Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:02:16 AM
715299 Posts in 53130 Topics by 7756 Members
Latest Member: Anthonynolla
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2123936 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3120 on: December 24, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »

MST3K: SANTA CLAUS:  Yeah, the Mexican movie where Santa Claus lives on a cloud island in space with Merlin and fights the Devil.  There is no way this could not be entertaining; this is one I'd love to see without the commentary.  Pretty easy for the guys to joke about; it only needs a little nudge to make it utterly hilarious.  The host segments are a bit of a let down but with a movie this insane and cheesy it doesn't matter.  4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3121 on: December 26, 2010, 03:25:34 PM »

Uzumaki

What the hell?
I really don't know what to make of this.
I guess I liked it...althrough the ending could've made more sense.

I was gonna suggest this to Rev, but someone has already beat me to it.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3122 on: December 26, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »

that one was strange all right!!

I think I have a review of it on here somewhere.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3123 on: December 26, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »

The Rig (2010) - An offshore oil rig is evacuated due to a coming storm, but a small skeleton crew stays behind and is attacked by a monster.  This was actually pretty good.  The characters weren't especially sympathetic, but they were developed and felt, more or less, like real people.  The monster was surprisingly well done, probably because they only showed brief glimpses of it for the most part.  The action moved along at an acceptable pace.  Definitely not a must-see or anything, but a cut above what I was expecting.  3.75/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3124 on: December 27, 2010, 01:26:49 AM »

The Ring Two: Unrated (2005)

Uneven, wretched and silly yet in some strange train wreck way entertaining because over-the-top ridiculous. Because of that I'm pretty sure it was a crowd pleaser during its theatrical run. Which should also explain its impressive box office figures. 3.25/5
Cthulhu

« Reply #3125 on: December 27, 2010, 06:52:36 AM »

Are you sure?
I'd like to read it, but I can't seem to find it.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3126 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »

I AM DAVID (2003)

Historical drama about a boy's escape from a Bulgarian labor camp post WWII.  Very engaging and well made.

4.5 out of 5 for me.

THE LAST WARRIOR (2000)

(Interestingly, IMDB lists the title as THE LAST PATROL, even with the cover art right there on the page with WARRIOR...oh well).

Mind numbingly bad 'story' about California breaking off from a large earthquake.  Given that since then, other quake movies have exceeded 9.5, the 'scale' issue here is pretty funny.

Dolph Lungren is the titular "Last Warrior," though I'm not really sure why since there are other military characters.  I guess they lack his heart or something.

This one is full of enormous plot holes, nonsensical story and it's just an all around mess.  Given all of that, it was a lot of fun to just watch for what it is.

If you want a drinking game for this one, take a swig every time Lungren (or one of the others) pulls some completely ridiculous conclusion out of their rear end.  You'll be smashed by the end of the first act and comatose by the end of the movie.

Gotta go with 2.5 out of 5...really, really bad, but fun in a masochistic way.

EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED (2005)

Elijah Wood on another ring quest (ooops, slight spoiler there). 

Actually, he plays an American Jew in search of family history in modern Ukraine.  He looks for the town where his now deceased grandfather escaped the Nazi's with help from quirky guides from Odessa.  Ukrainian Alex (played by Eugene Hutz) is the high point, as he leads "Jonfen" (vice Jonathan) on his "very rigid search."

Engaging story that is more comedy in the first half and more serious drama in the latter half.  The comedy is REALLY funny, and the drama is quite touching.  I really liked this movie, but the elements with the Ukrainian Grandfather I felt were not sufficiently explored to really understand what was going on there.

Great Indy film, in my opinion with very strong characterization and acting, even if the story leaves a few holes here and there.  I've read that the book goes into the history a bit more deeply and looks like it will be worth a read.

Strong directorial debut from Liev Schrieber, and I give it 4.5 out of 5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3127 on: December 27, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »

CRUCIBLE OF HORROR (1970):  A mother and daughter hatch a plan to kill the family's cruel patriarch.  Reasonably well made, except for the fact that this dull ripoff of much better thrillers never should have been made.  1.5/5.

C ME DANCE (2009): A teenage girl who loves the ballet is simultaneously struck with leukemia and the power to convert unbelievers to Christianity.  Ridiculous and amateurish, but there's something charming about its sincerity, and it's surprisingly easy to watch (and gently mock) in an "ABC After School Special" sort of way. 2/5. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3128 on: December 27, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »

would strongly disagree w/ rev powell about c me dance, did not find it in any way charming.

Revenge of the Ninja - I like when he beat up the Village People

4/5
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:45:26 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3129 on: December 27, 2010, 03:52:37 PM »

would strongly disagree w/ rev powell about c me dance, did not find it in any way charming.

Forgot to give lester1/2jr credit for reminding me to check this one out.  As far as charming, what I meant is charming in its amateur badness like an Ed Wood movie.  The guy who made this is clearly sincere and means well, he's just a really bad filmmaker. When you make fun of it you feel like being kind of gentle about it, rather than hateful as you would be with something that was produced with a cynical corporate mindset. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3130 on: December 27, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

The director played the dad I think.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3131 on: December 27, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »

Are you sure?
I'd like to read it, but I can't seem to find it.

I personally did a review on Uzumaki, so feel free to look into it.  Rev also did a review on it I think.

Strange doesn't cover it.  The movie took many elements from the original manga, which was far more distrubing and weird.  You do not often see preganent women taking drills to people's skulls so they can suck blood out of them or see what happens when there are too many people in one building.

I guess I liked it...althrough the ending could've made more sense.

I can tell you why the ending didn't make sense.  They were following the manga to some extent, but the film came out before it even finished, so ending became totally radical and thus makes no sense.  All of those things the reporter is looking into never happen in the comic.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3132 on: December 27, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »

Last night I watchedarather bleak film called WINTER'S BONE.  a 17 year old daughter of a Missouri Ozarks meth cooker has to find her father when he places the family's land abd house against his bail, then fails to appear in court.  Well acted but very depressing,.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Couchtr26

« Reply #3133 on: December 27, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »

The Bloody Vampire - Got a Mill Creek 20 pack (Undead Nightmares).  Anyway, Mexican vampire film rather enjoyable.  I would have liked a version with subtitles rather then dubbed.  There are a couple of odd moments where things may have been explained better.  Liked the bat as well, a three ft. bat flying around with rabbit ears. 

Ah, the good old days.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3134 on: December 28, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »

Skinwalkers (2006) - there's these two groups of werewolves - one is good, they don't eat people, they just tie themselves up so they can't move when the moon is full.  The other group is bad, they like to dine upon us tender humans.  And there's some legend  Lookingup where if this 12 year old kid turns 13, the werewolf curse will be ended.  So the bad werewolves want to kill the kid because they enjoy being the way they are, and the good guys try to protect him.  Frickin' precocious little turd and his clueless mom.  There's lots of shootouts and werewolf fistfights.  I didn't care if everybody died.  Jason Behr (you may remember him from such TV shows as Roswell) is the head bad guy, and probably the most interesting character in the movie.  It was kind of slow moving too, and dragged on too long at the end.  No, I don't give a damn if everybody lives happily ever after - just roll the credits please.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.