM »

That Demons at the Door trailer is kind of interesting.  What's funny is the practical effects actually look pretty solid, especially considering how cheap the production must have been.  Then the CG is not so good.  I tend to think any film with a budget under $100k probably shouldn't be bothering with CG creatures.  CG muzzle flares, some simple CG explosions or matte effects, sure.  But, not full on creatures/other worlds/etc.  Just my opinion.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1761 on: November 30, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »

THIRST (2009): A priest receives a blood transfusion that turns him into a vampire, then becomes involved in an obsessive relationship with a girl who's been kept as a virtually slave by her adoptive family.  A had high hopes for Chan-wook (OLDBOY) Park's take on the vampire story, but it was a slight letdown.  Technically, it's terrific, with the usual beautiful cinematography and music, great performances, and lots of violent bloodletting, but there's some kind of a spark missing in this mildly novel spin on the vampire legend.  3/5.

THE TIGER, THE SNAKE, THE CRANE (1980): A one-armed princess searches for a warrior to avenge her father's death.  An attempt at a serious historical epic with great sets and costumes and a plot that's actually comprehensible.  The fighting is pushed into the background.  I can see how it would be possible to really get into this, but I thought it was just OK.   2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1762 on: November 30, 2009, 02:33:05 PM »

Hardware- Thumbup Very good movie and quite trippy!

Small | Large

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1763 on: December 02, 2009, 08:39:03 AM »

Wicked Lake (2008) - Four hot young lesbian cannibal witch babes go out to a cabin in the woods, and are set upon by the local moron hillbilly population.  They try to force the girls to perform various sex acts, but when the clock strikes midnight, they're in for a nasty surprise.  This one started out incredibly stupid, but thankfully improved quite a bit after the first ten minutes.  It's a dark comedy, though it only made me laugh once.  The four girls are really good characters, fun and cute but sick and murderous.  The hillbillies are entertaining as well, in a completely over-the-top way.  Not too much plot, but a fair amount of nudity and some really sick gore - the girls slurp a guy's brains out of his head - through a straw  TeddyR  I'll give it 3.5/5. 

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #1764 on: December 02, 2009, 09:20:08 AM »

The Amazing Screw-On Head- everyone i know raves about this animated short. Personally, i didn't think it was all that great. Also, i really don't like monkeys so i was biased from the beginning.

Funny People- had some funny moments but tried way too hard to be touching.

The Road to Christmas- I don't really remember much about this movie. It was on lifetime. Never put up a christmas tree, drink wine, and watch Lifetime all by yourself. This is how women slip into a mid-life crisis...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1765 on: December 02, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

hollywood knights- there were some funny moments but in general I just didn't like the cast and the whole vibe of this "Porky's" "American Graffiti" ish 80's vhs type sex comedy.  It's ALOT of 50's nostalgia, like frankie valli songs and drive ins even though it takes place in 1965 (?)  It's mainly tedious and mediocre, occasionally irritating and also occasionaly funny.  It reminded me of "the pom pom girls" :not very interesting or cool people doing an impossible amount of pranks.  I only kept watching it out of general respect for the cannon of 80's teen sex comedies.  2/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1766 on: December 04, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »

REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES (1936): An archeologist whose been scorned by a woman tries to find the ancient secret of creating "zombies" (actually, creating slaves through a kind of chemical hypnosis) in Angkor Wat.  No real suspense, atmosphere, or zombies; it's hard to believe the same director who made the brilliant WHITE ZOMBIE followed it up with this clunker.  Featuring 4-year old footage of Bela Lugosi's eyes.  1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1767 on: December 04, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »

I just watched Pay It Forward.  It was a good film, but the ending was really sad.  Good message though.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1768 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »

Made it halfway through Demons at the Door.  The best way to describe it is if the SyFy Channel hired a ten year old crackhead to make a movie for them.  Seriously.  After ten minutes I thought it was just about the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.  After 45, I was utterly stupefied.  There's this demon, from hell, and some guys knock him unconscious.  Then they lock him in a cell, and he starts rapping.  And doing a little dance.  He's insulting the guys, so they let him out of his cell so they can have a fistfight with him.  The big wrestler dude tears his shirt off in preparation for the fight.    Heavy metal rap music plays the whole time.  Then a doctor comes in and chops up the demon with an axe, and hundreds of gallons of green blood spray all over the guys.

3mnkids, what have you gotten me in to?!?   TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #1769 on: December 05, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »

Made it halfway through Demons at the Door.  The best way to describe it is if the SyFy Channel hired a ten year old crackhead to make a movie for them.  Seriously.  After ten minutes I thought it was just about the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.  After 45, I was utterly stupefied.  There's this demon, from hell, and some guys knock him unconscious.  Then they lock him in a cell, and he starts rapping.  And doing a little dance.  He's insulting the guys, so they let him out of his cell so they can have a fistfight with him.  The big wrestler dude tears his shirt off in preparation for the fight.    Heavy metal rap music plays the whole time.  Then a doctor comes in and chops up the demon with an axe, and hundreds of gallons of green blood spray all over the guys.

3mnkids, what have you gotten me in to?!?   TeddyR

TeddyR  yeah, loved the rap music. We all just looked at each other said what? and then started cracking up. oh, and the doctor saying..I always wanted to be a lumber jack   Smile  I do think you are giving it too much credit, even a 10 yr old on crack could make a better movie.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.