Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:27:57 PM
715000 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  War movies with zombies, vice versa « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: War movies with zombies, vice versa  (Read 2382 times)
Eric
New Visitor

« on: September 07, 2003, 04:17:09 AM »

Just watched "The Bunker" and "Zombie Lake".

There must be more...
dean
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 08:13:43 AM »

its not a zombie movie, but i remember there was a civil war movie that was based on some unit whose souls are trapped in some river, and they roam at night killing other units.  apparently only stopped by running water or silver.  i can't remember the title of this film but it had the main guy from mysterious ways in it.  it wasn't that bad, but it was a telemovie type thing and it shows.

it was kinda cool having  possesed civil war people, it was the first reasonably modern film of this type i've seen in a while
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 11:05:16 AM »

Here's a few:

Shock Waves (great movie by the way- Nazi Zombies)
Night of the zombies 2 (utter crap)

And there's that movie that is sort of a sequel to white zombie but I forget the title. It has Bela Lugosi's eyes comanding the zombies at one point. I forget the name but haven't heard too many good things about it ever.
Eric
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 11:46:12 AM »

Shock Waves... Mustfindmustfind.

"Zombie Lake"  also features some excellent... well, nazi zombies.  Some nudity too.

Wow.
Eric
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 11:47:44 AM »

Odd theme indeed...
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 12:15:15 PM »

I didn't like Shock Waves that much...maybe because it was just a PG.

Also Oasis of the Zombies, though that might be Night of the Zombies 2...it's terrible no matter what you call it.

I think that Civil War zombie movie is The Supernaturals.
Apostic
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 12:35:23 PM »

Just to help keep things straight on which Night of the Zombies vs whatever Oasis:

Night of the Zombies (1981) - Directed by Joel M. Reed, and not to be confused with the one directed by Bruno Mattei.  WWII era Yanks and Germans are still slugging it out in an isolated area of Europe, only now they're doing it as a pastime.  Seems they were exposed to chemicals that made them into immortals with a taste for human flesh.  Sounds like it could be good, but it ain't.

La Tumba de los Muertos Vivientes (1983, a.k.a. The Oasis of the Living Dead and Bloodsucking Nazi Zombies) - Lost Nazi treasure guarded by the reanimated corpses of the original custodians.  See also Il Fantasma di Sodoma (1988, a.k.a. The Ghosts of Sodom), wherein we have the ubiquitous teens-pestered-by-ultimate-evil thing, but this time it's by the ghosts of Nazis who were rudely interrupted in mid-orgy by their own deaths.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 12:48:52 PM »

How about "The Supernaturals" with Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura from Star Trek)

I myself have not seen it but I know the synopsis.

Go here to read about it:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092030/

I'm gonna have to rent this one sometime.

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 02:14:22 PM »

I remember liking The Supernaturals , but it's been too long to say why, or if I was nutz at the time.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there's also Shockwave.  I'm not recomending it, mind you - the ending ruined the movie for me - but it's out there.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Eric
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 08:11:52 PM »

Apostic --> Great idea on the first one though.

"Fantasma di Sodoma", this one I'll have to get. Orgies, zombies AND nazis.

Jawohl!

Post Edited (09-07-03 20:14)
Apostic
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 10:28:47 PM »

A few other occur.

King of the Zombies (1941) - Poverty row horror-comedy-mystery with an evil German agent using voodoo zombies and such.  Or maybe not.  Long story....

Horror Express (1972) - Instant zombie cossacks.

House (1986) - One of my favorites: Richard Moll as Big Ben, a vengeful undead soldier with an M60A1.

Uncle Sam (1997) - Another zombie war vet. Sigh. See Andrew's review at http://www.badmovies.org/movies/unclesam/index.html

Army of Darkness (1993) - Well, you know...

And this just in, well, as of last Thursday. A voodoo priest has claimed that he can make an army of a thousand or so zombies to act as terrorists against the United States.  When Fox News Channel ran this story (tongue in cheek), they cross-cut clips from the al-Qaida training video with scenes from Dawn of the Dead.  And as Shepherd Smith said when wrapping up that story, "Be sure to practice those head shots."

regards,

Apostic
dean
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 10:37:43 PM »

nah the supernaturals isn't the one i'm thinking of.

one i'm thinking of is more recent than that, and i wouldn't count it as a zombie movie, but it goes on a similar thread i guess.

its called the killing box, or the ghost brigade or something along those lines.

heres the summary:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0107319/

like i said before, it was ok, not great.

and speaking of zombie films, we just had one locally made zombie film released here last week called 'undead'.  haven't seen reasonably new zombie film in ages, so i hope its good [yay its aussie!] i'll probably see it next week, but i've heard good things about it, and quite a few international distributors are looking at it, so maybe you'll get this one up your way.
peter johnson
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 10:54:53 PM »

Well, I did like Shockwaves -- Peter Cushing was his usual self & that can sometimes be all that you need to recommend re. a good(?) genre flick.  I thought the premise was fantastic & the stalking beings underwater preceed the "Pirates of the Carribbean" Depp vehicle currently showning -- in fact, that scene of the underwater undead could be a ripoff!!  Disney:  Call your lawyers!!
Not strictly on the topic, but soldiers & supernatural beings, werewolves not zombies, everyone should really see "Dog Soldiers", shot in Scotland:  Good acting, flying heads, lots of blood, multiple camera angles & cross-cuts/terrific editing.
peter johnson
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 11:13:17 AM »

I saw Dog Soldiers recently and thought it was a lot of fun, though my favorite part was when the dog decided to pull at the Special Forces guy's guts while no one way paying attention.  It reminded me of that "Massive Headwound Harry" skit from Saturday Night Live.
StatCat
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 04:15:44 PM »

Shock Waves is definitely the best Nazi zombie movie. Zombie Lake and Oasis of the Zombies were pretty horrid.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  War movies with zombies, vice versa « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.