Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:49:26 PM
715256 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123548 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1365 on: July 21, 2009, 06:35:44 AM »

They Came from Beyond Space (1967) - Scientists are sent to investigate a strange formation of meteorites which has landed in the English countryside.  Next thing you know, all the scientists are acting strangely - they've been possessed by aliens!  This started off pretty good, like a serious alien invasion film, but in the last 20 minutes it descends into total cheese.  That's okay by me though  TeddyR Very good characters, good pacing, lots of beautiful English rural scenery, and lots of funky '60s music.  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1366 on: July 21, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »

Condor heroes (chinese tv series) - It was interesting to see what was going on in the world of martial arts entertianment but I wasn't in to this.  I prefer the older hong kong versions to the mainland productions.  they were more sophisticated, artistically and otherwise. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1367 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:06 AM »

life in a ....metro (2008) -  this has that most beautiful woman in the world bollywood actress in it.  The one Richard Gere pawed at  at some sort of event in India and offended them and shamed America.  She's well cast as one half of a wealthy high powered sort of couple with marital problems.  This movie is like "unfaithful" meets "Leave it to Beaver" or something.  It's very sanitized and shmaltzy but I still liked it.  Her sister is played by this actress i've been following and that's why i rented it.  She blew me away in "15 park avenue" a movie about mental illness where she played a schizophrenic  so I've been watchign all her stuff, even the ones that make no sense to me.   It kind of reminded me of Chuck Norris,  like you can't believe they are going to do this corny cliched thing but then you are totally psyched when they do it, in this case it's discoverying true love and risking their status quo rather than machine gunning dozens of people in an enemy camp or something.  None of the famous bollywood musical numbers but it frequently cuts to a strange looking rock trio as a means of passing the times between scenes which works well. 4/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1368 on: July 22, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (1975): Straight laced couple Brad and Janet fall into the clutches of a transvestite from Transylvania.  And it's a musical!  Without the audience participation ritual, this is a mixed bag: some good, colorful, brash ideas, a great performance by Tim Curry, and one knockout musical number.  On the other hand, the plot falls to pieces at the end, most of the songs range from awful to forgettable, and the comedy is almost non-existent: there's a reason the audience had to make up its own jokes.  Definitely not for the homophobic.  3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #1369 on: July 24, 2009, 08:42:48 AM »

I just saw Theordore Rex for the first time last night.

Ho.

Lee.

Kuh.

Rap.

I liked it.

What's wrong with me ?

I didn't say it WAS crap, I just said "holy crap!"

Because, seriously... holy crap!!!

Whoopi Goldberg, in skintight black spandex (oh christ! my eyes! my eyes!!!), in a futuristic buddy cop movie, wherein the the set designer was apparently the same guy who thought up Discovery Zone, teaming up with a talking dinosaur who loves cookies.

Ho.

Lee.

Kuh.

Rap.

For the record, I actually did enjoy this movie quite a bit, although I honestly didn't think I would that much. I saw it at Big Lots on DVD for 3 bucks, and figured "why not?" On a side note, that was actually a reeeeally good day to be in Big Lots. I picked up a bunch of DVDs for 3 bucks a pop, including Pan's Labyrinth, the complete Volume 1 of Popeye The Sailor (1933-1938), Suburban Commando (Hulk Hogan as a space soldier and Christopher Lloyd as his nebbish Earthling landlord? ...be still, my beating heart!), and a couple other things, including, yes, Theodore Rex. But, getting back to the dino movie in question, I was genuinely surprised that I ended up enjoying this movie as much as I did, especially considering I freakin' hated Adventures In Dinosaur City (::vomit::).

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1370 on: July 24, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »

Thanks to a faulty power cord for my modem I was without internet for a couple of days so I watched movies.

In a good vs evil mood first.

The prophecy~ I love Christopher Walken and Viggo Mortensen is the sexiest devil ever.

Constantine~ not a fan of Keanu Reeves and I think he was wrong for this role but I do enjoy the movie. Except for the girl who is possessed and is crawling on the ceiling...and I wish Djimon Hounsou was in more scenes.

Gabriel~ This is my favorite of the 3. Its a low budget aussie flick but it looks great and has some freaky scenes.

on too dark comedy

Death at a funeral~ I never get tired of this movie. Uncle Alfie is hilarious

The cottage~  My family doesnt understand my love of this movie.   I like all the characters and lmao every time I watch it. Jennifer Ellison as foul mouthed Tracey cracks me up.

I wanted to watch shaun of the dead next but was not only overruled but told that If I just had to have a shaun of the dead fix I should go read the comics and to step away from the dvd player. only not said as nicely.   Question

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1371 on: July 25, 2009, 05:27:52 AM »

Punisher War Zone:

Frank Castle, he is big on killing, not big on tolerance.

He is really unlikeable, and not in a Judge Dredd (2000AD, not the moive) kinda way where they're unlikable but interesting and, occasionally, quite funny. He is just unlikeable. At least Tom Jane made him seem like he was suffering, this new guy is so dull I think he's only killing because he's bored.

Certain scenes remided me of Batman. Good villian makeup, though.

2.5/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1372 on: July 25, 2009, 06:50:49 AM »

Ghost of the Needle (2003) - A serial killer slowly goes insane due to his paranoia about getting caught.  Most of the movie consists of him narrowly avoiding being found out, which immediately thrusts him into another situation that he didn't have much time to think about, so he nearly gets caught again, etc.  A pretty good screenplay leading to a moderately effective psychological thriller overall.  The big problem is that there's no central character for you to care about, so it's entirely plot based.  For a zero budget Asylum flick, it wasn't bad.  Acting was competent, some even good, the sets established a somewhat uneasy atmosphere, and it kept me moderately interested.  3/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1373 on: July 25, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »

The Punisher (2004)
4/5
I like this a lot.
 Sure, the dialogue can be a little cunky and it doesn't have the budget it would like, but it's a good'un.
Thomas Jane is The Punisher !!

