Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 08:55:43 AM
715292 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123919 times)
claws
« Reply #4020 on: August 16, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »

Final Exam (1981)

A silent madman slashes his way through students learning for their final exam.
Sorority pranks, jock-a***oles, semi-horny females, nerds and long walks between class, the cafeteria and the dorm. It's like Revenge of the Nerds except this was filmed 3 years prior. Final Exam pretty much fails as a solid and good atmospheric slasher yet there's still a certain charm thanks to the character Radish (inspiration for Randy in Scream). One can't help but to giggle at his antics while questioning his sexual orientation. If anything, Radish is the first Nerd in a mainstream movie so that should count for something. The rest is a Halloween knock off and not a clever one, but still an amusing time waster thanks to Radish. 3.5/5

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

5/5. Seriously, what else to say about this gem?

Vik
« Reply #4021 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Loved this, especially being an alien/UFO obsesse.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4022 on: August 16, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

The Magnetic Monster (1953): Dr. Jeffrey Stewart (Richard Carlson) and Dr. Dan Forbes (King Donovan), agents for the Office of Scientific Investigation (O.S.I.) are sent to investigate several severe magnetic disturbances eventually learning that a new unstable radioactive element is responsible, one multiplying and growing more powerful everyday and if not contained might hold the potential for massive worldwide destruction. Stewart and Forbes and a massive computer brain nicknamed M.A.N.I.A.C. race against time to stop this unseen force before it's too late.

Now I have no idea with regards to the science presented here but it does seem like most of it is rather questionable nowadays although at the time this was made, it may well have been an hard science fiction thriller from the minds of Curt Siodmak and Ivan Tors. Nevertheless this was an enjoyable watch and likely would greatly appeal to most fans of 1950s science fiction. It has likable leads in Carlson and Donovan and an interesting and certainly rather unusual for the time villain. Aside from a few slow moments in the middle, this once had me hooked till the end. I really enjoyed it, it is truly a science fiction film. ***1/2 out of ***** stars

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
claws
« Reply #4023 on: August 17, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »

Eden Lake (2008) Blu-ray (Region B)

Couple on weekend vacation are terrorized by a group of young teens.
Intense and disturbing shocker. Seen it twice but the ending still manages to haunt me. Not for the squeamish. 4.5/5

Vinyan (2008) Blu-ray (Region B)

Wealthy couple who helped building an orphanage in Thailand after the tsunami are searching for their missing son.
Psychological horror with exotic location. Well done and acted. Kind of works like the light version of Antichrist (2009). 4/5
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4024 on: August 17, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »

Vigilante (1983).  Really bad acting and silly action in this predictable Death Wish-type movie, with a blue-collar vigilante squad busting up pimps, drug dealers, and rapist/murderers who recently killed the son of one of them.  Impossible to take seriously for the above reasons.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4025 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:19 AM »

The Angry Red Planet (1959) - some folks go to Mars, and encounter a rat/bat/spider creature that's pretty cool.  Other than that, about 80% of the movie is these people standing around their 1950's style spaceship and talking.  Man, was I ever yawning my head off   TeddyR  2.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4026 on: August 17, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »

Scott Pilgirm Vs. The World

Nerdy bass player gets a girl and has to fight her seven evil exes. In 'beat 'em up' style.

3.5/5

Waitress

The life of a diner waitress and her dilmemas with her needy, loser husband and pregancy.

4/5

Lake Mungo

A documentry style chiller film about a girl that drowned and the events afterwards...

