Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:28:13 AM
715345 Posts in 53132 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2124525 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1440 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »

Head: the monkees -  This is hard to review.  On the one hand it has alot of the color and wackiness of the monkees long running tv show and the "experimental"  elements are  occasionaly clever.  On the other hand,  it's got more than enough of the by now bitter monkees whining abuot how they were a fabricated boy band and the plot if there is one makes no sense.   bratty, self indulgent, but what's left of that monkees physical goof ball comedy and so forth works.  a high point is a cameo by heavyweight boxer Sonny Liston , not really anyhting he does it's just cool that he's in it.   great movie to talk over and point at but if you actually watch it you might find it annoying.

a mixed bag, I think that's the expression.  some decent musical numbers but nothing as good as daydream believer or one of the other famous Boyce Hart gems.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1441 on: August 19, 2009, 06:55:41 AM »

Bloodlines (2007) - A girl is kidnapped by inbred hillbilly's - wow, the originality!  They've kidnapped several other girls as well, all for breeding purposes.  Unfortunately for the hillbilly's, their latest victim has two brothers who are macho paramilitary types.  When I say macho, I mean one of them gets an arrow through the arm, breaks it off, and plunges it into the forehead of his attacker.  The good:  Excellent atmosphere, you can almost smell the body odor coming off these people.  The bad characters are great, really sick psychos, well written and acted.  The soundtrack is excellent for the most part.  Plot moves along at a good pace.  The bad:  The good girl is just soooooo good.  Aw c'mon, gimme a break.  The movie would have been a lot better if she had a more interesting personality.  It's gets a bit cheesy, especially near the end.  The dialogue is way too soft compared to the rest of the soundtrack on the DVD.  Overall, 3.5/5.  If you're looking for an inbred hillbilly movie, you could certainly do a lot worse.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1442 on: August 19, 2009, 07:11:27 AM »

Alien
4/5

Aliens
5/5

Alien3
4/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #1443 on: August 19, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »

Grace~ A pregnant woman gets in a car accident and is told that her baby is dead, she decides to carry it anyway and its stillborn but somehow comes back to life with a taste for human blood.  Lookingup   So many things wrong this movie.*spoilers*

They dont explain anything about how or why this happened to the baby but kind of hint around at it. She is a vegan and so is her cat apparently. At one point the cat is killing rats and her husband explains that its because the cat is only given soy milk. so, im assuming since she only had a vegan diet while pregnant they are saying thats why the baby wants blood.  Question  The MIL in this movie is one of the most bizarre characters i have seen in a long time. After her son is killed in the accident she becomes obsessed with breast feeding... its weird and made me extremely uncomfortable.

Is the baby dead or alive? Is it all in her head? well you dont really know until close to the end.  The baby has flies all around it and it smells so im thinking its dead but then other people actually hear the baby crying so its not all in her head. then why does the baby stink and have flies all around it?  After it was over all i could say is WTF was that!  Bluesad

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1444 on: August 19, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »

Head: the monkees -  This is hard to review.  On the one hand it has alot of the color and wackiness of the monkees long running tv show and the "experimental"  elements are  occasionaly clever.  On the other hand,  it's got more than enough of the by now bitter monkees whining abuot how they were a fabricated boy band and the plot if there is one makes no sense.   bratty, self indulgent, but what's left of that monkees physical goof ball comedy and so forth works.  a high point is a cameo by heavyweight boxer Sonny Liston , not really anyhting he does it's just cool that he's in it.   great movie to talk over and point at but if you actually watch it you might find it annoying.

a mixed bag, I think that's the expression.  some decent musical numbers but nothing as good as daydream believer or one of the other famous Boyce Hart gems.

You failed to note that one of the writers of this film was Jack Nicholson.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:33:24 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1445 on: August 19, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »

it had writers??  Buggedout
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1446 on: August 19, 2009, 05:29:42 PM »

Bloodlines (2007) - A girl is kidnapped by inbred hillbilly's - wow, the originality!  They've kidnapped several other girls as well, all for breeding purposes.  Unfortunately for the hillbilly's, their latest victim has two brothers who are macho paramilitary types.  When I say macho, I mean one of them gets an arrow through the arm, breaks it off, and plunges it into the forehead of his attacker.  The good:  Excellent atmosphere, you can almost smell the body odor coming off these people.  The bad characters are great, really sick psychos, well written and acted.  The soundtrack is excellent for the most part.  Plot moves along at a good pace.  The bad:  The good girl is just soooooo good.  Aw c'mon, gimme a break.  The movie would have been a lot better if she had a more interesting personality.  It's gets a bit cheesy, especially near the end.  The dialogue is way too soft compared to the rest of the soundtrack on the DVD.  Overall, 3.5/5.  If you're looking for an inbred hillbilly movie, you could certainly do a lot worse.

