Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:32:08 AM
714829 Posts in 53108 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BloodRayne « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BloodRayne  (Read 1440 times)
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 10, 2004, 11:38:02 PM »

I just read that Ben Kinglsey is going to play the lead in this movie. I have never heard of the game that this is from..is it any good?
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 12:00:26 AM »

I just found out the lead is a female..oops.
Yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:11:59 AM »

Well Ben Kingsley does have great range as actor, maybe he wants to try female roles.......
Max Gardner
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 11:44:18 AM »

The game is about big-breasted vampire women fighting Nazis in Argentina, which is a hard concept to screw up, but could have been executed better than it was.  Still, there's a sequel in the works, although I didn't know about the movie.  I suppose Kingsley could play a Nazi.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 01:30:10 PM »

Kingsley apparently gave up a part in Speilberg's 70s terrorist epic to be in this flick.

Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 01:54:53 PM »

Maybe it was worth it to Kingsley in order to be able to hang out with big-breasted vampire women...sign me up!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
nobody
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 02:06:03 PM »

I loved the video game- up until the very last boss. I thought he looked dumb, and for some strange reason he was incredibly hard for me to kill (although my brother beat him the very first time around- making me look like a fool).

Kristanna Loken, the actress who played the female terminator in T3, is going to play the part of Rayne. I would've picked Kate Beckinsale myself, but Kristanna is a good choice as well.

But unfortunately, no matter how good the cast, it's still directed by Uwe Boll, so it'll be a terrible movie.
...I believe I've said that on this board before, but I kind of feel it's my public duty to warn others about Boll's activities. He caused me a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering with House of the Dead.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 02:11:09 PM »

Nobody,

And to think that he is also directing Alone In The Dark w/ Christian Slater.  Great gam, I'm sure the movie will suck.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 03:21:29 PM »

Uwe Boll is a cluster f**k who needs to go back to doing music videos.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Foywonder
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 04:47:29 PM »

I wasn't aware Boll ever directed music videos. However, he does have doctorate in literature.

Yaddo42
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 06:46:27 AM »

A doctorate in one field does not translate to ability in another field.

In a  letter he reportedly briefly posted on the website for his new film "Alone In the Dark" ( according to the boards at IMDB it was removed shortly after but someone reprinted there) responding to the people who hated "House of the Dead", he claimed he did the best he could with the budget and the script he had. It seems if you have a PhD in literature, you might know something about storytelling and be able to rewrite or punch up a weak script.

Considering that "House of the Dead" is already ranked #25 in the Bottom 100 at IMDB, video game and genre fans seem to hate him even more than Paul W S Anderson, and even the nicest reviews of HOTD I remember refered to how incomprehensible and incompetent it was I can see why there is so much dread of him directing new films.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 07:07:42 AM »

I think the guy is completely incompentent when it comes to directing.

I will say that House Of The Dead was God awful.

But, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I thought it was fun, and had to be enjoyed by the badness of it.  Isn't that what this site is all about?

I'm also sure that I couldn't have done much with the script either.  Consider the fact that it was written by Dave Parker.  This is the same guy who directed great films like:

Bimbo Movie Bash
Kraa! The Sea Monster
The Dead Hate The Living

Granted, The Dead Hate The Living wasn't too bad.  But, I would CERTAINLY NOT hire Parker to write a script for a major film like that based on his past work.  I think that it was mainly the studio's fault for hiring these two inexperienced/incompentent guys to helm the two most important parts of the film.

And to think that Uwe has a multi film contract.....ugh

Dropo
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 01:12:13 PM »

It is a pretty cool game. I'm getting around to renting it again to get to the end. I was stuck on some level where you had to walk over a bunch of trees.
Dropo
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 01:13:48 PM »

Seeing the T3 chick in that oufit would be hot
Andrew 10001
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2004, 12:32:29 PM »

I loved the game the random acts of extream violence against Nazis is always fun, plus you can do the code so she is visably carrying all the weapons in her collection n it makes her look bad ass.  I think it would make a better vamp movie than underworld n Ben Kingsly aka Sexy Beast n Gandi would be cool in it the only question is what would he play, having a brit play a nazi is as unconvincing as the movie Bunker.  Which has a cast of all brits like Jason Flemming and Admrial Corington for Piarets of the Carriabeian.  The only good part of that movie was the Nietzsche quote in the beggining.  You got to love Nietzsche!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BloodRayne « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.