4/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4027 on: August 17, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »

One Two Three (1961)
This is one of the most irratating films I've ever seen from the classic era. I had a few laughs here and there, but man...EVERY SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE IN THIS FILM WAS SCREAMED!
It got really annoying after awhile, to where I wanted to turn it off after awhile. I like and love The Apartment, Some Like it Hot, Sunset Boulevard, The Major and the Minor, Ace in the Hole, Avanti, Seven Year Itch, Irma Da Louce...What went wrong with this one? I wanted to like it, but hopefully it'll be better if I revisit it someday (since it's beloved as much as it is). The pacing doesn't help with this either because Wilder paces his actors at screwball levels, but the movie just lurches from one scene to the next like a crippled slug. The result is just exhausting. It's also a hateful film that thinks that being obnoxious is satire.
5/10
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:06:00 PM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Vik
« Reply #4028 on: August 17, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Awesome of course  TongueOut
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4029 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

MOMENT OF TRUTH: THE ANDY MEYERS STORY (2010): Mockumentary about a director planning to film a depressed middle-aged man committing suicide.  There's a great performance by sexagenarian newcomer Rick Haymes as the dim and likable Andy Meyers, and the film gets in some low-key satirical jabs at the film industry, but after an interesting setup it fails to push the premise to outrageous lengths, drags in some scenes, and totally loses momentum in the third act.  It's still a success for a first film, though.  2.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4030 on: August 18, 2011, 12:29:26 PM »

One Two Three (1961)
This is one of the most irratating films I've ever seen from the classic era. I had a few laughs here and there, but man...EVERY SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE IN THIS FILM WAS SCREAMED!
It got really annoying after awhile, to where I wanted to turn it off after awhile. I like and love The Apartment, Some Like it Hot, Sunset Boulevard, The Major and the Minor, Ace in the Hole, Avanti, Seven Year Itch, Irma Da Louce...What went wrong with this one? I wanted to like it, but hopefully it'll be better if I revisit it someday (since it's beloved as much as it is). The pacing doesn't help with this either because Wilder paces his actors at screwball levels, but the movie just lurches from one scene to the next like a crippled slug. The result is just exhausting. It's also a hateful film that thinks that being obnoxious is satire.
5/10

Dude, every line was screamed because it was set in Germany and as we all know, German sounds just like English EXCEPT MUCH LOUDER!!!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4031 on: August 18, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »

One Two Three (1961)
5/10

Dude, every line was screamed because it was set in Germany and as we all know, German sounds just like English EXCEPT MUCH LOUDER!!!

You know, now that you mention it, I remember hearing a guy whisper in German once and at first thought he was talking at normal volume.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #4032 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:07 AM »

Orphan (2009) Blu-ray

I still think Esther would give the Bad Seed a run for the money if she wasn't ... *won't spoil*
Twisted but decent horror thriller with lots of heart and soul. Rare in today's movies. And how can you not like Esther? Such a class act. 4.5/5

Dorothy Mills (2008) Blu-ray (Region B)

Evil child movie with yet another twist. Enjoyable and creepy, but sadly overlooked. 4.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4033 on: August 19, 2011, 06:42:58 AM »

Chickboxer (1992) - See this?

Call me stupid, but when I see a babe in a silver sports bra on the cover, I expect something like that to actually be IN the movie.  No, this isn't about "Chickboxer", this is about a dumpy looking high school girl who watches a show on TV called Chickboxer (oh man, if we would have actually gotten to SEE the TV show, it would have been 10 times better than this movie).  So dumpy girl is really into this show, and she takes a karate class.  Ever seen one of those aerobics shows on TV where they do cardio kickboxing?  Imagine the beginner version - no, imagine the senior citizen version of that.  She eventually uncovers some plot having to do with the mayor getting involved with drug dealers in order to finance his election campaign...or something like that.  Then she uses her remarkable karate skills to, um... oh, you've just got to see it to believe it.  But the movie is mostly dumpy girl and her friend sitting around her bedroom talking.

Oh, I guess it had a little Z-grade charm.  It wasn't a total waste of my 80 cents   TeddyR  2.75/5.  And I'm being a wee bit generous there   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #4034 on: August 19, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »

BounceGiggle

Well, if you make it through the opening credits (shoes!) you might as well watch the whole darn thing  Wink
Glad you got something out of it. Kinda  TeddyR
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.