Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:01:07 PM
715220 Posts in 53128 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WalMart Praise thread #237455 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WalMart Praise thread #237455  (Read 1635 times)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 17, 2003, 07:52:23 PM »

Yes I know, ANOTHER walmart thread, but anyway,

So just like every other of these threads, i'm in walmart with the parents and I go to the cheap dvds as usual, but wait, whats this, wow these are some great titles!

In there I saw,

RUNNING TIME (W/Bruce campbell) - The one that takes place completely in real time and is one shot throughout the whole movie. I bought this one, $8.88

RATS: NIGHT OF TERROR - Bought this one also for $8.88. On the back it describes it as a "Hilarious italian shocker". Any good?

RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES - also $8.88. This made me angry because I bought this a few months ago for like $20 bucks.

SLEEPAWAY CAMP I AND II - same price as the others, also kind of angryed me because I probably could have bought all three for less than the box set, but then I remembered that I like box sets and it was totally worth it.

MOUNTAINTOP MOTEL MASSACRE - same price, almost bought this one too but decided against it, a good decision?

also among them was PARASITE, JAKE SPEED, some movie with Bill Cosby as the devil or something, and some others I know i've heard of but can't remember their names at this time.

Oh and also, the dvds were almost all Anchor Bay Dvds, which is cool. Running Time has commentary by the director AND Bruce which should be good, plus a trailer, and Rats has a new interview with Bruno Mattei and a trailer + bio, so they don't have too much on them as far as extras go, its still good for the low price of 9 bucks.

(keep in mine I'm canadian and this may only be canadian stores and all prices are in canadian dollars :P )

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
TC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 08:00:23 PM »

I really love Mountaintop Motel Massacre....Fun cheesy southern slasher movie.  Actually has a decent atmosphere to it.  I would say it is definitely worth it at that price.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 10:13:38 PM »

RATS: NIGHT OF TERROR was pretty disappointing. I think the ending is supposed to be "shocking," but it's just silly.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 11:03:56 PM »

YOU FOUND RATS: Night of Terror???? I WANT IT!!! I love the movie. Some GREAT quotes throughout.

"STUPID MACHINE NEEDS A KICK IN THE BALL"

haha

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 02:24:48 AM »

I went to Wal Mart tonight looking for these things.  I found them not (although I did find a double feature of Blind Fury/Omega Doom in the $5 bin but didn't buy it).  This, coupled with the fact that someone told me they found Amon Amarth's new record in their Wal Mart, leads me to believe that our Wal Mart sucks ass.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 07:44:29 AM »

I watched Running Time last nigh, and it already made it to my top movies of all time, What a great movie, i'll probably watch RATS tonight. Although I have also heard some bad things. I'm starting to think I should have picked Mountain Top Massacre instead. :S

-Dan

-Spaceballs

- Dillinger Four
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 12:48:25 PM »

Whoa, Walmart must be completely better up in Canada, 'cuz the only movies you'll find here (Ohio) in the bins are the following:

10 copies of Dragnet, the TV series.
100 copies of the Ernest movies (although I will admit, I did get Ernest Goes to Camp.  What a great movie.)
Nearly all of Seagal's back catalogue (not a bad thing, IMO.)
Plenty of Dolph flicks (again, a definite plus.)
Countless western double-packs.
Too many copies of Carnivore.
Millions of copies of Blue Thunder.
Stallone's Cobra (awesome movie.)
And countless Red Skelton and Beverly Hillbillies DVDs.
A bunch of dramas that I've never heard of.

Now there isn't anything wrong with the movies above, but there's at least 10 copies of each one.  If I ever found the Sleepaway Camps in one of these bins, I would s**t gold and do a backflip.  Does anyone elses Walmarts in the states have any of the movies that system listed?

Nick
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 02:27:36 PM »

Yeah usually its all the same movies over and over but when I saw some of these movies I just started grabbing them all. Then I decided I had to narrow it down to only 2 movies.

-Dan

-Spaceballs

- Dillinger Four
raj

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 03:05:04 PM »

Sounds exactly like the Wal-Marts in South Carolina.   I'm surprised that they have some of those titles, since they won't carry certain albums (unless the lyrics are changed) and now they're getting rid of Maxim & such (not that I care about those mags).
Susan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 06:40:09 PM »

Mostly the cheap wal-mart bin here has really bad ernest goes to camp, corny kid films ,steven seagal movies and alot of really straight to video films i've never heard of. However the other day I was in the seedy side of town and in a wal-mart that looked like it was one drug deal away from being closed down and noticed they had a better selection of movies in the bin. I kept hearing about the infamous wal-mart $5.99 bin and after my few experiences thought texas just sucked. But I was standing there thumbing through "2001: space oddessy", return of the living dead, dumb and dumber, logans run (yes, at least titles i've heard of!)

I attribute it to the fact that nobody in this area of town probably even owns a dvd player so they couldn't get rid of the movies fast enough. I guess it pays to shop around, not to mention the better films always tend to be at the bottom of that bin and I look way too foolish teetering over the edge digging in like a crazy person. I'm a believer, it's worth it since most titles are just so not worth the price on the box. Imagine if i spent over $20 per film, that would be one expensive collection that i coulda bought a car with. ;-)

I was also dissapointed to find a local store called the "movie trading company" here advertised it bought, sold and traded dvd's. Well they hardly pay a buck for a film and the prices they sold them for weren't all that cheap, even for previously viewed. When i did some checking and found the same titles cheaper on amazon i quit going. They had cheap VHS movies tho, alot of 50 cent movies.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WalMart Praise thread #237455 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.