Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:30:44 PM
714867 Posts in 53112 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Justin Beiber song slowed down 800% becomes epic ethereal new age soundtrack « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Justin Beiber song slowed down 800% becomes epic ethereal new age soundtrack  (Read 2659 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

http://gawker.com/5614579/how-to-make-justin-bieber-sound-incredible-slow-him-down-800-percent

I'm a third of the way thoough this and I feel like I've been in a cigarette ad all day
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »

at 2/3 of the way through this track I've become a totally different person
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »

It's incredible how slowing down can make someone not suck.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »

It's incredible how slowing down can make someone not suck.

Which leaves me wondering: If I speed Justin Beiber up, will that make him suck even more? (Shudder). I don't think I'm going to try.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

Funny comment someone posted there:

"Oh my God... it's full of stars..."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

Still not as good as hearing the bottle hitting is head in that new video out there now.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »

time-stretched by 800%, not slowed down.

worth pointing out imo

slowed down by that amount it would be virtually inaudible

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »

DCA -correct. science isn't really my strong suit
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »

time-stretched by 800%, not slowed down.

worth pointing out imo

slowed down by that amount it would be virtually inaudible

Yep. I use time stretching for learning music. I play (or try to, anyway) Irish traditional music. Not songs, but the type of stuff the trad dancers dance to, jigs, reels, etc. Reels in particular are very fast. I take recordings of tunes I want to learn and, using Audacity, which is free, I time stretch the tunes to about 75% of their normal speed so I can actually learn the tunes by playing along, then I speed it up. I'm surprised more musicians don't use this approach for learning fast pieces. It works.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:34 PM »

Yep. I use time stretching for learning music. I play (or try to, anyway) Irish traditional music. Not songs, but the type of stuff the trad dancers dance to, jigs, reels, etc. Reels in particular are very fast. I take recordings of tunes I want to learn and, using Audacity, which is free, I time stretch the tunes to about 75% of their normal speed so I can actually learn the tunes by playing along, then I speed it up. I'm surprised more musicians don't use this approach for learning fast pieces. It works.
interesting, never heard of anyone using it for that purpose. I suppose it makes sense really, if you don't have the tabs

got a prog called cool edit pro that lets you do it, weird thing is it never does it perfectly and always leaves weird clicks and pops which is a bit annoying

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »

interesting, never heard of anyone using it for that purpose. I suppose it makes sense really, if you don't have the tabs

got a prog called cool edit pro that lets you do it, weird thing is it never does it perfectly and always leaves weird clicks and pops which is a bit annoying

I've never had that problem with the clicks and pops, or at least not to the extent that it caused problems. I do it because I hate tabs. I think tabs have removed alot of the soul out of music. Not that playing along with a recording is as good as jamming with someone or learning from a teacher or another player, but, in my humble opinion, it's better than tab. I'm talking about it from a Irish trad perspective, however, so that's a factor. Irish trad should NEVER be learned from sheet music or tab. It just goes against the spirit of the music and most trad player can tell the difference between someone who learned from playing and someone who learned from sheet music or tab. It's a feel thing.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »

hehe. If you want to know how many Justin Beibers you could take in a fight, take the quiz! Funny stuff.

http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/justin_bieber

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »

I've never had that problem with the clicks and pops, or at least not to the extent that it caused problems. I do it because I hate tabs. I think tabs have removed alot of the soul out of music. Not that playing along with a recording is as good as jamming with someone or learning from a teacher or another player, but, in my humble opinion, it's better than tab. I'm talking about it from a Irish trad perspective, however, so that's a factor. Irish trad should NEVER be learned from sheet music or tab. It just goes against the spirit of the music and most trad player can tell the difference between someone who learned from playing and someone who learned from sheet music or tab. It's a feel thing.
yeah I hear you...good point, tabs are a bit soulless tbh. I know some people prefer to learn that way but it's very technical, not really what music's about

btw might have to try the time expand thing on audacity seeing as it's free. cool-edit cost loads and it can't seem to get it right, lol

Luna
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »

yeah I hear you...good point, tabs are a bit soulless tbh. I know some people prefer to learn that way but it's very technical, not really what music's about

btw might have to try the time expand thing on audacity seeing as it's free. cool-edit cost loads and it can't seem to get it right, lol

If you're running Windows or Linux you can just use what they did on this Bieber song:  http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

It's linked on the original page.  :)

As for this song, it sounds like something I would have sold at the new age store where I worked once upon a time.  Sort of like a seashore relaxation tape with whale songs.  Amazingly more listenable than the original, eerie, ambient stuff.
akiratubo

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »

Is it bad that I don't know who Justin Bieber is?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Justin Beiber song slowed down 800% becomes epic ethereal new age soundtrack « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.