Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:02:21 AM
714917 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Saved Hitlers Brain « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They Saved Hitlers Brain  (Read 1118 times)
Scott
« on: May 12, 2002, 09:27:02 PM »

Just viewed THEY SAVED HITLERS BRAIN, well just because they put something on film dosn't make it a movie. This is an awful piece of junk. The grimacing scenes of Hitlers head in a jar might make a good Saturday Night Live skit and maybe even a good movie if some else had made it. Don't waste your time on this "film".  - *

The cover sheet on the disc read "They saved Hitlers brain and now its giving orders on a Carribean Island." This line cracked me up and I thought I might be in for a good one, but wow was I dissappointed.
Will
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2002, 10:11:27 AM »

Truly stated, Scott.  How can you screw up such a great bad movie premise?  Well, they figured out how.  Truly painful to watch, and that's no compliment.  I bought it for the title, and kept it for the title, but I shan't view it again.
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2002, 02:15:16 PM »

It certainly seems to be two (maybe even three) films tacked together and does end up being quite a snooze-fest.  Of note: the animated menu on the DVD makes Hitler's head far more amusing than the movie ever did, even though "he" did make me laugh by grimacing once during the movie.

One second thought, I was probably grasping for some sort of entertainment after suffering deprivation for an hour.

Andrew
jmc
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2002, 08:05:57 AM »

I know they filmed quite a bit of the footage afterward.  I couldn't even get through it.  It was too bad for even me!
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2002, 08:25:39 AM »

Long, long ago, Lorraine Newman of SNL hosted a Mystery Science Theater-like show called The Canned Film Festival, which introduced me to They Saved Hitler's Brain. Because the show was only an hour long, and the bad movies they ripped on often had great boring patches, only parts of the films were highlighted while the "audience"--regulars who did skits, like Joel, Mike, and the 'bots would years later--kept us up-to-date.

None of that for Hitler's Brain. Lorraine--playing the theater's manager and usherette--explained to her patrons that the ENTIRE FIRST TWO REELS had "been lost," and related the missing plot to them in the space of three sentences--one of which was, "And then the elephant died, the one exposed to the deadly Z-gas!!" This allowed viewers to enjoy the Hitler-in-a-jar scenes in all their "glory." Oh, Gawd, human beings made this crap. We should all be ashamed.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2002, 08:35:12 AM »

Uh, that was Laraine Newman, not Lorraine. You can find a couple of references to the CFF if you check Google, but they're mixed in with others about a more recent charity event also called The Canned Film Festival. The bad-movie-related one ran in 1986 or so, and I think it ran for twelve or thirteen episodes. The fact that a handful of us remember it today says something about it, yes? Even if it's not covered in the IMDB... They covered Robot Monster, Bride of the Monster, and Project Moonbase, among other stinkers, and it was the first time I had seen many of them.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2002, 10:47:09 AM »

Yes, but at what percentage rate? Does that include refrigeration costs? And what swiss bank currently keep the noggins of defeated dictators on stock?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Saved Hitlers Brain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.