I actually have a review of that one somewhere here on the site.  It was pretty good for a CMH movie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1447 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »

Do or Die (1985)- Circus Circus might well be attracted to Donna Spier and some of the other awesomely 80's chicks in this movie but I cannot fairly say that I really am.  This is a bit of a misfire from Mssr Sidaris.  It's got the pattented Bombs, babes and bottles or whatever it is but it's not up to the standards of "Hard ticket to hawaii", the greatest movie ever made or even "Picasso Trigger".  Still, if you are going to watch a clunker, let it be an Andy Sidaris one as there are plenty of gun fights, silicon enhanced nudity and if you act now, Pat Morita and Erik Estrada. 3/5
3mnkids

« Reply #1448 on: August 20, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »

The Fall~ set in a hospital during the 1920's. An injured stuntman and a little girl with a broken arm become friends and he tells her a story about 5 heroes.

Its by far the most visually stunning movie i have ever seen.  Its not a movie for everyone but i loved it.

iO0LYcCoeJY

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1449 on: August 20, 2009, 04:13:32 PM »

Martyrs- Thumbup Thought this was great, but noticed that opinion is really divided on this movie and can see why.

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1450 on: August 21, 2009, 08:36:53 AM »

3mnkids- the stuntman lee Pace was in a crazy movie called "Soldiers girl" as a transexual who romances a soldier.  If you don't mind somwething a little edgy and about 1/100 of the budget of the Fall check it out

MST3K Prince of Space-  What's remarkable about this is that it's not really at all remarkable but is an entertaining and satisfactory entry  which I would recommed to anyone.
Pilgermann

« Reply #1451 on: August 21, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

The H-Man - Ishiro Honda's film about Blob-like men created by radiation has some neat effects but it's lacking in plot despite incorporating the mob and stolen drugs.  The scenes of people dissolving into blue, bubbling slime are unsettling, but the climax was kind of whimpy.  Not one of his better movies but I'd still recommend it to fans of Honda's films.

Plan 9 from Outer Space -- At long last I've seen this movie and it did not disappoint me!  I loved it!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1452 on: August 21, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT-the remake.
Just as f**ked up as the original-but no chainsaw. Very unpleasent. Like the original. But doesn't have the low budget cheese factor. The Low Budget Cheese Factor actually contributes to the scarieness of the old 70's splatter films. I knew I was watching a big money movie. The original,DONT LOOK IN THE BASEMENT,The TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE,DERANGED-they benifited from their low budgets-once you take exploitation films and spend millions of dollars in remaking them-they loose their 'charm'.( To use that word loosley.)

Original LAST HOUSE trailer

Small | Large

New Last House trailer-

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
3mnkids

« Reply #1453 on: August 22, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

3mnkids- the stuntman lee Pace was in a crazy movie called "Soldiers girl" as a transexual who romances a soldier.  If you don't mind somwething a little edgy and about 1/100 of the budget of the Fall check it out

I will add it to my watch list. Sounds interesting. I thought Pace was great in the fall and would like to see more of him.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1454 on: August 23, 2009, 07:12:44 AM »

Star Slammer (1987) - In a low budget future, some girl is arrested and put in the Star Slammer, a big prison spaceship.  It's sort of a women in prison movie, but with only two boobs.  You get to see them twice though.  It's just dopey as all get out.  "Relentlessly stupid" as it says on the IMDb.  Here's a message for Fred Olen Ray:  Your movies are plenty stupid to start with.  When you add intentional humor on top of that, it turns them into complete crap.  2/5.

Turbulence 3:  Heavy Metal (2001) - A heavy metal band is giving a concert onboard a 747, and devil worshippers take over the plane and try to crash it into Kentucky.  This had a fairly good budget compared to most of the junk I watch.  I guess the plot moved along pretty well, and it followed the usual routine for all these trouble-in-the-air movies.  It didn't go the cheesy route, which is to say, it could have used some boobs.  It actually had a 6.1 soundtrack  TeddyR  The music was fairly good, acting was decent, it just wasn't terribly interesting.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.