Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:26:10 PM
715001 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snow « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Snow  (Read 1435 times)
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 23, 2003, 08:45:49 AM »

We got snow -- all 1 inch of it. Damn this city! This stupid city shuts fown at the first fall of a flake! They've already cancelled school today, and I just know they're going to tomorrow as well. I DON'T WANT A SNOW DAY. I just got back from a vacation and went to school for one day, and now they're telling me I have to take another day off. There's only so long I can be forced to do nothing. Sad thing about this is that there is going to have to be a makeup day some time soon, and knowing this school system, they're going to throw it right in the middle of some vacation of ours. The Thursday and Friday before the last weekend of our winter break was an example of the genious that is our school system in North Carolina. Anyways, we have snow. Whoppidy-freakin-do.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Pancho
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 11:52:44 AM »

We've got about a foot and a half at least.  There's banks over my head and I'm 5'10''
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 01:04:14 PM »

For a topic like this....be sure to put, "Off Topic" and then a hyphen or whatever before you type the title or else you'll get ZERO to NO responses.

Trust me.

I know!

Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 04:07:49 PM »

AAAAAGH!  White Canadian rappers are attacking the city!  RUN!

Brother R
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 10:11:23 PM »

I hate snow. What are its redeemable factors. it burns your face, it breaks your ankles, people cant drive in it. Its cold AND wet. God put snow on the Earth to torment me.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 10:19:31 PM »

I hate snow. What are its redeemable factors. it burns your face, it breaks your ankles, people cant drive in it. Its cold AND wet. God put snow on the Earth to torment me.
*****  Agreed.  It is very pretty to look at when it is new-fallen however, so I'd offer this caveat: It can snow, but only when it snows enough for work to get cancelled, and it has to melt by the next day.  Skiers will disagree, but remember that skiers are people who enjoy being wet, cold, and sore, so I don't mind being on the opposite side of an argument from them.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Funk, E.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 10:58:49 PM »

b***h moan b***h moan... I've lived in snow and I've not seen it in person for 5 years at times over the coarse of my life. Too much of anything sucks, but snow can really be a lot of fun (yes, I ski). We had snow in the SF bay area once and believe me 1" on these hills is worth shutting the town down for especially since half the people here can’t drive in the best of conditions!
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 11:18:01 PM »

thats all good once in a while, but try living in the Appalachian mountains. Yuk

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2003, 12:43:01 AM »

>For a topic like this....be sure to put, "Off Topic" and then a hyphen or whatever
>before you type the title or else you'll get ZERO to NO responses.

For a post that will get no responses, this one seems to be doing pretty well.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 07:52:39 AM »

I too like snow, despite living in New England and driving a car, but right now it's really wearing out its welcome. We've had at least a foot and a half since Christmas, and it shows no sign of going away (as I type this, it's about six below zero). My cat hasn't been out in weeks, and I think she's now clinically insane.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
frannie
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 01:40:07 PM »

Informer you no say daddy me Snow me I'll go blame
A licky boom boom down
Detective mon said daddy me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky Boom Boom Down.

Where did this guy learn to speak english?  even for a canadian its bad.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 03:13:04 PM »

Hell yeah!

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 04:54:03 PM »

They cancelled school for 1 inch of snow? Where the hell do you live, Florida? It takes a good 6 inches or more to cancel school around here. It snowed a couple of weeks ago and I still have about 6 inches in my yard!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 05:24:01 PM »

Joe wrote:
>
> They cancelled school for 1 inch of snow? Where the hell do
> you live, Florida? It takes a good 6 inches or more to cancel
> school around here. It snowed a couple of weeks ago and I
> still have about 6 inches in my yard!

Or South Carolina.  Everytime we get an inch of snow the whole state shuts down, basically because people here can't drive in snow.  Even the next day, after it melts, places are still shut down (well, government offices, and I am a state employee.)  I miss real snowstorms, where it would take at leasst 6-8 inches for the schools to get shut down. (This was back in NY).  I love snow, and I ski!  Just dress warmly, then you won't be cold (and have a couple of hot toddies too).

Besides, even invisible monsters leave footprints in the snow.  Always an important consideration.
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2003, 07:17:05 AM »

>I too like snow, despite living in New England and driving a car, but right now it's
>really wearing out its welcome. We've had at least a foot and a half since
>Christmas, and it shows no sign of going away (as I type this, it's about six below
>zero).

What state are you in? I'm in CT and right now, we only have little patches of snow here and there, maybe 1/2 inch thick at most. The temperature is like 20 degrees.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snow « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.