Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 09:28:18 AM
715295 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123925 times)
Vik
« Reply #2535 on: July 04, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »

THE final destination 3D

Ugh.. Main thing that bothered me, this is the first thing I see in 3D (on my television) and it doesn't even work ! It was all red blue all the time and didn't feel 3D at all.
The movie, 73 minutes long, failed to entertain me even being so short. The worst of the series, wich is saying a lot. Horrible characters, I mean what do we know about the main character ? He's a nice guy, young and escaped death... Yeah, fascinating.
The kills were hilarious though. I mean:

************SPOILERALERT************

He got stuck in a 5 cm wide hole in a pool that sucked water ? I mean like, really ? Seriously ?

So yeah, didn't do it for me. Meh.
1/5

The spoiler thing really has happened to people. The suction is so strong it holds them down under the water and they either drown or can  have their insides sucked out. Scary.

Really ? Wow, it just seemed so impossible and unrealistic. Funny though.

Not to bring things down but: http://abigailtaylor.org/
As for The Final Destination, the Blu-ray 3D version worked perfectly fine on my HDTV, but the DVD 3D version looked like crap on my friends standard TV.

I've got a standard tv, that could be it. And yeah, 3mnkids already said it was possible, it just came off as totally unrealistic  Wink
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2536 on: July 05, 2010, 09:22:02 AM »

Splice~ oh my   Buggedout  This did hold my interest up until the last 20 minutes or so and then it lost me. The ending was awful.  Thumbdown   Its not a movie I would ever watch again.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2537 on: July 05, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

City for Conquest (1940)- due to the City in the title I thought this was film noir but it's not. It's corny in places the way old movies can be and shmaltzy as all hell toward the end but it was really good. Was I dissapointed there wasn't some guy walking around like "the Scream" painting looking for a fix or a dame or a dame with a fix for him? foaming at the mouth in a pile of darkness? Yes I was. Anyway, this was a good if normal movie, but normal for 1940 is pretty cool.

Cagney is a great boxer, but he doesn't even give a s**t about boxing, he just wants to hang out with his hot girlfriend Ann Sheridan, who really is as pretty as Bugs Bunny and co indicated in their 1940's parody cartoons I saw and somehow understood in in the 1980's. Like alot of people in New York, she wants to make it big and Cagney sees himself losing her to the world of competitive dancing. Cagneys brother is kind of mid way between both of them, he's ambitous but not as full on as Peg (Sheridan), so he is giving piano lessons and creating classy but unsaleable music in obscurity.

This definately has an A list feel and must have been a big hit. I can't really front on it even though it is not likely to become an all time favorite. If this is the golden age of Hollywood I can see why they call it that. I didn't want to strangle any of the actors, writers or the director really at all. If anything is noir about it it's the big boxing scene, which is rather excrutiating.

4.5/5

The Set Up (1949) - Scorcese does comentary for this. I didn't listen to it but it was probably talking about how Rocky is kind of influenced by it. It's good but a little overrated. Though they are apparently big time noir people the stars and the other actors aren't very noirry in this. Example: the woman is buying something at a stand and the price is $1.16 which is alot in 1950 I guess. She laughs and goes "with that price you should have a floor show".  To me in noir, she is supposed to SCOWL and say "with that price you outta have a floor show".  Everyone is too nice and it makes all the lines sound corny.

The movie is still good though, much of it taken up by the dramtic boxing match between Ryan as the old guy and some other guy as the hotshot newcomer. The result is given away in most plot descriptions. Nice details especially at the fight itself like the blind guy at ringside who is being given a play by play of the fight by the guy next to him, a guy with a radio listening to a baseball game while watching the fight, other stuff like that. I liked it and only 72 minutes long.

