Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:27:09 AM
715099 Posts in 53119 Topics by 7755 Members
Latest Member: Independentbbz
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  While Scott is away... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: While Scott is away...  (Read 10160 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 12:17:22 PM »

I misread that the first time. Then I realized that you had typed 'clone'. Either way, it made sense. (:

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 12:00:06 AM »

Well, how about that. A tribute page !

Went to Southern California for vacation from Los Angeles, La Jolla, San Diego, Palm Springs, and Joshua Tree National Park during my daughters Spring break.

When on the Palm Springs Aerial Tram to a mountain peak in San Jacinto State Park at about 10,000 ft.. elevation. The snow up there was 3 feet deep and a guy approaches me just to inform me that I look like Bill Gates.

About those Westerns TrekGeezer I often day dream about sitting on the porch of a dusty wind swept town somewhere out West and tossing a young boy a whole quarter to take my horse to the stable while I take a look around town, but I don't think I'll be joining the Villiage People.................. : )

For the record Menard I've been watching about 17 films a month for the last two months. Previous to Febuary I have was on a streak of about 1 movie a day for about 6 months. In previous post I've done all the math concerning the time and such involved in such a project.

I might be seeing only about half the movies a month for now on as I'm spending about 15 hours a week at the local gym weight training, yoga, tai chi, and martial arts at a reasonable price for the whole family, so I finally get to participate more, but I've always worked out at home to some degree with my basics like sit-ups, push-ups, jump rope, martial arts, and jogging when the weather is decent.

Travel, books, writing, fitness, and music are also good things to do with your spare time. Those typos/mistakes Menard are just plain bad spelling and grammer. : ) I'm basically a  self-educated person and have delved deeply into most subjects and aspects of life. I believe in cultivating a broad range of interest. My studies and self-realization have taken me far beyond geekdom. : )

The type of movies I've been watching lately Rich Andrini are simply the ones I haven't seen yet as I don't like to repeat since there are so many films in the world. I really don't have a very big collection. Maybe 100 films at the most on my shelve and I have a simple flat wide screen 30 + inch TV and $100 DVD player. My spending habits for movies are rather frugal believe it or not. Did you like Shiver of the Vampire and the other film Rich?

I"m famous for making list and planning out future projects of study. Alot of my plans reach as far as 15 years from now and I allow time for the unexpected. For the most part everthing is on a loose timetable.

Well, I just want to thank everyone for the fun and friendly comments. I got a giant kick out of them. Thanks again.

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 12:10:18 AM »

I read his book, the magnificent bastard...

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 12:13:29 AM »

To answer your question Scott I thought Shiver of the Vampires was ok and Blind Beast I really enjoyed. That studio he had we really creepy and I like the whole getting back to our primal roots theme.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 12:17:34 AM »

Yep, I thought they were both very good. THE BLIND BEAST was original. Never saw a film quite like that one.

odinn7

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 12:20:26 AM »

Let this topic be a warning to you all...never, ever post on this board that you will be going away for awhile lest you come back to something like this!

Good to see you writing your mini reviews again Scott.  I hope you had a good time on your vacation. Now...get back to viewing those movies!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Menard
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 12:25:24 AM »

Did you notice how Scott (heh..heh) carefully removed the link to his previous vacation photos before he left? It's almost like he expected someone to download and edit them for re-posting. I don't know who would have had an idea like that. (:

Scott

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 12:28:11 AM »

The book is actually on it's way. Right now its called THE BOOK OF THE 3RD DAY (a.k.a. The Book of Scott) : )

Scott

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 12:30:08 AM »

Yep Odinn7 it's time to get back to work. I'm running out of films to view, but I do have about 350 films qued up on Netflix. That might take me a while.

Scott

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 12:36:14 AM »

Once I read about someone who's eyelids were removed and they went insane for real because they couldn't close their eyes for sleep. That's a scary thought, but then I thought all they would have to do is wear eye patches to cover up when sleeping.

Menard
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 12:40:33 AM »

Dang...that many movies could take up to two weeks. (:

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 07:19:09 AM »

If your entertainment expenditures are frugal Scott, mine are downright cheap. I really don't have a lot of money to spend on that type of stuff and it is only one of my interests. I usually try to see what's in the cheapie bin where ever I go.

I like you am pretty much self educated, my Mom and Dad instilled the love of reading in us when we were growing up (classic tv viewing too). I figure I haven't had a good day unless I learn something new.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 11:01:28 PM »

I agree with the learning something new everyday philosophy TrekGeezer. My mom didn't teach me much, but did teach me how to use a library as I spent much time in libraries as a youth. She taught me how to find information if I needed it.

The weird thing about TV is that nobody in my family ever watched much TV. Seemed to find this outlet on my own. I think I hogged the TV with Baseball games, Monster Movies, War movies, and Prime Time favorites. : )

Menard
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 10:20:08 AM »

Just because Scott is back, it does not mean we have to stop roasting him (heh..heh..heh).

odinn7

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 10:56:01 AM »

Hey, I just thought of something, maybe we should be extra nice to Scott. He may really be Bill Gates and he's just trying to fit in here by being one of us. He may also be picking one of us to give some of his fortune to...
Hey Scott, buddy, about those comments I made earlier...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  While Scott is away... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.