Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:04:21 AM
715774 Posts in 53153 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2134973 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3090 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

Watched PRAY FOR DEATH last night, starring Sho Kosugi.  Oy vey it was bad.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3091 on: December 16, 2010, 04:47:08 PM »

My 16 year old daughter is a complete Twilight-head, so I have endured all of that series thus far . . . so a few nights ago my wife and I decided to rent VAMPIRES SUCK after a particularly stressful day.  It was, of course, crude and vulgar and nowhere nearly as funny as the classic spoofs like AIRPLANE and TOP SECRET, but I got a number of good laughs out of it.  The girl who played the "Bella" character had Kristen Stewart down perfect!  But the best part was when my daughter walked by after getting her bath and spied the familiar red truck and white frame house on TV. She said:
"Dad, are you watching TWILIGHT?"
"Nope," I replied.
"New Moon?"
"No, Honey."
"Eclipse?"
"Fraid not."

Long pause.

"I HATE YOU!!!!"  and the door slammed.  My wife and I laughed for a long time!  The next morning I was describing the movie to my other daughter, who doesn't like TWILIGHT at all, and her sister cut in:  "Dad - you have sinned!"

I think I got more enjoyment from her reactions to the movie than I did the movie itself.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #3092 on: December 17, 2010, 01:28:04 AM »

Cold Prey (2006)

Five snowboarding friends are stranded in an old abandoned ski hotel somewhere in the mountains, but they are not alone. A huge killer with an ice pick is ready to pierce unwanted guests.
Refreshingly old school slasher fare from Norway, of all places! Love the isolated setting, build up and creepy killer.

They already did Cold Prey 3, time to catch up on part 2. 4.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3093 on: December 17, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »

Creepozoids (1987) - directed by David DeCoteau and starring Linnea Quigley.  Get the idea?   TeddyR  In the post-apocalyptic future, some military deserters take shelter in a large building, where they eventually figure out that a monster is lurking about.  Pretty much what you'd expect - a bit of T&A, generally bad acting, no plot whatsoever.  Low budget, cheesy monster.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #3094 on: December 17, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »

I'm currently watching "Werewolf of London" (1935), which is surprisingly good. There are plenty of misty london streets, screaming women and moustached men, all very Universal. And it's good to see them moving locations a bit more, with the beginning part set in Tibet. Plus it's a fairly original story about a flower which can antidote lycanthropy. Although it's the first time I've seen a werewolf not only keep from tearing its own clothes to shreds, but when leaving the house, put on a hat and coat. Evidently the first gentleman werewolf.

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3095 on: December 17, 2010, 04:31:22 PM »

Chopping Mall (1986)
Kids trapped in mall with killer robots
3/5

Night of the Comet (1985)
Kids find out the world has ended. I was disappointed with this. I was expecting more.
3/5

TerrorVision - Loved this. (1986)
An alien in a television set of the most 80's household ever.
4/5

Salt (2010)
Jolie doing action stuff. 'meh'.
3/5
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:35:05 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3096 on: December 18, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »

I loved chopping mall
Doggett

« Reply #3097 on: December 18, 2010, 02:57:25 PM »

Tooth Fairy (2010)

A hockey player is forced to become a tooth fairy.
Comedy ensues.

I actually, kinda liked it. The Rocks acting isn't up to much, but it made me laugh.

3/5

claws
« Reply #3098 on: December 18, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »

Cannibal aka White Skin (2004)

Student with white skin phobia falls in love with white skinned girl suffering from a strange disease: she must feed on the flesh of males in order to survive.
French-Canadian Indie and David Cronenberg homage all in one. Great little twisted Horror-Drama worth checking out. 4/5
Doggett

« Reply #3099 on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:43 PM »

Cube 2: Hypercube.

Six people trapped in a cube. Kinda like the first.
Dull, time twisty, other dimension nonsense.