4/5
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:52:49 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2538 on: July 06, 2010, 06:29:59 AM »

A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1990) - in a post-apocalyptic future (aka out in the woods) a young couple are wandering around doing nothing.  They get in lots of really fake and boring fights with various mutants, and they encounter the occasional stop-motion animated dinosaur.  Eventually the girl gets kidnapped by a big thug and his mutated minions and the guy goes looking for her.  Lots more really fake fights follow.  The first half hour of this thing is just excruciatingly boring.  The title is a complete lie - the girl is neither a nympho nor a barbarian.  There's only a bout 2 seconds of nudity in the whole thing.  Oh, and in the future, even though people are can talk perfectly well, they rarely do.  Oh yeah, that really adds to the character development a whole lot  Lookingup  For a Troma movie, I guess it's impressive that it actually had somewhat of a budget;  probably more than the last 5 years worth of their movies combined.  It's totally cheesy and you get to see a fairly hot babe run around in a bikini for the whole movie, so I'll be generous and give it a 2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2539 on: July 06, 2010, 06:32:40 AM »

THE final destination 3D

Ugh.. Main thing that bothered me, this is the first thing I see in 3D (on my television) and it doesn't even work ! It was all red blue all the time and didn't feel 3D at all.

Maybe the batteries in your 3-D glasses need recharging?  I've heard of other people having similar problems and the general consensus seems to be that it's a problem with the glasses.

- Paulo Coelho
Vik
« Reply #2540 on: July 06, 2010, 07:00:34 AM »

THE final destination 3D

Maybe the batteries in your 3-D glasses need recharging?  I've heard of other people having similar problems and the general consensus seems to be that it's a problem with the glasses.

They're actually those paper glasses like this:
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2541 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel

Bonkers fun !
Three fellas find a leak in the space time continuum in a pub loo. With very funny results !
I'm not really sure what the actual plot is beyond that...

But it made me laugh.

3.75/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #2542 on: July 06, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel

Bonkers fun !
Three fellas find a leak in the space time continuum in a pub loo. With very funny results !
I'm not really sure what the actual plot is beyond that...

But it made me laugh.

3.75/5

I loved this movie.  TeddyR   My only complaint with it is the American woman from those stupid scary movie movies. She just was so wrong for the part that is was distracting. It is a very funny movie though.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2543 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »

Harlan Country USA (1976)- This is one of those documentaries you have to like or you're a bad person. I put off watching it for days because it seemed like it was going to be depressing. It WAS a little depressing but it was also good I have to admit.

While the coal companies profits increase 170% year over year in whatever year it was, the early 70's, the miners got a .4 % raise. the price of living increased .7%  The miners have been miners since forever and their grand dady was a miner and they are like f**k this and decide to unionize. The company says no and they have a really long strike.

I'm a big time free market guy so I was all prepared to hate on the strikers but they were cool. If rappers saw this they would stop using the expression "real" to describe themselves. Right away we see stuff like a woman bathing her kid in a tin bucket (the company won't spring for hot water in the houses), 100 year old men doing accapella miner songs, etc. What I liked was that they themselves were at the front and heart of the whole thing, despite some help from the UAW (whose mafiosa like inner politics are explored briefly) Theres no left wing scholar person intoning over the footage and no big hero lawyer or politcians whose bloviations we have to suffer through. You dont really get to know many of them specifically but you get to know the community and what it's like quite a bit. As you probably could guess ,they come off as likeable and honest.

Most of the film chronicles the escalating tensions between the strikers and the bosses and scabs. It starts off as trash talking, then the guns come out and things appear to be headed toward another episode like the one the older people in the community speak of in the 30's. No one wants to give an inch. In an inspired move, the workers travel from Kentucky to Wall Street to protest outside a shareholder meeting (the coal companies are all owned bt the gigantic oil companies) A great scene is when one of the miners educates a police officer about the dangers of coal mining "someone dies everyday for this power we all use".

