Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:59:12 AM
715384 Posts in 53136 Topics by 7759 Members
Latest Member: Daniel Kay
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone gonna catch Alien Planet this weekend? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone gonna catch Alien Planet this weekend?  (Read 1014 times)
Break It
« on: May 13, 2005, 11:29:41 PM »

I don't know.. looks pretty cool to me.

For the uninitiated, Alien Planet is a special premering 8pm E this Saturday on Discovery Channel.  It's a computer animated show about a (fictional) probe that lands on a planet 6.5 million or light years from earth and all the alien life forms it encounters.  I'm told the show's had a lot of major important from scientists like Stephan Hawking and others who've provided a lot of details on what theoretical lifeforms could develop on such a planet.

Website has a lot of cool photos... you can check it out at
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/alienplanet/alienplanet.html
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:05:55 AM »

It's based on Wayne Barlow's great book "Expedition". It's a shame it's gonna be a documentary, way way back I heard it might have been a real movie!
nobody
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:22:09 AM »

I think this is a rerun. I saw this pseudo-documentary (or one very similar to it) on Discovery about a year ago. It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. You'll probably end up tuning out after 15 or 20 minutes like I did.
Mr Hockstatter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 11:34:07 AM »

Sounds very cool, I'll have to check it out.  But Casper Van Diem is on at the same time on Sci-Fi with his 40 foot mummy!  Guess I'll have to catch one of the reruns.  I really liked what Discovery did with that Yellowstone volcano docu-drama.  Best disaster film I've seen in a long time.  And that one about Pompeii was excellent as well.

Maybe Casper will have to wait.

Ed
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »

I stayed up late and watched the second run.  It was very well done.  When I was 10 or so, I saw the "After Man" exhibit about potential directions for evolution after humans died off.   Its also a book series.
-Ed
Diablo44.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »

I recorded it and watched it on Sunday and was pleasantly suprised. My biggest complaint was with their attempts to pad it by having the "coming up next on Alien Planet. . " bumpers before each commercial showing what will happen when they come back and the "Earlier on Alien Planet. . " bumpers when they came back from the break. Not only did ruin the surprises for what was next, it made what should have been a one hour commercial-less special 2 hours long! Even with the ability to fast forward through the commercials, it was annoying. But, on just content, I enjoyed it. They didn't recycle footage of the CGI  "aliens" like they did for the "Walking With Dinosaurs" specials. And John C. McGinley (from 'Scrubs' and 'Platoon') was a decent enough narrator.

Rob
The KO Picture Show
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone gonna catch Alien Planet this weekend? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.