Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:44:08 PM
715372 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 644341 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1110 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:11 PM »

My mother was licensed to carry, and had a nice S&W .357 she kept with her at all times

My mother's gun is bigger than your mother's gun.  TongueOut

Actually, my mom has never even fired a gun, I'm just feeling argumentative.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1111 on: March 13, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

My mother was licensed to carry, and had a nice S&W .357 she kept with her at all times

My mother's gun is bigger than your mother's gun.  TongueOut

Actually, my mom has never even fired a gun, I'm just feeling argumentative.

No prob, buddy.  I knew ya' were joking.  Smile

Just letting you know that I grew up with law enforcement in our house, and much of the types of people you work with (and described) remind me of some of the folks my mom talked about.  She also wound up really liking her job too, as she learned how to deal with a multitude of personality types.  She said it was a very rewarding job all things considered.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #1112 on: March 13, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »

I am sick and tired of seeing kids in commercials. I know that children have acted in them before, but these days it's been really getting out of hand. It f**king irritates me to no end. It's even more aggravating that corporations think that just by putting some brat(s) in a commercial, their sales will improve. These kids aren't "cute" or "adorable", they're annoying as all hell.  

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:09:15 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
claws
« Reply #1113 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:33 AM »

This grinds my gears because I'm a winter person: It's basically still "winter" here but the sun came out a bit yesterday and people were standing in line to buy ice cream. Early Ice cream parlor crowds annoy me. Our parlor has outside seating and people sit there with sunglasses, grinning, and eating ice cream even though the weather is chilly.
Summer can't come soon enough for you grinning sunglasses fools eh?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:17:20 AM by claws » Logged
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #1114 on: March 14, 2011, 02:32:42 AM »

This grinds my gears because I'm a winter person: It's basically still "winter" here but the sun came out a bit yesterday and people were standing in line to buy ice cream. Early Ice cream parlor crowds annoy me. Our parlor has outside seating and people sit there with sunglasses, grinning, and eating ice cream even though the weather is chilly.

Well, to be fair, I love ice cream year round. I might not eat it in the snow, but I enjoy it indoors.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
claws
« Reply #1115 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:41 AM »

It irks me because its a sign of winter being almost over. I don't wanna see grinning happy people enjoying ice cream outdoors just because the sun came out for 30 minutes.
I'm still wearing my knitted wool hat and scarf with pride! (until mid April at least)  Wink
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1116 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:57 AM »

BounceGiggle  There is an ice cream stand in town people actually take the friggin day off from work to visit on opening day.  I mean really, how long does it take to purchase an ice cream and eat it?  Oh, this is on April 1 which is usually chilly as hell.  I guess people chomp at the bit to get summer going and are in complete denial that weather is chillier than the ice cream.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1117 on: March 14, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »

Winter people can be just as bad. The first time there's an inch of snow on the ground, I usually see somebody trying to drive a snowmobile on it.

Actually, it's people on jet skis I get annoyed with, although they won't be around here for a few months. Noisy, overpriced toys. I can appreciate motorcycles, ATVs and snowmobiles, because people do use them for transportation. Even if it's purely recreational, snowmobilers get out on a trail and actually go somewhere. The jet ski owner just putts around in circles near the beach, showing off and making a bunch of racket in one spot, scaring the fish, endangering swimmers, getting in the way of boats and generally looking like a douche. The noisiest motorcycle on the road will drive by and be gone. Snowmobiles go by here all the time, but they come and go quickly, because the riders have a lot of ground they want to cover. On the other hand, the jet ski rider just goes round and round, and back and forth until he feels like stopping.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:17:14 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1118 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »

^ I live on a tourist island which people flock to for vacation.  I'm cool with that and understand people are going to come to enjoy the beach. However several of these people are mega douchebags.  As stated above in Andy's post, they putt around on jet skis being A-holes.  Then when it comes to people swimming, don't even get me started.  