Labor and so forth isn't really my thing, I'm more knowledgable about foreign policy and finance and so forth.  I don't know what the unions did to p**s people off so much , I'm sure some of it is blown out of proportion but there is a big difference in my mind between these folks and the teacher unions who get paid 80k with benefits for not teaching kids in NYC . I'm  glad I saw this and wonder what is going on in Harlan country today. road trip?

5/5 lol pretty much everythign I just said is in this trailer

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:01:38 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2544 on: July 06, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »

The Astro-Zombies (1968)  - A scientist uses some sort of mechanical brain control gizmo to create Astro Zombies.  Unfortunately he used some crazy guy for his first prototype, so it goes around killing people.  The CIA is trying to track the scientist down, and some foreign agents also want to obtain the technology.  This thing is a hoot.  Between the scientist's techno gibberish and all the hot babes and the utterly goofy looking zombies - a good time was had by all.  The last half hour is supposed to take place at night (I'm pretty sure) but it's obviously broad daylight.  They sort of shade every-other shot.  You could make a pretty wicked drinking game out of watching it go from day to night to day about 50 times in 10 minutes.  4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #2545 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »

In my sleep~ A sleepwalker wakes up in a cemetary in his underwear and is clueless about how he got  there, what he did...etc. Weird things start happening like a bloody knife showing up in his bedroom and he is covered in blood. His best friends wife ends up murdered..

After watching 45 minutes of this lifetime type movie I skipped to the last 10 minutes. The guy spends most of the first 45 minutes running around without a shirt and he looks very good    TeddyR  but um, that isnt really enough to hold my interest. It was slow and very boring. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2546 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:59 PM »

LIFE BLOOD (2010): The premise is that vampires are God's lesbian angels---literally.  Try to wrap your mind around that one.  Unfortunately, despite the straight-faced but wacko setup, it plays out like a standard, predictable vampire B-movie in its last two-thirds.  TO JACK: only a little bit of nudity, but lots of lingerie and tight tank tops.  It's available on Netflix streaming for those who are interested.  2.5/5.  
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:38:55 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2547 on: July 08, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »

LIFE BLOOD (2010): The premise is that vampires are God's lesbian angels---literally.  Try to wrap your mind around that one. 

I just tried to and got a headache from it.  God + Angels(Lesbian) = Vampires.

I can't make heads or tails of that equation I came up with!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Vik
« Reply #2548 on: July 08, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »

The Brain from Planet Auros

This was pretty awesome, I expected it to be really good but it was actually better. When the guys eyes went black it worked perfectly and the end fight against the brain was actually pretty scary.
Great old B-movie.
4.5/5
ChaosTheory

« Reply #2549 on: July 08, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »

Going through one of my Mill Creek boxsets (those 50 movies for $15 packets they sell in bookstores and ShopKo)

Dario Argento's Deep Red - a piano player witnesses a psychic's murder and struggles to solve the mystery.  The transfer I have is pretty low quality but I enjoyed the story; it has some good scares and a sweet soundtrack.  I liked Suspiria better but this one's worth watching.  6.5/10

The Witches' Mountain (1972) - A photographer ditches his girlfriend to go on an assignment to take pictures of a supposedly haunted hilltop.  On the way he picks up another girl for (he hopes) a booty call on the trip and they explore the mountain.  The bad news is, the jilted girl is in a coven and they just happen to practice their dark arts on that same mountain.  My little synopsis of the movie, as it turns out, is a heckuva lot more interesting than the movie itself.  This is a very typical 70s Z-horror with endless shots of people talking and walking, lit with a Book Owl penlight and no onscreen payoff.  And the lead actor? Uh, no thanks.  1/10

Messiah of Evil (1972) - A woman heads to a small shoreside town to visit her father; but when she gets there, he's disappeared and the residents are acting very odd.  This one wasn't great but wasn't terrible either; there's still a lot of shots of people talking and walking around but at least they tried to put a little craftsmanship into the camerawork and sets.  The acting is B-movie typical and they do go through quite a bit of that awesome 70s poster paint fake blood.  4/10

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.