Frank Castle gets his whole bloodline wiped out in a mob killing. He goes to get revenge. Yeah, it's not big on original ideas but it's a lot of fun and the music is great, it's like watching a modern western.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #1374 on: July 25, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »

Punisher War Zone:

Frank Castle, he is big on killing, not big on tolerance.

He is really unlikeable, and not in a Judge Dredd (2000AD, not the moive) kinda way where they're unlikable but interesting and, occasionally, quite funny. He is just unlikeable. At least Tom Jane made him seem like he was suffering, this new guy is so dull I think he's only killing because he's bored.

Certain scenes remided me of Batman. Good villian makeup, though.

2.5/5

was it just me or were the accents just awful in this?

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1375 on: July 25, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »

RENO 911: MIAMI (2007):  In Miami for a police convention, six misfits from Reno sheriff's department must protect the entire city when the local police force is quarantined due to a terrorist threat.  Other than a little more blood and sex, and cameos from Danny de Vito and the Rock, this could have been three episodes of the TV show.  It's still pretty funny stuff for fans of this COPS parody, though I don't think it would convert anyone who's not already a fan.  3/5.

CITY OF LOST CHILDREN (1995): A mad genius is stealing the dreams of children in a steampunk fairy tale city; dim strongman Ron Perlman teams up with a streetwise urchin to get his little brother back.  Amazing visuals, amazing characters, amazing Santa Clause nightmare, and an amazing "butterfly effect" scene where a girl's tear ends up saving her from certain death--just an amazing film all around.  Disappointing to see the version they put on Fearnet; not just that it's shown full-screen with commercials and that ugly logo, but it's dubbed, and the dubbing did not match my idea of how the characters should sound at all.  Still, the movie rates a 4.5/5.

MST3K: SHORTS VOLUME 1:  It's too bad so many of these shorts turned up on future releases as parts of the regular episodes.  On the plus side, each short does have new material in the form of an introduction by Tom Servo, which the other shorts volumes lack. Worth watching for me to see "The Home Economics Story" again.  It has a line which stayed with me for years.  When young Kay goes away to college, the narrator asks questions like "Will she fit in?  Who will be her friends?"  Tom breaks in and asks the question that's really on everyone's mind: "Will she smoke thin black cigarettes and reject the triune God?"  BounceGiggle  3/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #1376 on: July 25, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »

Dark Remains~ a couple move to a cabin in the mountains after something tragic happens to them. The wife begins to see weird things and it turns out lots of people have died in and around the cabin..

The bad~ The acting is atrocious by everyone but especially the lead female character. Its so bad I was embarrassed for her. The "plot" isnt done very well leaving lots of questions and it felt thrown together.

The good~ Its creepy as hell.  im a big baby and am easily freaked out but it also freaked out my daughter and she is not easily startled.  There were a few scenes that I just couldn't watch. Not exactly body contorting but close enough to make me get up and go to another part of the house. They should start putting awkward body movements/contorting in the description along with nudity and language.

if you like ghost stories or startle easy its worth a watch just dont expect a masterpiece.

ETA~ There is a scene about 4-5 minutes in that almost made me shut the movie off.  Its thrown in only to shock I guess. Its disturbing to say the least.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:06:44 PM by 3mnkids » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1377 on: July 26, 2009, 06:47:41 AM »

Sunshine (2007) - The sun is burning out, so a spaceship with a nuke the size of Manhattan is sent to restart it.  Seven years earlier, an identical ship was sent, but it disappeared somewhere along the way.  This tries to be character driven, but the character development is poor.  I didn't find myself relating to these people at all.  Probably the worst part is that it never established any sort of suspension of diebelief - all sorts of things happen that just would not happen on a real space mission.  For instance, they change course, and the guy forgets to keep the heat shield aimed towards the sun.  Umm, nobody double-checked that?  So on a heat shield that's the size of Manhattan, four panels are damaged.  Actually it's just their hydraulic control system that needs to be fixed.  Um, four panels, out of about a million?  Then the back end of the ship gets burned off, and nobody notices.  No alarm sounds, nothing.  Later on the movie just completely stops making sense, and tries to introduce some sort of horror aspect into it?  I don't even know what the hell they were going for.  If you've got a surround sound system, this makes an excellent demo disc as all sorts of stuff blows up and makes all kinds of noise.  2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #1378 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »

Sunshine (2007) - ...  I don't even know what the hell they were going for....
    2.5/5.

I feel your pain! This movie was a sh*tty rip-off of Event Horizon and 2001 Space Odyssey...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1379 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »

This movie was a sh*tty rip-off of Event Horizon and 2001 Space Odyssey...

Precisely the way I felt  TeddyR  The characters are really what killed it for me, they were so undeveloped and interchangeable, and the whole movie depended on you "caring" about them.  Nope, not a chance. 

Crash and Burn (1990) - Watched this again, one of my favorite old Full Moon movies.  In a desolate future wasteland, corporations control the country, and of course there is a resistance movement, one member of whom is Pa Walton!  He runs a TV station and tries to broadcast his anti-corporate message.  Of course the corporation sends a human-looking cyborg to investigate and eliminate the problem.  Problem is, nobody knows who it is, until people start dying.  I really enjoy this movie, good characters, atmosphere, somewhat interesting plot, and a giant robot that finally is brought to life in th end!  Oh, and several hot babes as well  TeddyR 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.