There is a beach in town that is a great fishing spot when the conditions are right.  It is a big beach and one side is strictly swimming (it is marked), the other side is for people fishing.  So many of these f*ckin' a-holes (sorry, no other way to describe them) from the swimming side come over to the fishing side to swim.  One time I casted out my line and this guy waded out into the water two friggin' feet away from me!. I mean hello, the swimming side is 20 feet away, keep your dumb @ss out of my fishing spot.  Oh and by the way, I have quite a large hook on my line so don't b!tch when I snag your @ss.  These people honestly make me want to put on a huge bell sinker and cast out at their head.

I won't even go into the amount of people that let their dogs jump into the water right next to me when I'm fishing.  

DarkSider's Realm

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1119 on: March 14, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »

it's people on jet skis

"River Lice."

Too many people have no idea how truly, mindbogglingly annoying, and even dangerous, these people can be. I've seen cases where the use of deadly force would have been justified, and that's not hyperbole.

Part of the problem here with jet skiers is that an awful lot of them are 'kids.'  They just don't have good judgment and they either don't know the rules/laws or simply ignore them.  As bad as young drivers are on the road, they are at least that bad on the water.

But alas, it's not just the kids.   Lookingup

I was once at a boat ramp and saw a truck pull up towing a jet ski on a trailer.  Two teen (or 'tween') girls were on the jet ski ... while it was being towed on the road.  The truck pulled around, backed down the ramp, the jet ski started, floated off the trailer and sputtered away.  The truck pulled out and left.

Now, let's think about this.  This means the jet ski was not even secured to the trailer.  Two girls, 12-14 or so, were riding on it, and some older male (father, brother, uncle, friend, who knows) drove them on a public road TO the ramp, backed them into the water, then just left.

Their behavior on the water was no better....

I know they are 'fun,' and to a rare few, they DO serve a purpose of transportation on the water.  But it would not bother me, and I think it would be no great loss if they just outlawed the dang things.  Just about every year, they tighten up the laws (no one under a certain age can operate, not after dark, safety class required, etc, etc), so why not just get rid of them?

Living on the water and spending a lot of time on boats and at boat ramps, I could go on and on and on about jet skis in particular and 'rude' on unsafe boating in general.  Again, it boggles the mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1120 on: March 14, 2011, 09:19:09 AM »

I was once at a boat ramp and saw a truck pull up towing a jet ski on a trailer.  Two teen (or 'tween') girls were on the jet ski ... while it was being towed on the road.  The truck pulled around, backed down the ramp, the jet ski started, floated off the trailer and sputtered away.  The truck pulled out and left.
Sounds like a Darwin Award in the making if you ask me.

DarkSider's Realm

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1121 on: March 14, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

I hate those guys on Youtube that do stupid "Jackass" type stunts. The kind of idiot you see on "Tosh.0". I always hope they get REALLY hurt.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1122 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

I hate those guys on Youtube that do stupid "Jackass" type stunts. The kind of idiot you see on "Tosh.0". I always hope they get REALLY hurt.

I've never liked Jackass. However, I do enjoy Tosh.0, but that's more because I find Daniel Tosh funny.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #1123 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »

One of the stunts I'd seen on Youtube was absolutely wrong.  These three kids played a trick on a friend of theirs when they played Russian Roulette with a toy pistol that had a blood-filled squib in the barrel.  When the "victim" kid pulled the trigger, fake blood went everywhere and the one kid started screaming, thinking his friend was dead.

First off, guns are not toys!  Second, how many kids are going to get the same idea, with a real weapon, not knowing the difference?  They could have played a better joke, if they had to play one at all.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1124 on: March 14, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »

All those idiots who drive around with the bass cranked all the way up on their stereos, then blare rap at full volume!  My daughter suffers from chronic migraines, so I get to see her wince and clap her hands over her ears at least once every time we go to town because of these inconsiderate morons . . .  I have not the least bit of sympathy that many of them will be mostly deaf by their 40's.  They did it to themselves and they deserve it! Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.