2/5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3100 on: December 19, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »

THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF LITTLE DIZZLE (2009): An idealistic but confused young man who goes through a religion a week is fired from his position as a computer programmer and takes up with a janitorial service led by a transvestite Gulf War vet; when the gang start eating addictive cookies thrown in the garbage by a research firm, they discover that the side effects are hallucinations and male pregnancy.  Endlessly inventive, it gets a pleasant hip vibe going that's sort of a cross between REPO MAN and SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD; it's only held back from cult-movie immortality by an incredibly frustrating non-ending.  3.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3101 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:22 AM »

I Am Omega (2007) - the Asylum's knockoff of I Am Legend.  Some Kung Fu dude is living in a post-apocalyptic world populated by zombies.  He mostly hangs around his house, and we get to watch him go through his daily routine.  It's about as exciting as my daily routine.  Once in a while some zombies show up and he Kung Fu's them.  You don't have to shoot these zombies in the head, you can just shoot them anywhere.  Or Kung Fu them to death.  He's also setting explosives in the general vicinity of the gas lines in the nearby city.  Why?  Oh I dunno;  I guess there are a lot of zombies in the city and he wants to kill them.  But there are a lot of zombies everywhere else too, so I don't quite see the point.  Oh well, it's his little project I guess.  Soooooo...after a long while he finally gets a call from a girl living in the city.  He receives this over the internet.  Which is still working.  Uh-huh.  He goes into the city to rescue the girl, as the timers on his bombs tick away to give us some added excitement.  This was Boring with a capital B.  Didn't care about the characters, the story was simple and not nearly interesting enough to sustain my interest.  He did beat up some zombies with nunchucks though, that was at least amusing.  The ending wasn't too terribly bad I guess.  2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3102 on: December 20, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »

Despicable Me (2010) (Blu-ray)

Criminal Mastermind Gru wants to steal the moon with the help of three orphans. Very entertaining and quite funny animation even though Gru is nothing but a lesser evil Dr. Evil knock off. There are two are three instances where the movie/story didn't really gel with the actions of the characters but it's no biggie. 4.5/5
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3103 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »

Old Believers (1984)- this is a collection of 3 documentaries, the best one being "old believers". It's the most straightforward anyway. Its kind of Herzog meets PBS or something. I don't know if I have it exactly correct but at some point the Greek and Russian orthodox churches weere united and certain of the Russian Orthodox's broke off to maintain the old ways. They were driven out of their homes and are all over the place now. The ones here are in eastern Europe somewhere.

The kids read the bible aloud, almost like a muslim madrassa. They are all pretty religious and superstitutious but light hearted in some respects too. They live a very basic rural life and the photography is black and white. Picture a dude pulling a sled with wheat or something on it across some ice and people carrying on in some sort of village celebration, that sort of thing. I enjoyed it. It reminded me of the woods near my house.

The other two documentaries are good but kind of vague. kind of really vague. Unless you are up to speed on how a certain group of people in Czechoslavakia were driven out for some reason into Romania to farm on really hilly land and pine for their homeland you will likely be wondering exactly what you are seeing, however aestetically pleasing it is. The second one is even moreso: some guy died and he was in some war and every talks about what he was like. It's all very colorful but you constantly wonder what you are watching! and as a result what could have been a famous documentary has a pretty low grade on netflix and probably elsewhere.

Also the subtitles on the first one "Piemule" are messed up, they come to late and it's annoying.

So, if you are interested in religious sort of random people check out "old believers" first then maybe the other ones.

4/5
Couchtr26

« Reply #3104 on: December 21, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

Although it's the first time I've seen a werewolf not only keep from tearing its own clothes to shreds, but when leaving the house, put on a hat and coat. Evidently the first gentleman werewolf.

Has to be sure not to die from a common lack of dignity.   Smile

Maniac - 80's slasher.  I'm sure most here have seen.  Enjoyed it but would have preferred it kept to the opening tone and not switched gears midway through.  4/5

Oasis of the Zombies - Nazi Zombies! Yeah, besides that pretty blah though would like to have attended a school where I was making Molotov Cocktails.  2/5

Deep Red - Actually, very good and my first true giallo.  The thing that got me most was the doll.  I had fallen asleep for a minute because I was tired.  Then someone shouted Thomas wake up and there was that doll coming to the camera at a rate of speed I doubt Cheetah's can reach as quickly.  4.8/5

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.